Stargate Online Dialing Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Online Dialing Simulator

Hello, does anyone have any good Online DHD Dialing Simulators that dont require download?

Hey! Here's a little something I'm working on as a side-project: https://stargate.tibuntu.fr

You can create an account and add your own planet to the network!

​​​​​​Keep in mind that it might get a bit buggy, as I'm still working on it. ;P
    ​​

Comment

I'm liking that! Only thing that really stuck out to me was it was missing the idling sound after it locked a chevron and was waiting for the next input.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Maybe one thing you could do, is when a known address is dialed, it pops up with a box that says something like you have dialed Chulak or whatever the planet may be. There is a whole list of known addresses here, https://rdanderson.com/stargate/glyphs/index.htm, though some are missing some glyphs.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          I'm liking that! Only thing that really stuck out to me was it was missing the idling sound after it locked a chevron and was waiting for the next input.
          I tried to find a decent sound to play in the background while the gate is active but haven't find any yet ><

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
          Maybe one thing you could do, is when a known address is dialed, it pops up with a box that says something like you have dialed Chulak or whatever the planet may be. There is a whole list of known addresses here, https://rdanderson.com/stargate/glyphs/index.htm, though some are missing some glyphs.
          I added a text wich tells where you current open vortex is leading to! ;P
          Also, there is an address list on the top left corner, showing all the planets registered by users and the few ones I set for a start

Comment

Originally posted by tibononoX View Post
            Hey! Here's a little something I'm working on as a side-project: https://stargate.tibuntu.fr

You can create an account and add your own planet to the network!

​​​​​​Keep in mind that it might get a bit buggy, as I'm still working on it. ;P
            ​​
            WOW!!

Also good thing I'm working from home cause I did not expect that sound.

This is EPIC!!

** is going to dial random planets to see if anyone's home later.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

WOW!!

Also good thing I'm working from home cause I did not expect that sound.

This is EPIC!!

** is going to dial random planets to see if anyone's home later.
              I added a sound slider to prevent such intrusions haha

Glad you enjoy it!

Comment

I only suggested the ones on RDA's site, so if someone makes their own gate address for a planet, they wouldn't accidentally use the one for Chulak or the planet from the episode Red Sky, for example.

If you would like to have an image with a texture similar to the event horizon of the stargate, I have one here that I use for my artwork: https://imgbox.com/8XU7S13O (Since it will save as a different filename, this is the original filename: stargatebackg49.jpg). If you will like to have the version where I used texture effects on it, this is what that would look like: http://imgbox.com/xux3OqTw. I would just need to know the image dimensions. Do keep up the good work with this, because when I did try it, it was fun. The next time I go to use it, I will have to remember not to dial Othala, because that one is an eight symbol gate address.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                  ...I will have to remember not to dial Othala, because that one is an eight symbol gate address.
                  Did you get a busy tone?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Did you get a busy tone?

Comment

Alright so I have completely redone the networking, gates should now sync much better between users (depending on your connection), there will still be bugs but it needs some testing wich is hard to do alone!

https://stargate.tibuntu.fr

Once this will be stable enough I'll work on implementing the different dial modes to includes the roll sound with the DHD, and keep the current one as well. Further on, basic planet customization is planned and potentially a per-planet chat system

I hope you enjoy, thank you!

Comment

DUUUUUDE!! You're awesome!

Comment

That is pretty cool tibononoX!
                          Unfortunately I must be doing something wrong, I click the 6 chevrons for Abydos, then click the red button and get a power-down sound. Am I forgetting something? I tried Firefox and Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by joshk View Post
                            That is pretty cool tibononoX!
                            Unfortunately I must be doing something wrong, I click the 6 chevrons for Abydos, then click the red button and get a power-down sound. Am I forgetting something? I tried Firefox and Chrome.
                            Once you have entered the 6 symbols required to reach a destination, you have to enter the 7th symbol, the Point of Origin of your current planet, to lock the destination and then you will be able to open the wormhole.

I know all this is not that clear for now, I didn't have much time to work on this project lately and I hope I'll be able to get back to it soon, and maybe add some form of interactive tutorial. I still have many things to figure out and to implement!

Hope you guys enjoy it tho, tek'mate!

Comment

Working...
                            X