Pluto TV Sets Launch Date for Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pluto TV Sets Launch Date for Canada

I figured I would post this here in case Canada ends up getting Stargate on their version of Pluto TV.

Paramount’s Pluto TV Sets Launch Date for Canada

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

No offence to you and appreciate you share this here, but lately I'm getting a bit annoyed about the "news" related to Stargate.
    • "Stargate is finally on Amazon Prime": a lot of attention to this, as if it's a major win. Most fans have the episodes on DVD for a long time and we're talking about old Stargate more than 10 years old.
    • "Stargate is now on Pluto tv": a lot of attention to this, as if it's a major win. Most fans have the episodes on DVD for a long time and we're talking about old Stargate more than 10 years old.
    • "Gatecon was a success": yet again a lot of rehashing of old stories, as has been the case for Stargate for the last 10 years. I'm even starting to notice, if you go on Youtube and look at recordings of QA-sessions with Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, ... during conventions: it's a lot of the same stories over and over again.

All this "news" lately related to Stargate is especially starting to show what we DON'T have: a new series, new content, something new to talk about.

Personally, I'm getting fairly frustrated about this.
    Every little detail is put under the magnifying glass and reported as if it's a major event, while it's often really not.

Seems like a lot of effort trying to report anything about Stargate and keep it alive, while the only thing fans want to know now is: willl there be a new series and if so, when?

<end of tantrum rant, sorry >

Comment

I feel you DrMckay.

Though there is so much else exciting going on that I shrug my way past stargate "news" -- which usually is not relevant to my neck of the woods anyway (region-locked or this-is-a-Disney+/Netflix-household).

I think even the game currently in development will never see the light of day. Heck, even the roleplay game has already dropped off the radar as it were.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yep, exactly.

Or we get "news" like "actor A actually auditioned for role B but in the end was cast in role C".
        Those are again little tidbits of "news" which are:
        • again old news, about events taking place more than 10 years ago
        • again news about the actors, which is all well and good, but I want my news to be about Stargate stories, the Stargate universe, the characters, ... But unfortunately those stories have all been told and nothing new to tell unless with a new series

As I posted on here recently: no news about the game at all. The first beta for the 25th birthday: nothing.
        Weekly updates on the youtube channel of Slitherine Games: about a lot of games, but nothing about Stargate.

The RPG: indeed, completely silent, no movement what so ever.
        The Fandemonium books: silent for a year, nothing anymore what so ever.

A new series: nothing from MGM or Amazon.
        On the contrary, as Darren recently shared, Amazon just greenlit a new series for Prime following the Bladerunner movies.
        Looks to me like Amazon has other irons in the fire in the scifi-genre, Stargate isn't relevant it seems.

I'm currently also shifting attention more towards other stuff: the Babylon 5 reboot sounds promising, since at least it involves the original showrunner, definitely keeping an eye on that.

Also curious about that rumored (for a year already, but also very silent the last year) new Battlestar Galactica series which should take place in the same universe as the rebooted last series.

Last week cancelled my Disney+ subscription here. Even the stuff added on there, like the Mandalorian, gets old pretty fast I think.
        Stopped watching after the first season, the "new" aspect was gone after that. Book of Boba Fett, the Marvel series, the other Star Wars series, didn't watch them or stopped watching halfway through the first season.

Especially got Disney+ for the kids, but then when you want to let them watch a Disney movie, there is no Dutch spoken language (believe we're from the same country Falcon Horus ).
        On the other hand, we have those same Disney cartoons on DVD here, released more than 5 years ago, and there you do have Dutch spoken language. So honestly, that whole Disney+, it's a crapshoot in my opinion, not worth the price (which by the way has increased every year already since launching here).

Anyways, back to my book, getting my scifi-fix more from books these days instead of from series or movies. No more streaming subscriptions for me, nothing on them which warrants the price anyways.

The engines of god, by Jack mcDevitt, not a bad book until now. At least with a book I'm not depending on some MGM/Amazon manager deciding half way through the story whether or not it will get cancelled suddenly
        Last edited by DrMckay; 22 September 2022, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
          Especially got Disney+ for the kids, but then when you want to let them watch a Disney movie, there is no Dutch spoken language (believe we're from the same country Falcon Horus ).
          Starts with a B and ends with elgium?

Anywho... we were ... errm... acquiring so much Disney+ original series that we just decided on a subscription. I'm the owner of the Netflix subscription, my sister takes care of the Disney+ one. We share since we're the same household (I live legally together with my sister so we really are the same household).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Starts with a B and ends with elgium?

Lol, something like that

By the way, didn't I read on here somewhere that you're into historical stuff and archeology?

In that case, you should give that book I mentioned a try, The engines of god by Jack mcDevitt.

It's basically about archeology on other planets, with a team of archeologists trying to investigate alien artifacts on other planets and trying to get to a comprehension of their language by trying to find an "alien rosetta stone".

Comment

By the way, didn't I read on here somewhere that you're into historical stuff and archeology?
              I am.

In that case, you should give that book I mentioned a try, The engines of god by Jack mcDevitt.

It's basically about archeology on other planets, with a team of archeologists trying to investigate alien artifacts on other planets and trying to get to a comprehension of their language by trying to find an "alien rosetta stone".
              Interesting.

There, added it to my goodreads want-to-read list.

Must check my e-books excel list when I get home. Might be I have it lying around in my extensive e-book collection (20Gb of e-books gifted to me by an old colleague almost a decade ago).

Comment

Just finished it today, definitely a recommendation, think you'll like it.

Just ordered the second book in the same series today

Comment

Just finished it today, definitely a recommendation, think you'll like it.

Just ordered the second book in the same series today
                  I checked my e-book listings and I seemed to have the entire series in my collection.

Comment

Working...
                  X