Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time traveling for early day Ancients.

Just a thought I had.

I know by the time of the Milky Way and Pegasus gates, DHD computers generally make sure not to go anywhere near solar flares. However I can imagine in the early days when the stargate was still new that the Ancients had lost a few travelers to different points in the time line.

Makes me kind of wonder if the Ancients had set up protocols in the event they end up in the past or future by accident.

Especially would've been an interesting episode of a early day Ancient due to a gate malfunction ending up in modern day very confused by everything and more so how surprised he was seeing how much Ancient technology had advanced in the time he was gone.

I've never heard the Ancients set up the stargate so they don't get near solar flares before.

If that is the case, it might solve the issue I have with solar flare time travel. I mean, the first time, ok, a one in a million chance, SG1 just got lucky. And the second time, it was intentional. Then Shepard gets it by accident. Then the destiny team has it happen like what, three times?

I mean, even twice on accident is stretching it. Consider how large the galaxy is, how long stargates have been around, and how frequently the stargate is used. How many accidental time travelers are there if a single planet that infrequently uses its stargate can happen twice within 10 years?

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
      I've never heard the Ancients set up the stargate so they don't get near solar flares before.

If that is the case, it might solve the issue I have with solar flare time travel. I mean, the first time, ok, a one in a million chance, SG1 just got lucky. And the second time, it was intentional. Then Shepard gets it by accident. Then the destiny team has it happen like what, three times?

I mean, even twice on accident is stretching it. Consider how large the galaxy is, how long stargates have been around, and how frequently the stargate is used. How many accidental time travelers are there if a single planet that infrequently uses its stargate can happen twice within 10 years?
      It's one of the safety protocols that the Ancients built in to avoid time traveling accidents.

It happened for SG-1 because their DHD was home built and not linked up with the rest of the Milky Way galaxy gates. Hence why in the episode '2010' and the film 'Continuum', that they had to purposely find and go through a flare.

The reason I think the Ancients are aware of this side effect in the episode 'Search and Rescue' that Mckay notes that the system isn't supposed to allow the gate to lock in the presence of a flare. But due to a system update, it caused the hiccup of Sheppard jumping to the future.

Thus bringing the case of SGU era stargates. If those are the earliest stargate models then they definitely have lost a few travelers along the way.

Comment

Working...
      X