Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe, and thank you for answering our questions.
    I would like to know whether the Orii ascended to the same plane as the ancients. As I recall in regards to Anubis there were many planes between mortality and that of the ascended ancients. It would seem to me that if they, the Orii, are ascended to a lower plane, that would be a reasonable explanation as to why they need worshippers, i.e. to remain ascended and why a relatively few ascended ancients from our galaxy could hide it from them for so long. Potentially, it could also explain why Anubis wanted to remake the galaxy so as to attain at least the Orii level of ascention through creating wholly devoted worshippers (at the very least it would explain the difference in lights/black cloud/fire in ascended forms). Subsequently, aside from the reason that the other ascended ancients didn't do more to stop Anubis because of their policy of non-interference is that doing so would have attracted the attention of the Orii. This would make an interesting story arc in that had Daniel and Vala not used the stones device, Oma and Anubis's fighting would have brought them anyways but the Earth would have been completely caught unaware. It seems to me that perhaps the ancients may have been caught unaware of the Orii once before or refused to believe/convert and were wiped-out by the plague, but managed to save themselves through ascending to an even higher plane than the Orii.
    Last edited by Gatorgumbo; 18 August 2005, 01:03 AM.
    www.mektek.net

Comment

Hi Joe,

For the time being, it's clear that Carter, Teal'c and Daniel are just helping out (so to speak) until something firms up for SG-1.

Considering they both hold the same military rank, I was wondering whether Carter or Mitchell will take actual command of the unit once they formally decide to ressurect SG-1 in Ex Deus Machina?

MG

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hi,

Why will Sci-Fi shorten the broadcast season by airing two new episodes of SG-1 and SG-A on one night? Does Sci-Fi have another show they want to launch?

Comment

About the deleted bar scene from "The Ties That Bind": any chance of getting a transcript/summary of what was going on in that scene?

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Hi Joe,

i am starting my own fansite about stargate and i was wondering how i could get new pics or spoilers or general stargate news, do you know if there are certain people that i need to contact for that or ...

thanks in advance

Comment

Hi

I have a question...why was/is there so many South African actors in SG-1?

The lady playing Hathor is one.
              That beautiful hunk playing Ba'al is one including Mr South Africa.
              And somebody mentioned that Teal'c's temple priestess girl is one.

Also I love the fact that in Atlantis you see the South African flag on some of the scientists sometimes walking in the background,

So...overall - do you guys have any connection with South Africa or do you just love my country,

Comment

you have said previously that you would like to create your own tv show - would you like that to be sci-fi or some other genre.
                i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Hi Joe,

I was wondering if you had something to do with the choice of the name 'Kusanagi' for one of Atlantis' scientists? Because when I hear 'Kusanagi', I think of Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, and I understood that you were an anime fan

Comment

I apologize if this has been asked before but what is meant by using the word "and" in the starring credits - particularly as in the case of Michael Shanks and David Hewlett. Why are they billed differently than other cast members?

Comment

Hi Joe,

"Beachhead" episode left me completely destroyed and depressed about Vala's fate. Please, please, please, tell me she survived it and we will see Vala again soon. Without her the rest of the season is going to be SOOOOO EMPTY!!!

Comment

Hi Joe.
                        Last year around this time we were hearing some apparently well-founded rumors that there would be a direct-to-DVD SG1 movie set in season 2. Then apparently things fell through. My question is whether there is still a possibility of such a project, and if so will it be an adaptation of what the original plot was supposed to be, but using the current cast (i.e., Mitchell and Landry rather than O'Neill and Hammond)? If not, could you tell us what the original plot was?

Thanks so much.

Comment

Joe, I have a question about "beachhead"....

was Maury Chaykin's character developed with his work as that gourmand genius Nero Wolfe in mind?

Comment

Might we get an Ori episode with such dialogue as:

Landry says "You're late, Colonel Mitchell!"
                            "Sorry, Sir - I had a Prior engagement."

Comment

Hi Joe,

I have to ask

When will we be seeing Vala return to the show? Soon, please, please let it be soon! And also, when she does come back...please, please, please tell me she's a permanent member of SG1!

I don't know how anybody else feels about it, but I think she's the best thing to happen to stargate since Daniel figured out how to work the Stargate!

Comment

Hi Mr. Mallozzi,

Just wondering, is there any chance that we'll one day see the cast of SG1 and SGA (and a few of the guest stars) hosting SNL? That would be wet-your-pants hilarious, I bet.
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X