Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a relevant question for ya, Joe:

Do you have any time at all for your family?

Seriously, thanks for being here...
    BUT:
    Originally posted by JMallozzi
    Favorite NFL team - The same as Chris Judge: Raiders!
    PU-LEASE! The Raiders? Seriously?! Sheesh!

Keep up the GREAT work... I'll ask ya questions when I think you really have the time!

PkGrl-- Charger fan since BIRTH

Comment

Hey Joe, waddaya know? *rimshot* Moving on...

So I saw the new preview for season 9 and I'm pretty sure I saw a kiss in there somewhere... Or at least a grabbing of heads and mutual movement toward each other. Any confirmation on that? Any HINTS as to who it may be?

As always, thanks buckets.

As an aside: excellent choice in anime. (^^)b Super-bonus points if you (or anybody else who reads this) knows the origin of my screename.
      "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

Comment

Mr Mallozzi...

Richard Dean Anderson has recently hinted about his possible return--that we "may see him again somewhere down the line". If this means an episode or two during the latter half of season 9, is it likely that Jack O'Neill will be going offworld, or will he just be appearing at the SGC base?

('Cause you know, not everyone has a handy Ancients gene available for use ;D)

Comment

Hi, Joe!

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions, I'm really enjoying them (and enjoying how you skirt/weasel out of several of them ). I'm also looking forward to the new season (1 month! 1 month!)

So, right, question. What is the oddest/weirdest/most-of-the-wall rumor that you've heard, for both Season 9, and the series as a whole?

Comment

Another question... Sorry!

In the new Sci-fi season 9 promo it shows the kiss between Sam and Jack from Moebius part 2. You've made it fairly clear in your comments that there won't be much romance in the first half of season 9. But why would this be in the promo, if you don't intend for Carter and O'Neill to be together??

I think you're not telling us some things to keep us watching, waiting and hoping... Joe, be clear, please--are we hoping in vain?

Comment

Not so much a question as a wish.

Jack has to go offworld to Atlantis!!. The series will not be complete without at least one visit by Jack to Atlantis.

Can I have a job writing for Stargate?

Comment

Here's a question that's probably been asked a dozen times.... Are Sam and Jack EVER gonna get together? No specifics, just a bit of reassuring needed. You can tell us. We'll still keep watching ya know.
                A tiny hint. That's all we need. Pleeeeeeease *Pulls sweet innocent adorable face*. Pretty please.

Any silence will be considered an affirmative!
                Shéyna

Sheyna-isms: Like normal words, but better!

Pop into my myspace profile and leave me a message! If you wanna add me, message me letting me know your from gateworld first!!!www.myspace.com/sheyna_lou

XxX

sigpic

Comment

I've noticed that all seasons of the show were filmed in the 1.78 aspect ratio, but ... they're shown in syndication (and S1-5 on SciFi) in the old 'standard' TV 1.33 aspect ratio. What did it happen that way?
                  (This really came to my attention after seeing screencaps from 2010 and then the episode itself, in which major characters are lopped out of the frame in the 1.33 version.)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

After watching "Frozen" again tonight, I was wondering about Aiyana. She had a brief cameo in Rising, so will we ever find out what happened to her and how she ended up frozen on Earth?
                    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Daniel: Oh! You see?
                    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by SlightlyManiacalGater
                      Hi Joe.
                      Thanks for the time you spend sharing inside info with the fans.

I'm interested in how the writers/producers of SG1 process feedback from the fans. What are your primary sources - reading fan mail, attending conventions, other? Do you ever visit fan forums that have a different point of view than this one (and if so, how do you strike a balance between the diverse viewpoints on the various fan sites)? How do you balance the feedback from the various groups of fans and try to keep them all satisfied? And to what extent do you use that input in setting direction for the show and the characters? How do you blend fan feedback into the creative process and still remain true to the overall artistic vision for the show?

Or is the creative process not nearly that complicated? Is it sometimes more like, how many words can I get on paper in time to meet my deadline?

Thanks.
                      I try to check out a variety of boards. Its always interesting to see what works for certain fans, what doesn't, and why. We also read all of the mail addressed to us. As for trying to please fans - well, so far so good I think judging from the ratings. I've often said - you can't please all of the people all of the time, and we try to strike a balance in terms of the types of stories we tell.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCO
                        Hi.
                        Whatever happened to the Atlantis personal shields? Thanks.
                        Do you mean the personal shield that almost got McKay killed in season 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                          Hi Joe. I have a question about Atlantis. This is kind of a silly question, but the game of Prime/Not Prime played by McKay and Zelenka in Hot Zone reminds me of the movie Cube, where the characters use prime numbers to determine if a room is booby-trapped. Was this a conscious nod to David Hewlett's role in Cube, or is this just a coincidence?

Thanks so much for your time!
                          Just a coincidence. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by halowolf
                            Hi Joe !
                            I have only one but huge question :

Can you tell us if this being is a Ori , a Prior or a Doci ?
                            Thanks you to answer to our questions. ( I am french so excuse me for my english )

Bye
                            Halowolf
                            What's a Doci? I'm not sure given that the season 9 premiere has yet to offer - however, if I were to imagine a Doci, he's what I'd picture in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                              *imitating Flanders' grandma* Hello, Joe!

Some...really good answers just now. Cool. Yeah.
                              *cough* we'd really like to know if Ronan Dex has a sword *cough*
                              Oh, gee, I'm sorry about that. I'm recovering from a flu, and I keep coughing incoherent stuff...anyway...

My question for you is thus; Over on one of the Carolyn Lam discussion threads, I've noticed that no one seems to know the details of her appointment to the SGC, and I though I'd query you on the subject: who appoints Lam to the SGC, O'Neill or Landy? 'Cause many people think that this is in breach of Air Force regulations and plain common sense, so if you could shed some light on the subject, I - and I'm sure others - would appreciate it.

Unless you've already answered this, in which case...please answer it again.

Yours in jubilation,
                              The White Knight

This question will be answered in season 9. Patience. Patience.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                                Hi Joe,

(I hope it's ok to ask Atlantis-related questions here again now that Martin is no longer doing questions...not that I can blame him, If the choice is between writing SGA and dealing with us heh).

Anyway, over on the Sheppard-Mckay discussion thread it was suggested that the chemistry between Shep and McKay, unlike the Jack-Daniel banter, kind of 'just happened' and wasn't originally scripted or intended to be front-centre of the show.

So is their snarktastic relationship a product of Joe & David, which the writers have picked up on, or something more deliberate?
                                It's a little more deliberate. As you may or may not know, the addition of Dr. McKay to Atlantis team was a last minute decision so, in that respect, the chemistry was not planned. However, it was something we were hoping to develop and David and Joe's ability to really convey that chemistry onscreen went a long way toward making it a staple of the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X