Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe - I notice that you have been skipping quite a few questions in your last few visits is this a concious decision or are you pressed for time and just skipping around? Do you plan to go back to address some of the skipped questions or will you just continue on from where you left off? Thanks.

Comment

I see that in your blog that there is a new Atlantis opening credits sequence, what about SG-1? And when and where will it/they be used (upcoming episodes on SciFi, syndication, foreign market, DVDs)?
      ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
      Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Hello Joe,

Michael and Claudia did an amazing job in Avalon Part 2 and I'm anxiously awaiting Origin tonight.

I do have one concern regarding Daniel. Since the first half of S9, especially the first 5 eps., will be Daniel-heavy, my fear is that the second half of S9 (i.e. after 4th Horseman) will be Daniel-lite, in an attempt to "even things out".

So, can you allay my fears by letting me know which episodes in the second half of S9 (i.e. after 4th Horseman) will Daniel play a significant role?

SueS

Comment

Will we continue to see situations where Daniel has to use his unique skills like knowledge of mythology and language to help things along or to help solve things? I'm sure there will be times when he has to use a weapon, but after these current episodes will that fall off?
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Joe,

you said something about the Fan-Stargate Openings in your blog latly. which one of those

http://www.dancingborg.co.uk/downloa...sgatlantis.avi
            http://skroberts.shiny-sporks.net/Ne...CreditsSKR.zip
            http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36T3JMKH

did you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
              Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I have a question about timing.

At the beginning of Siege 2, Col. Everett said to Dr. Weir that "General O'Neill sends his compliments...", that the ZPM was being transported up to the Daedalus as he spoke and that they would need to hold off the Wraith until the Daedalus arrived, which would be within 4 days.

But, at the beginning of Avalon, it's been 2 years since Lost City, Landry's moving in at the SGC and they're ABOUT to launch the Daedalus (and they don't seem to be in much of a rush to do so).

Do you see my confusion here? It's fairly clear that the two show's timelines aren't synchonized with each other at the beginning of the season because Siege 3 happens mere minutes after Siege 2 ends...and Avalon takes place several months after Moebius 2 ends (to make it 2 years from Lost City)...but then, how is it that the Daedalus is ABOUT to be launched in Avalon if it was supposedly BEING launched while O'Neill still headed the SGC per Siege 2...unless the Avalon launch is not the first launch? Argh.

I guess my question is...Can you help clear up my considerable confusion??? Furthermore, if/since the timelines for the shows aren't synchronized with each other, when will they be again? I hope my post makes sense...at least to you (I'm still trying to figure it out)...
              Although we've never explicitly stated as much, the SG-1 and Atlantis timelines pretty much run parallel. There is definitely not a two year difference.
              Joe...for slight clarification...I didn't say that the shows were two years apart but that according to the beginning of Avalon 1, it's been 2 years since Lost City...and I guess my question was answered at the beginning of Intruder which apparently moved the SGA timeline up a bit to be synched with SG-1...

As for my current question...I don't want to beat a dead horse...but right now it's just painful watching the intro sequences. They make me want to scream. They suck and they ruin the beginning IMHO. And adding insult to injury, the wormhole in the SG-1 intro is the one from SGA. The whole thing kinda feels like the equivalent of someone saying that the Mona Lisa is just too big of a painting and we need more wall space for ad banners so let's just stick an 8x10 black and white photocopy of it on the wall and hopefully no one will notice... The themes and intros are masterpieces that I and others LOOKED FORWARD TO even after all these years of viewing and are sorely missed.

I know you feel the same way as we fans do...so is there any chance of us seeing our favorite openings again? Who should we picket...I mean, write to get our openings back? (Write. I meant write. I said write, right?)

Thanks as always,
              Mary Beth
              Last edited by Uber; 02 August 2005, 01:23 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                First Atlantis Reconnaisance Team
                F.A.R.T. Sounds dyamic. I'd imagine that you'd then have the Second and Third Atlantis Reconnaisance Teams as well.
                "S.A.R.T. and T.A.R.T. are pinned down! F.A.R.T., their location, now!"
                Personally, I'm more partial to the AR-1 designation, but...

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi, at the Gateworld.net Blog
                Just saw the new Atlantis opening (that's the one minute version). It kicks a**! Gone are the lame/cliche fade up/fade down/fade up/fade down sequences that you see in sooooooo many trailers today. Needless to say, it is a thousand times better than the 10 second opening.
                Sounds good. Would you guys be willing to release in on the Internet at some point, so us fans can share in your joy at good opening credits? Or should we just be content with the fan ones until the DVDs come out (*starts humming 'I'm too Sexy'*)?

Yours in transmogrification,
                The White Knight
                Last edited by White Knight; 29 July 2005, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Was the Arthurian stuff merely a stepping stone to the Ori, or will there be more dealing with this in later episodes?
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Hello Joe,

First of all, I just want to say I'm enjoying the new incarnation of SG-1 so far. The Ori intrigue me.

I'd like to say I'm enjoying SGA, too, but my god, what is happening with McKay's characterization? He's my favorite character, perhaps of any show I've ever watched, but now after watching "Runner" I'm convinced he's become the annoying comic relief guy. It's over-the-top and painful to watch. McKay is damn funny without the broad slapstick, really he is. I really miss the subtleties of his character from last season. Is there a reason for this change in character?

Comment

Joe,

Are we ever going to be "officially" told about why Jack left? This three-part opening never explained why he left--he just upped and sold everything in Colorado Springs and now has a 2nd star.
                      sigpic

Comment

Joe, the first 3 parts of S9 SG1 are both nail biting and fantastic.

How did the writers come up with the concept of the Orii and their link to fire?

Comment

Joe, can you just offer us some reassurance that McKay is going to stop acting like some kind of buffoonish comic relief sometime soon? I know dark and terrible things happen in Trinity, but I'm hoping he's given a little more depth before then, and that he'll continue to have some afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                            Dunno if this has been asked yet...Avalon Part 2 related

In the Making of Feature on Gateworld you mention that Vala's Burning scene is incredibly toned down. Will the non toned down part be shown on DVD or maybe elsewhere?
                            Unless it shows up in a future Special Features, I don't think so. Talk to Ivon Bartok.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                              Hey Joe,

Just a quick question about Atlantis.

Are the folks in Alantis going to start being a little nicer to Hermiod? I mean yeah he's cranky (love the muttering), but so far every major character thats encountered him excluding Weir has been pretty rude. Mckays snapped, Sheppard just stares and asks stupid questions(is he supposed to be naked etc), Caldwell just gives orders knowing its not in the game plan..

I realize that Thor and SG1 have a (for lack of a better way of putting this) personal relationship, but Hermiod doesnt. Would he not just put his foot down and tell them to shove it if they keep this up? Hes not a happy sounding Asgard..
                              A
                              Well, McKay, Sheppard, and Caldwell snap, stare/ask stupid questions, and give orders A LOT, so they're not singling Hermiod out. As for developing a personal relationship - I'm sure they'll warm up to the little grey fellow. Eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
                                I have a question. Do you research Colorado Springs? Like what there is to do there? In the season 7 Episode "Chimera" Carter says that there is no zoo in Colorado Springs. I live in the Springs and I thought that you would like to know that there is a zoo here and in fact it is on Cheyenne Mountain. Just thought you should know.
                                Yes. In fact, I researched the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo for Ripple Effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X