Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe

First of all thanks for responding and taking the time to answer questions
    My question is since you've already answer that Shep & Weir is a possibility does that still mean Shep & Teyla is a possibility too becoming romantically involved ?
    And if I may is Weir & Caldwell a possibility too ?

Thank You

Pam

Comment

Hey Joe.
      Is the story in the episode "Aurora" centered around a certain character or is it more of team orientated episode? And is "Aurora" a stand alone episode involving the ancients or an important episode that adds to the main storyline of the series?

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        Carter really plays no significant role in the show's first 5 episodes, so that would explain why she hasn't been mentioned in any of the spoilers leading up to the show's 9th season. Out of the 15 episodes left, it has been mentioned that she will be playing a major role in Beachhead and 4th Horsemen I and II - which leaves 12 episodes. Since we haven't started writing the last 4 episodes, that leaves 8. She'll be part of an investigation in Ex Deus, part of a search in Babylon, heavy in Ripple Effect, and will be making a significant contribution in Collateral Damage, Ethon, and Stronghold.
        Joe: In reading your entry I have a follow-up (surprise) - your use of the words "part of an investigation", "part of a search", "making a significant contribution", jump out at me: I hope I am expressing my question clearly, Daniel appears to have the vala thing in the first 5-6 eps and the acension thing, Teal'c has the Jaffa thing, Mitchell, well he's new so he has the history building, look at me thing, but Carter . . . since she does not have the command of SG1 to make an arc this season is there a signficant, central and contributing, continuous arc for Carter (for example the history with Jolinar and her abilities from that had great potential) or would you say that all of her stories in S9 are one-offs within the episodes and that she plays a secondary role?

Thanks.
        Last edited by binkpmmc; 23 July 2005, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Speaking of the last four episodes.....

I recall reading a report out of Comic Con that RCC and BW said the S9 finale for SG-1 would definitely be a cliffhanger.

Is that still the case? Is there any contingency for producing an episode that would close out the series if it looks like the chances for renewal may be iffy?

Thanks Joe!
          Last edited by keshou; 24 July 2005, 01:57 PM.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Dear Mr. Mallozzi:

This question was inspired by your blog entry, so you've only yourself to blame. When you’re writing, do you write the scenes consecutively, (i.e., start with teaser and continue straight to the end credits), or jump around? Obviously it’s a collaborative process with brainstorming and outlining, (and editing, and reediting ), but when you’re first writing the actual script, do you sometimes write a scene in the middle that inspires you and then branch forward or backward...and how does writing parallel storylines (A plot/B plot) fit in?

As always, thanks for taking the time to be here. Loved Avalon 1 (still kind of squicked by A2 immolation, but great acting by all) and Atlantis so far!

Comment

So Joe, how come you use Malozzi in the credits (atleast for The Intruder) And Mallozzi here on the forum?

Comment

Joe, saw Avalon 2 on Friday and REALLY like Vala.

I hear Claudia Black's character leaves in a few episdoes - how soon can you bring her back?

Beks.

Comment

Hello Joe,

The 'Burning' at the end of Avalon 2 was incredibly powerful, as was the reaction of Daniel and Vala in the aftermath. It has sometimes been said that SG-1 deals with violence and death on a fairly cartoonish level, so the level of darkness in this scene was certainly different (appropriately so, in my opinion). My question is, how much discussion went on amongst the writers when deciding how far to go? Was it controversial, were there pressures to tone it down, etc? Does it signal a shift towards a more 'adult' approach to violence in SG-1?

Comment

Excellent question Piratejenna? I, too, would like to know the whole process of how tptb decided on this extremely supurb scene. Many kudo's!

Comment

Dear Mr. Mallozzi:

I was wonndering about the character Rodney McKay and I have a question. Rodney has had an amazing amount of growth as a character last season and in his right has shown he can be competent on the field or in dangerous situations, making him an equal and someone that Sheppard can trust to watch his back. In the first two episodes of this season, I noticed McKay seems less sure of himself i.e dropping the gun and his fear of the transporter,Sheppard coming up with solutions more often that he does; almost like how he was in Hide and Seek and less like how he was in the Defiant One and Brotherhood. Will we see Rodney become more comfortable with the dangerous situations he finds himself in for season 2?

Thanks for your time and Im loving season 2 of SGA and s9 of Sg-1 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Hammond retired and is currently serving as an advisor to President Hayes. Will he appear in season 9. I've already answered that question today.
                        Hey, Joe, what I REALLY want to know is...

Did y'all finally give George a love life???

*walks away singing "Give George a Love Life" to the tune of "You Made Me Love You"*
                        Last edited by Gilder; 24 July 2005, 11:19 AM.
                        Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Joe, Avalon 2 was amazing. What was your reactions (and those of the rest of the producers/show runners) when you saw the dallies for this episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                            Just finished watching Avalon Part 2. Can't we PLEASE keep Vala? PLEASE!!!! She and Daniel together practically explode right off the screen. Wow :-)
                            Dana Jeanne
                            *agrees*

I love Vala can we keep her!?!? PLEAAASE JOE!?!?

Comment

that would be so cool!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

hey joe this seems really really early, but are you already figuring out plans for the season of sg1 and atlantis? You probably dont have any episodes figured out but maybe some overall themes and characters that will play a bigger role then they would this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X