Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Hotel in Osaka, Japan

First post here.

Read lots of articles on Gateworld in the past, but never participated in the forums.

Used to be quite the Stargate watcher (Seen all the movies, and vast majority of episodes), but not so much these days. But there was enough "Stargate" in me to make me want to stay at this hotel while traveling in Japan recently.

And I thought others here would get a kick out of it.

I had a one night stopover while transiting Osaka - KIX airport, which is built on a man-made island. A quick train ride (1st stop) from the airport to Rinku Town - brings you to the plaza where the Stargate hotel is. It is a completely walkable area.

When checking in, I mentioned Stargate to the front desk lady, and she had never heard of the movie or TV series !!!

DSC09721_1024.jpg

So you get a room key unlike any I've ever seen before. It's not a plastic card, but this thin cardboard piece which has your name and room # on one side printed and the other side like this. So much for security!

DSC09725_1024.jpg

The hotel check-in is near ground level, but the rooms themselves start at level 29, and go up to 44. There is a restaurant at the top 54th floor - and I had breakfast there.

DSC09722_1024.jpg

My room had a view of a big ferris wheel..which I guess with enough imagination (or sake)...could be an Ori supergate!

DSC09695_1024.jpg

Here's a diagram of the area. If you have a transit through Osaka - KIX, you can easily spend some time walking around.

DSC09709_1024.jpg

Stargate!

DSC09720_1024.jpg

[Just tried to upload a closeup of the hotel bldg - but I've reached my quota. Surely many images online.]

While at my departure gate I snapped this photo of the hotel. It is easily the tallest building in the area. Crazy tall!!

DSC09732_1024.jpg

Enjoy!

Attached Files
Working...
X