Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Mr. Mallozzi,

With all the great spoilers that seem to be coming out lately regarding the new season of SG-1, it's become quite apparent that very little is being said about Lt. Colonel Carter. This has left many of us over at the 'Sam is a Great Character' thread to come up with our own scenarios as to what Sam has been doing all this time.

Several of our scenarios involve Sam working with the Asgard, either as a member of the Daedalus or perhaps as an ambassador to Earth working with Thor?

Any chance you can give us a hint whether we are heading in the right direction on this one... one of the following would suffice.

A. "Antarctica has never been so cold"
    B. "You know...that island Maui, with the big beaches and little bikinis?"
    C. "Welcome to Netu"

Thanks in advance,
    ForeverSG1

Comment

Hey Joe--

Is Daniel going to keep that fuzzy face all season? If it's because people think Michael Shanks looks like Browder, he doesn't, and Daniel looks even less like Mitchell, especially when Daniel's wearing his glasses. PLEASE get that fuzz off his face!!!

Thank you :-)

Dana Jeanne
      Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        Are you implying some sort of potential romantic relationship between Sam and the new General played by Beau Bridges. Well, I never really gave it a thought but now that you mention it...hmmmm....
        Joe, we appreciate you being here, but as anxious as many fans are about the future of the Sam/Jack ship right now, the quote above is just a mean thing to say!

As to shooting with RDA in L. A., you said in another post above that it would be more expensive than we think it would be. Well, from my broadcast background, let me offer you a low-cost alternative to studio shoots. For about $200-$400 dollars a month (I'm familiar with East Coast prices; aren't things always "slightly higher west of the Rockies"?), you could install an ISDN phone line (broadcast quality) at his house and let him do phoners. In the fans' minds, that would keep him in touch with Sam (or "alive and well on the Stargate canvas," as you promised), and would beat NOTHING----which is what we're all afraid we're going to get.

Could the budget bear that?
        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 22 April 2005, 09:07 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Joe, (can I call you Joe?)

All indidcations are that Season 9 of SG1 will be as good as everyone's predicting, so...that's good. Keep up the good work.
          Enough akwardness, onto some questions...

1) After reading an interview with the developers of 'Stargate SG1 - the Alliance', the upcoming Stargate video game (the interview is linked from the Gateworld homepage), I was just wondering; what involvement have you had, so far, with JoWood, Perceptions, and the game development team? Can you give us some inside info?

2) Some sites are saying that Lt. Col. Mitchell will be contributing the smart alec-ey remarks (and humour) to the team in Season 9. Any comments? If this is so, how will Carter be reacting to all this (considering that, for once, she outranks the smart alec)?

3) Will there be a foothold situation/s at the SGC this year? I ask because they're some of my favourite types of shows (for me, Foothold and Proving Ground are some of my all-time favourites).

4) Lt. Col. Mitchell's background, in terms of his past association with the Stargate program, have already been revealed to us through your thread here, and various other reports on Stargate websites. But what of General Landry's (Landy? Ladry? Laundry?) background? Will this be covered in Season 9? Can you give us some hints?

5) Any plans to bring back ex-Vice President Kinsey in Season 9, possibly in the 'Ex Deus Machina' episode? (my God, I just thought of the most evil villan in history; Ba'al's symbiote in Kinsey)

6) Any plans to bring back any of the SGC recruits from 'Proving Ground' (episode 513)? I know Lt. Elliot died...and Grogan probably got shot...and Satterfield turned into a robot (cheap BSG joke)...but what about Hailey?

Thankyou, again, for some of your very stretched time.

Yours in trepidation,
          The White Knight
          Last edited by White Knight; 23 April 2005, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Joe,
            My dad thought up this question when we were watching "The Other Guys" last night - Do Zat Guns work underwater, and if they do, does the person who fired the gun get shocked as well?
            Thanks,
            Ness

Comment

Hi Joe! Got a question for you.

Who came up with idea of the Orii? The Ancients have always fascinated me, so hearing that there were going to be evil Ancients have made me very excited about the new season.

As always, thank you for the time you take to answer our questions.
              "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Is there any connection between the Orii and the Harsiesis? Why can't have 2 Goa'uld a common child? The satellites in the episode "Siege I" were very similar what Daniel contructed in the episode "Absolut power". Why? What happened with Shifu? Is he an Orii?
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Hello Joe,

A couple questions.

1. What episode does Carter return?

2. Will Vala be gone by the time Carter returns? I think it would be interesting to see some Vala/Carter interaction.

3. There's been some discussion about whether or not Daniel has the Ancient gene. Any chance this subject will be address in any future epsidoes? Either establishing that he does have it or doesn't?

4. The Orii - did they go bad after they ascended, or were they bad to begin with, then learned to ascend?

5. Martin Gero, you might know him, he just started posting on this board , said they were working on a crossover (sort of) between SG-1 and Atlantis which is currently slated to be the 13th ep of Atlantis. Will this Atlantis crossover be tied to what's happening on SG-1?

Thanks in advance for answering

SueS

Comment

Dear Mr. Malozzi

I'm glad to hear that Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter probably will come back to the show. If he come back I think the comeback of Teryl Rothery will be more likely?
                    If you bring back all death characters gradually, the return of Teryl is inevitable, or not?

Best wishes for the show!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello, Mr. Malozzi--

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, I'm quite new to the forum. However, I was watching "Letters" again last night and realized that beam of light John went out to look at was never mentioned again. What was it? Will that be explained later in S2? Thanks.

Comment

In the first spoilers Vala's symbiote was G'ynar, but now it was changed to Quetesh. Why?
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Mr Mallozzi,

What type of research was done for Season 9, ie, what sources did you use to explore Arthurian Legend?

Comment

how are the orii goin to look like ?

Comment

Is the sword in the recently published pic from Avalon a relatively straightforward sword and if so, what use would the Ancients have for it?
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Mr. Mallozzi, I was wondering if you might be willing to comment on the episodes Collateral Damage and Beach Head...just from the titles they really sound interesting
                                sigpic
                                Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                                "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Working...
                                X