Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, so i just read your blogs.. and you've mention you just watch infernal affairs.. have you seen the second one as well? its very good.. i just hope the remake that is being made here doesn't ruin the title.. its a very good movie i thought should be left alone and not remade.. the actors in it are just too good.. it suits the asian gang very well.. because many remakes here have been bad from asia to north america. so what other asian movies have you watched?

Comment

Hey Joe,

Why the upgrade/downgrade of the wormhole for SG-1? I'm curious as to the reasoning behind the decision to change the effect. Were you guys just tired of the same thing, or were there other considerations? Personally, I'm partial to the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
        Will "that character" which we will see in Ripple Effect appear only in this episode or will we see him or her more often?
        So far - only the one episode. But who knows what the future holds.

Comment

[QUOTE=not so ancient]Hello, Joe.

I'm Kim, and I appreciate your time spent here with us very much.

My question: you hint to us whether we get (1) more (2) less or (3) the same of the goofy devolved McKay this season?

If only by reading this thread, not to mention other threads on Gateworld, you have to know that more than a few of us feel that McKay hasn't been dealt with very well so far in S2. Many feel Runner was a real kick in the gut to McKay's character. The dialogue with Ford was good but some other moments really hit a wrong note.

David's immensely talented and can do everything you ask of him as an actor, but it's distressing to see the writer's play to his comic capability to the detriment of the character. Yes, McKay whinges and is a bit of a pain, but if that's all we see of him, it will be hard to take him seriously again as a scientist and team member. I really think we need more balance.

Can you share anything that is coming up that rounds out McKay's character again, shows us the semi-brave guy we saw in "The Defiant One" and the smart, if scared, guy we saw in "Hot Zone"?
          QUOTE]

Fear not, McKay-fans. We'll see the many sides of Rodney this season.

Comment

[QUOTE='Anubis[MYTH]']The Episodes last night where great, Runner and Origin. I can say i didn't care much for Origin the first time through but i think it was that i was distracted to many times but i really did like it, the episode Runner has to be my favorite episode of Atlantis so far. I geuss my question is about Runner. Momoa, with his hair style make shim seem like he'd be some mean grumpy person but you made him calm. I geuss the question is what made the writters decide to make him a calm character in stead of the grumpy mean one tjhat i had at first invisioned? was it the characters idea?
            /QUOTE]

Nope. Rob's idea. He had a very clear idea of what he wanted Ronon to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
              Hello Joe,

In the TV Zone magazine - Stargate Special there is a picture of Daniel and Sam they are running through some green vegetation with what looks to be a fire coming up behind them on the left. They're wearing black SG-1 uniforms, Daniel is wearing a bandana and Sam is wearing a cap. They are both carrying P90's. There's another picture of Sam, same clothing, walking alone near the edge of a forest, speaking into her radio. (If you look close enough, you can see someone in camoflage in the shadows.)

Do you know which episode these images are from?
              Thanks.
              SueS
              Sounds like Babylon.

Comment

How was the pronounciation of "Daedalus" settled on?

Technically, shouldn't it be "day-da-lus" concidering how it's spelled? If it were pronounced "dead-a-lus", wouldn't it be spelled "Deadalus"?

Every dictionary I've looked at has it spelled Daedalus, and not Deadalus. Heck, Caldwell even has Daedalus written on his flightsuit patch.
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                  Sounds like Babylon.

Thanks.

Now, a question about The 4th Horseman. You mention different people looking for "pieces of the puzzle".

Are these "pieces" animal, mineral, or vegetable?

SueS

Comment

Hi Joe,

This has been a point of much confusion in the discussion threads... Did the Ancient Alliance of the four great races exist after the Atlanteans returned to Earth 10,000 years ago, or did it exist before Atlantis left Earth for the Pegasus Galaxy millions of years ago? I always thought it was before they left Earth millions of years ago... but a lot of folks are convinced it was after they returned.

Thanks..!
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Is there any reason that Mitchell calls Daniel "Jackson"? It doesn't seem to be a military thing, since he called Sam, who actually is in the military by her first name, instead of Carter. And, when they met in Daniel's lab, Daniel introduced himself as Daniel.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I think there is alot of potential in this new enemy for this season!! Can't wait to see what they are capable of and how our heroes respond!

You may have noticed that most fans look forward to Sam's return to the show (and these are many who like Vala too). You may have also noticed that a small minority of fans who are the "not so fond of Sam" fans are suggesting that Sam in season 9 has been relegated to a supporting background character, given the spoilers after her return. And some suggest that this is because you now have finally recognized that Carter can't be a lead (even though ratings did quite well in the last several seasons!). And even some are suggesting that this may be a gentle push to have Amanda Tapping leave the show for season 10. How would you and the other producers/writers respond to their view?

Given your answer about Carter's lack of story arc this season, is this what you have done----put her in her "place" as a background character? And if so, is this because AT went on maternity leave, even though she is back full-time? Why would I ask this? Given how little Teal'c, another main character from the old SG1, has been in the first 5 episodes, it makes me wonder what you will do to Sam this season.
                        Last edited by chocdoc; 14 August 2005, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Hi Joe,
                          It's great that you answer the questions of the fans. My question is why in The Ties That Bind (I'm not a shipper), did General Hank Landry give a loveing look at the fact Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell and Dr. Carolyn Lam where together. Was it intentional when you wrote it or by accident when the actors performed it?

Comment

hi.. another question.i dont think anyone has notice this but in atlantis. the episode duet.. when weir talks with ronan.. she says major sheppard recommends blah blah.. now shouldnt it be colonel shepperd.. was this a blooper or is this really scripted for a purpose?

Comment

Hey Joe,

With regards to the PJ's, Do they need to uncloak to go through the gate or not. We've seen others in the past like the Reetou come through while cloaked. Personally I don't really see the need to & think they could come through while cloaked. So if possible could you please clear this up, Many Thanks..

Comment

Hey Joe

Any more Arthurian references in Season 9 or were us fans just suppose to live with the "plot-springer" Avalon Pt. 1 & Pt 2?

Comment

Working...
                                X