Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe,
    I recently posted something about the Ancient Alliance (Asgard, Nox, Furlings, Ancients). Please set this straight

Is it possible for the Asgard to incorporate their technology in Ancient technology (for example, Puddle jumpers)?
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 05 July 2005, 07:37 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Joe,

Are we ever going to find out what happened to General Hammond's wife ?
      I mean, he had to be married at one point, otherwise there wouldn't be grand-children, right ?
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Hey Joe, quick question - when RDA guest stars will the eps be very Jack heavy and will they be handled as well as when MS came back in S6 (some of the best eps of the series!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
          Hi Joe,

I mean, he had to be married at one point, otherwise there wouldn't be grand-children, right ?
          The GW Omnipedia says she died before the events of S1, so I'll follow with a question I know Joe's heard before from DSD himself...

When are TPTB going to give George a love life? *heeheehee*

*runs and hides from Joe's wrath*
          Last edited by Gilder; 05 April 2005, 11:01 PM.
          Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

how come Brad only writes a script or two each year? I know he's busy producing atlantis, but RCC is busy producing SG1, and four of the five eps we currently know are written by RCC, plus he's also writing an SGA episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
              Hi Joe,

In 'Tin Man' didn't Jack say she died from cancer? Trying to prove that he was 'Jack'?
              Ahhh my question:

Will we ever see Sam come outof her lab, when she has leave? beacuse, except to go to sleep or get coffee you know...

Hulabaloo
              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
              LOVE HIM-> DT
              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

In Season 2 of Atlantis, will we see more of the Genii, especially Robert Davi and Kolya?

Comment

how come, in the siege part II, we had Prenum of the Genii instead of Cowen, was Colm Meany unavailable? Or too expensive to fly over, and the money be spend on the special effects instead?

Comment

Mr. Mallozzi, I may have missed the answer to this question in this huge thread so please forgive me, but earlier you posted that your team has discussed a storyline for the race that created the nanovirus in "Hot Zone". Is there any chance that they might be the Furlings who have gone evil or had some sort of falling out with the Ancients causing the four race alliance to fall apart?

Thank you, and keep up the good work on both shows, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                      To whit: Lost.

I'd like to know how much influence the writers and producers have on the casting for something like this. If you put your foot down and said, 'No, I want an Australian instead of someone pretending to be one" would you get an Australian?

Can we have an Australian military team?
                      The response from the studio would probably be something along the lines of: "Sure, so long as you pay to fly a real Aussie over rather than cast a much less cost-prohibitive local."

I paraphrase of course.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boz
                        Hey Joe! Id like to start off by saying thank you for all the years of stargate you have helped produced. There are not enough words.

Any way enough sucking up and down to the serious stuff:

How come if the gould/wraith can build spaceships that are capable of travelling faster then light, why is it they still rely on fire to light they're spaceships? This needs to be resolved now, as whenever I watch stargate with my dad, he always spurts out that stupid question and i miss alot of the dialogue! Help!

PS: Have you seen futurama? If not go find it and watch it now!
                        First, the goa'uld stole most of the technology they used. Secondly, they use the braziers more for effect than as a lighting choice. Thirdly, here's a question for you: "If the Jaffa fly around in space ships, arm themselves with staff weapons and zats, and use ring transport technology - how come they haven't gotten around to upgrading their horns for radios?

Yes, I watch Futurama. I have the series on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                          Ok, the follow up:

Mr. Mallozzi:

Ok, as I thought, so why do both Jacob and Sam mentioned '4 years' if it's been six? Was it a mistake, or did something happen 2 years after Tok'ra 1 & 2 that caused Sam to almost lose Jacob? I certainly don't remember anything.

Few spoilers here, so...

Spoiler:
                          Sam says she wants to get the ZPM upstairs, but Jack stops her and tells her why he wants to do it. Then he mentioned that she has 'packing to do'. I don't know what he means by this:

1. Packing for the fishing trip?
                          2. Packing to go to Atlantis?
                          3. Packing to go live with him? (God-forbid)

It's just something that confused me at the end of Mobius 2.

BYE
                          Jacob and Sam were clearly so overcome with emotion that they didn't realize their error. Television characters occasionally make mistakes - unlike writers.

As for the next question, the answer is: 1.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
                            Hey Joe, I'm really sorry to bother you with this, but there's been a very long, ongoing...discussion....on several threads as to whether or not the Prometheus, and now the Daedalus, are fitted with Asgard energy weapons...yeah I know some of us REALLY need to get a life ....could you be so kind as to weigh in on this???

Oh yes! Thanks for SG1 and SGA!
                            The Asgard have always been very careful about giving other races offensive technology.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              Mr. M.

In SGA. . will we be subjected again to the irritating, yet entertaining Dr. Kavanaugh (aka, "pony tail guy") in season 2? He is sometimes referred to as the Atlantis "Kinsey" - the guy ya love to hate.
                              He is also occasionally referred to as "Penn". Kavanaugh is a great character and chances are we may see him in season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by star47
                                Hi Joe:

I've become so interested and fascinated with the skill and imagination needed to put out a show like SG1, I'm totally in awe! I have no talent in that direction, but I admire the process that I hear about on the commentaries.

Q: When you're writing a script, do you have to be aware of how a visual effect or other effect can be done before you include it, or do you just write it, and leave it up to the particular department to come up with something
                                ?
                                More often than not, it's not a matter of the particular effect but how many effects you put in a script. Our visual effects department is terrific and they continue to impress. I have no doubt they could deliver on whatever we asked of them. However, time and $$$ have to be prime considerations when scripting huge visual effects.

Comment

Working...
                                X