Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    Joe - you confirmed that the official SG1 team of S9 is Carter, Mitchell, Teal'c and Daniel.

Based on the fact that you have confirmed that vala will be in all 20 episodes of Stargate SG1 - how many episodes of Stargate SG1 will Carter be in, and

who will be the official SG1 team members for S10 (that is who will be wearing the SG1 patches)?

Thanks for the time.
    Of the SG-1 stories we have broken so far, Carter is in all of them.

As for who the official members of SG-1 will be in season 10 - that's a good question.

Comment

Hi Mr Mallozzi,

I would realy like to know how Shep was able to fly, use the cull beam and fire the dart's weapons without McKay's interface by the end of The Hive? Magic learning ability?

Thanks for your time
      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]Wow...now that I'm downright giddy over a good Sam/Vala "antagonistic" friendship, let me push my good fortune by asking yet another charged question.

As a Carter fan, I fear that I'll see only "all work all the time Carter" now because I sense perhaps you think you went too far with the shippy stuff. But if that's true then that would be as unbalanced as showing just her shippy side all the time.

Is there a chance we'll get to see some small acknowledgements and nods intermingled throughout next season regarding ship while still showing Sam as the brilliant and strong character she is...nothing that would take up whole episodes, but little moments here and there (perhaps with prayed for RDA cameos)?

I ask this because I fear that the plan is to ignore ship for all eternity which would make TPTB look wishywashy for dropping a story you started; and further, it would weaken and devolve Sam by essentially invalidating the emotional journey she took from Grace onwards.

I know you all have lots of great new stories to tell...just please remember there's a whole bunch of us old timers (you know...the ones who incessantly pester you regarding ship) who would really like to experience the payoff from this story arc...(hey, if they could do it for Harm and Mac [JAG]...) And since Jack's not there anymore, what difference would it make to the team or the show or Sam's contribution to either/both if you gave us these moments...or for that matter, if she were to one day have a ring on her finger that just sort of appeared out of nowhere...as long as it doesn't affect her aim?

Sam will continue to play an active role on SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
          Can you give us any hints as to what story/reasons will bring Vala into the main cast fold? I can't see the SGC just randomly offering her a position on SG-1, especially if the pregnancy storyline continues through S10.
          Oh, its definitely not some random offering. But the answer to this is tied to a major revelation early in season 10 so - you'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmrtlofDrknss
            Hey Joe,

I've been thinking about the Wraith alot lately and something just came to mind, with so many Wraith awakening at once and a limited food source (and forgive me if this has been asked already), could we be seeing a Wraith civil war? It would seem to make since with the way things are going and it could definitely prove to have both it's positive and negative effects on the Atlantis team.
            Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. Check out the back half of Atlantis season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
              Since you and the other PTB have already started spinning ideas for season 10, was there talk of making the 200th episode "special"? If yes, was there already discussion of HOW to make it special?
              Yup. We've come up with some pretty crazy ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                Hi Joe,

I've been watching S6 and it's amazing the great job that was done with Daniel Jackson's character, he had left the show but was still writen in many eps, I mean by references and then he guest starred in 3 episodes... and great, great episodes, taking benefit of his presence and making him key in every story.

So, RDA is also gone and his character has been named once (Beachead) he was also a guest star and well, I know that there is the time issue he doesn't have that much availabilty but could it be possible to have his character named more in the show, you did say that although he had left he was still part of the show (haven't seen it though) but overall if he would come back for another guest ep, what would it take to have O'Neill as a key character in a future ep.

How long in advance would you need to have his appearance confirmed to make this happen? I'm scared that if you are already planning the next 10 eps of S10 and there has been no rumors... (except for the IMDB) it will mean that by now you already know that he will not be available for S10 nor for the 200ep...

Thanks again for you time.
                We've just started spinning the 200th episode so its unlikely you would have heard anything about it.

As for a possible RDA appearance in the future - of course its possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                  Joe,

Thanks for answering our questions. In S9, it seemed apparent that the writers were keeping Mitchell and Vala far apart (presumably because of Ben and Claudia's past work history). Will this still be the case in S10? Or will Vala and Mitchell actually get to have interesting scenes together? (Just being in the same scene doesn't count. I want to know if they'll interact in interesting ways.)
                  Vala will get to interact with all of the other team members.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                    Sam will continue to play an active role on SG-1.
                    Thanks for the answer so quickly...and as a Carter fan that's great to hear...but that wasn't what I asked...(my question probably got lost amidst all my yammering...)

My question was WHILE we continue to see Sam in her front burner storyline as an active member of SG-1, could we ALSO see small acknowledgements of ship next year (a line of dialogue here and there) to maintain the continuity of her story (otherwise what was the point )...so in other words show Sam as a balanced individual who can be both Soldier!Sam onscreen while simultaneously living the ship arc behind the scenes?

I know you all have lots of great new stories to tell...just please remember there's a whole bunch of us old timers who would really like to experience the payoff from this story arc...

Thank you kindly,
                    Mary Beth
                    Last edited by Uber; 26 November 2005, 04:42 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                      Brad put the kibosh on the braids. If Brad had his way, Teal'c would still be bald. Actually, if it was up to my wife, he'd still be bald.

Add me to the list.

Okay, a question to make this legitimate. Shoot, I have two, and I have to decide which one to post now. Okay, will we see Daniel doing linguistic or archeological things in upcoming episodes for this and next season? I don't mean the episodes have to be based around that (although, of course, I would like some episodes like that) but even just a few scenes where Daniel explains the similarities of some alien culture to a culture on Earth, or maybe he translates something to either help move the plot along or help solve something. (Bonus points if it's not something in Ancient) One thing I loved about Avalon was seeing Daniel getting excited about the knowledge and discovery aspect of things, which has been missing. So, just want to know if this aspect of his character will have some part in the stories.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Joe,

Is Lexa coming back for S10?

Thank you.

Comment

For the record, Teal'c with hair rocks. And hey, whatever you need to do to keep Chris happy.

My question is about him, coincidentally! Now that Apophis is long dead and the Goa'uld are all but extinct, will we finally find a way to get that symbol of slavery off of Teal'c's head? I can't see why he'd want to wear the sign of his mortal enemy on him any longer, it's like walking around displaying, "I'm a slave!".

...and he doesn't even have a symbiote anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
                            Joe,

Are there any plans to have the Mitchell character actively participate in the story lines of season 10 along with all the other main characters? And will that character have the opportunity to relate directly to and perhaps even form some type of real relationship with any of the other main characters? This time out, will Mitchell actually get to play with the other boys and girls? Right now he seems so lonely standing off in the corner by himself!

Sure. Why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                              Will Rick be making an appearance in episode 200?
                              Too early to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by star47
                                Hi Joe:

I'm so thrilled and excited about Season 10, that I forget sometimes that we still have the 2nd half of Season 9 to look forward to. Can't wait!

I know you guys have started pitching stories, etc, now that you know evryone is coming back. When do you all get into full mode preparation, ie: writing scripts, assigning stories and directors, etc. Do you get much time beforehand to get prepared before the actors show up and you start shooting episodes?
                                Yup. We have three months: November, December, and January to pitch, spin, break, and write.

Comment

Working...
                                X