Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feli
    Joe,
    In recent weeks/months a lot of long-time fans of the show have mentioned that they feel that Stargate is increasingly tailored towards a younger, (predominantly male) demographic; in other words the 'typical' scifi fan. Is this a deliberate move or a coincidence? And does Sci-Fi or MGM give you specific directions on where to take the show?
    Feli
    There has been no attempt to change the direction of the show toward any specific demographic. As I've always said, the nice thing about Stargate is that you never know what to expect week to week. We do small episodes, big episodes, one-offs, arc-driven stories, funny episodes, serious episodes. As for who decides the shows direction - the writing department is solely responsible for the show's creative, and Robert Cooper runs the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
      I had read an article somewhere that Keith Hamilton Cobb was considering joining or guest starring on SG1. Since he left Andromeda, (thank god!) I haven't seen hide nor hair or him except for Y/R, or course, (and that's not one of my soaps. ) Any knowledge as to the KHC situation? I'd really love to se him on SG1 or SGA.
      No idea about the KHC situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Hi Joe

After hearing about the Seige Part 1 I have another question but since it's heavy spoilers I'll use the tags as a courtesy to everyone else...

[...]

So the question is do you all or any of you want him back and are we at all likely to see the character back in later seasons?
        Let's just say its unlikely we'll be seeing that character again. But then again, this is scifi so...who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
          Hi Joe

After hearing about the Seige Part 1 I have another question but since it's heavy spoilers I'll use the tags as a courtesy to everyone else...

[...]

So the question is do you all or any of you want him back and are we at all likely to see the character back in later seasons?
          Let's just say its unlikely we'll be seeing that character again. But then again, this is scifi so...who knows.

But probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by glennh73
            Hi Joe, its an honor....

1. Do the Ancients get infected with the plague in the MW galaxy or do they bring it back from the Peg galaxy?
            - We'll be finding out a lot more about the Ancients in season 2. Don't want to give too much away...

2. Is there any safe guards to prevent future storys about the history of the Ancients from rewriting what we have learned in past seasons? Other words is anyone keeping track of continuity between what is established and what is now being thought up?
            Now being thought up? Brad and Robert have a whole, intricate backstory for the Ancients that they're sharing with us piecemeal over the course of the year.

3. Wondering in Eposide 117 (Letters from Pegasus) when the message was sent through to SGC, what eposide time period are they in. Example when Atlantis eposide 117 send that message was SG-1 in eposide 811 or later on?
            - We made a point of keeping that vague.

4. In Rising, did that happen between SG-1's 802 and 803 eposides, cause it goes from Lostcity to knowing about the
            Ancients gene in a really quick time.
            Rising takes place after Lost City I and II.

5. Any chance u bring back the Ashen? (PLEASE)
            Its possible.
            Last edited by GateWorld; 27 February 2005, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Joe, do you have any post-Stargate plans or projects in mind? Or is it too early to start thinking about that? Weren't you and Paul thinking of your own project at some point?
              Paul and I have another project kicking around but, realistically, we don't have the time to work on much else but Stargate. When production ends, we're planning for next season...
              Last edited by GateWorld; 27 February 2005, 10:11 PM. Reason: quote tag fix

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                Hey Joe

In the commentary for Lost City, it was mentioned that the Jack/Sam relationship would be 'dealt with' by the end of s8....but it was also mentioned that the jack/daniel relationship would be dealt with as well.

I know you won't say anything about J/S, but any hints about J/D?
                J/D relationship? I think that's a question for whoever it was that made mention of resolving this issue by the end of S8.

Comment

Joe, how did you get Beau Bridges as a main cast member on SG-1?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    Hi Joe ,

I don't know if you already answered that kind of question but I'm a bit worried about season 9. I think season 9 is gonna be lots of a change with all those new people coming in the show...
                    There are a lot of changes in store for season 9 but, in if you look back over the past few years, there have been many changes to the show and I think its as strong as ever. We'll be introducing some interesting new elements next season and I think our fans will be very pleased.

Comment

Could you by any chance confirm the information that Jason Momoa will be playing Ronon Dex?
                      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
                        Hi Mr.Mallozzi!

1. How long will the Wraith be the enemy of Atlantis? I think this storyline must ended with a truce, because I won't see a war without end for 3-4 season. I hope that you and the other writers will write about more their origin, tradition, their connection to the Ancients (and the Alliance) and speciel abilities (illusions like Nox).
                        1. Check out Siege III, the Atlantis season 2 opener for the why's and whatfor's of that one. And, yes, we'll be learning a lot more about the Wraith in the coming year.

2. Why will the Wraith choose the combat style of kamikaze if they are almost immortal?
                        True, but they possess a hive mentality.

3. Are the Genii the part of the Brotherhood?
                        Nope.

4. dr. Weir hasn't send troops for the last 3 planets before the Siege, where they could have found ZPMs. Why? Were they unable to dial there? I hope they will continue the searching in Season 2 in JF's story!
                        Not sure I understand the question. Okay, I'm sure I don't understand the question.

5. How can the city be on the ocean without sinking? Will they fly away later? Is there any lifeforms in the ocean or on the continent?
                        I suppose it floats not unlike, say, a ship. No plans to fly away in the near future. Lifeforms in the ocean or continent? Its very possible.

6. Will they revisit the planet Hoff (Poisoning the Wheel)?
                        No plans to revisit Hoff.

7. How many stargate systems are? At least we saw three galaxy, but I would like to see a reference for this (and for the next spin-offs ).
                        Only time will tell.

8. Is there any chance to find a chrystal skull or an alternative universe mirror in Pegasus?
                        Nope. However, we may find another device that would allow us to tell similar types of stories.

9. Will Janus return? What happened in the past with Sheppard and Zelenka? Are they really dead or the Ancients have lied to Weir? How was he able to build a time machine if they weren't able in the 4x06 WoO?
                        Different Ancients.

10. Are the Ancients and the Gatebuilders the same race? Why was in the Rising that the city flied away million years ago? I think the timeline should be reconsider, because Aiyana was 3 million year old, but the people of Janus lived only 10000 years ago. Why?
                        Yup.
                        Last edited by GateWorld; 27 February 2005, 10:13 PM. Reason: quote tags fix

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                          Ho Joe! Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated I hear there's gonna be a new general in S9. Any chance we can get a woman general? We need more women military in the show It'd be cool to have one at the top
                          \

Beau Bridges will be playing the role of General Hank Landry.

Comment

Joe,
                            I have no clue as to whether you've been asked before, but In the last few episodes of SG1 where you dropping hints or not for us shippers?
                            I'm just wanting to resolve that......

thanks
                            --Tan

Comment

Joe, level with me here dude, when are we going to see Sam and Jack together finally, after eight years of keeping us guessing are u really going to keep us guessing till the end
                              And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                                You know who's doing the Audio Commentaries for SG-1 Season 8 and Atlantis Season 1?

- No idea who is doing the audio commentaries for either show. They stopped asking the writers years ago and only invite us in if someone else falls through.

And on more thing, when will the U.S. DVDs have the same featurettes as the U.K. DVDs?
                                No idea about the DVD's. That's MGM's department.

Comment

Working...
                                X