Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NakedJehutyV2
    replied
    is the daedalus the bc 303 (if it even has such a designation)? or is it just "deadalus class"?

Leave a comment:

• Stoko
    replied
    *mod snip* (sorry )

All that rambling said (and God, I do go on and on sometimes ), my question is this. Joe, will the scripts of Stargate episodes ever be made available for general download? I've noticed you sometimes post the scripts for deleted scenes in your In The Making... features, and it's things like that that're the most interesting about downloading and reading shooting scripts. That is, to see how the writer intended the dialog to be read - I've found that many a time, there're a lot of nuances that are missed in the filming process, or sometimes included but I personally didn't pick up on, I find it adds an extra layer of apprieciation for the show to read the script that it came from.

*more mod snipping*

They're a nice read and a great extra touch by the staff of that show, not that you don't do so much for GateWorld and for your fans already, please don't get me wrong on that. Your existing contributions are greatly apprieciated.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it's viability, both for future epsiodes of SG-1/Atlantis and their backlog.

Thanks for your time, all.
    Last edited by kiwigater; 21 January 2006, 07:12 PM. Reason: too much chatter

Leave a comment:

• Kirath
    replied
    Whenever the Daedalus goes into battle Caldwell orders the fighters to launch but we never see them. Will we ever get to see the Daedalus F-302's in combat?

Leave a comment:

• chyron
    replied
    Joe,
    Rumors are a foot that the 200th episode will include the long-awaited debut of the Furlings. If the Furlings do make an appearance, will we see a off-handed line by one of the characters alluding to the widely accepted belief among the fans that the Furlings are furry/hairy?

David H

Leave a comment:

• Royal_Nonesuch
    replied
    Top of the mornin' (or evening) to you Joe!

First off, "Critcal Mass" was a great episode. It maintained the suspense up until the end, but it did inspire a few questions. I'll only ask one lol. I noticed that
    Spoiler:
    McKay advised against using torture while Sheppard believed it was necessary. Obviously, Dr. Weir opted with troture.
    This is probably something that can't be answered, but my question is, whose advice does Weir value most in moral matters, Sheppard or McKay?

On a complete side note--I've read here that you are an ice cream afficionado. Just wanted to reccomend Cincinnati's own Graeter's Ice Cream--in case it hadn't been suggested to you in the past. It's possibly the greatest ice cream in existence, but you'll have to judge for yourself.

Thanks,
    Royal
    Last edited by Royal_Nonesuch; 21 January 2006, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SallyLizzie
    replied
    K, a more serious question; I apologise if this has been asked already.

Apart from Atlantis and the Mainland, are there any other islands on Lantia and are they inhabited?

Leave a comment:

• joshuaselig
    replied
    Hi Joe!!!

Are there any plans to bring back Jolene Blalock as well as Ry'ac in the future or will that happen in Early Season ten?

Leave a comment:

• Vicky
    replied
    First thank you for Ripple Effect and for Janet! I've missed her a lot

And I wonder if there are any plans for Teryl to come back to SG1 even if it's just in flashbacks in season 10?

Leave a comment:

• gilthoniel
    replied
    Originally posted by gilthoniel
    Joe, is there any chance that the upcoming 200th episode of SG1 might feature a reasonable amount of screen time for the actual cast and not just the star and the producers like the 100th?

Elbereth
    Originally posted by JMallozzi
    Actually, the 100th episode featured almost everyone who worked very hard, behind the scenes for those 100 episodes.
    So do we take that as no, the cast won't be featured in the 200th episode either? With no disrespect to the behind the scenes crew or their families who I'm sure enjoyed seeing them, the general audience has no idea who they are nor do they really care. It's the characters we have watched for the previous 199 epsiodes that has kept us coming back and it's a shame that these milestone episodes can't be made without indside jokes that exclude the majority of the audience and ignore the cast we have loved for ten years.

Elbereth

Leave a comment:

• Suzotchka
    replied
    Hi Joe,

I'm really loving Atlantis! Could you tell me if we'll get more of a glimpse into Weir's background? I would love to know why she's so "anti-military" (for lack of a better description).

Thanks,

Susan

Leave a comment:

• Uber
    replied
    Joe,

Another quick Ripple Effect question (can you tell it's my favorite of the season so far?)

Why were only the Black and Green SG-1's on the mission? Why not any of the others? Is there a reason in the show or is it just that continuing that multiple character thing was mindnumbingly expensive a la the special fx team?

Thanks!
    Mary Beth
    ...pouting because we only got a brief glimpse of the ever so cool bubblegum chewing/Tiger Blue SG-1...

Leave a comment:

• Neelan_Liquor
    replied
    Hey, Joe... long time, no ask.

Loved Ripple Effect, but it struck me as I was watching (and no, it didn't hurt ) that there didn't seem to be many shots with body doubles, or, if there were, they were "touched up" in post. In any case, seems the VFX guys had a LOT of work to do on this ep.

So the question is, how expensive was RE in comparison to other eps this season?

Leave a comment:

• BC - 303
    replied
    JOE, any chance that in the DVD release of season 9, we get to see the cut scenes of Ripple effect, in a extended edition (like threads) or just in a deleted scenes file.

Leave a comment:

• purpletoo1
    replied
    OMG Joe! How many times have I told you I love you? Two words for you, Rippleeffect (I know that's not one word) and Mitchell! Several of the gals on his thunk thread are now in love with you too!

Two more for you, Rippleeffect and Martouf! It was so good to see him again!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! And again I love you! You are awesome! The entire show was fabulous, clever and showed your extreme talent!
    I enjoyed your commentary on the ep too. Thanks for giving us all the extra cut scenes. Very funny!

Oh and Collateral Damage was Amazing too!! Very creative...you're the best!
    Last edited by purpletoo1; 23 January 2006, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pagan Twylight
    replied
    Mr. Mallozzi,

Thank you so much for Ripple Effect. Great Episode. Thank you for Martouf, especially. Wish the lip-lock had occurred, but what the hey! At least the chemistry between them was still very obviously there.

Dare we hope for other episodes like this one? It truly was one of the best in a long, time.

Thanking you again for Martouf,

Kat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X