Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Cast to read an AI written script (Wait...what?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Cast to read an AI written script (Wait...what?)

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

I love this trailer as it definately increased my hype and enthusiasm for more Stargate. Even if this event will be only a fun of AI generated script reading, I can't wait to hear the whole story. And it is so cool how Brad talks about the next SG show that some lines will be there as a promise.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I can't lie, I got super excited when I saw that trailer pop up in my feed! I hadn't been expecting any animation or images, so I got a little too excited thinking it was going to be entirely all animated, so that was a little disappointing that it wasn't in the end. But I'm still so looking forward to this. Just hoping I don't need to sign up to Companion! lol
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        Just hoping I don't need to sign up to Companion! lol
        Euhm, isn't that exactly the point of this exercise, getting people to sign up?
        As far as I can see, it's not publicly accessible for all or free, it's sign-up and pay, with the carrot of "you can try it for free for one month"

Comment

I'm still confused about this. I constantly see this referring to "sign up for a free trial", which seems to indicate there is some way to attend this for free.

I see a lot of options to pay on the companion website, 3 different formula. Each of those includes a free trial period, only 2 of those give access to the premiere.

However, when reading the FAQ's, especially "How do I cancel my membership?" (https://www.thecompanion.app/faqs/), I have no idea if I need to pay anyways, can cancel after the free trial, if I can cancel after the free trial then will I get my money back, ...?

As I understand it, free trial or not, you need to pay for this anyways, right?

Comment

In Soviet Russia the computers program the people. I've got to say I'm simultaneously fascinated and vexed by this. How is this pulled off, I want details on how an AI might learn how to create a narrative, or is it just picking up on the speech patterns of how the characters were written in the different scripts that it scanned? Also are they just going to be scenes or is there going to be a coherent narrative? If the former is the case, was that all done by A.I. or will human clean up whatever randomness the A.I comes up with?

From a philosophical stand point, do we want AIs writing scripts for shows? Imagine if you lived in post scarcity society, where people only had to work maybe 4 hours a week, and robots did all the menial labor. I bet most people will either want to accumulate PH.Ds or follow artistic pursuits, painting, composing, game making, writing both prose and screen plays, for those that are into film production to have plenty of fodder.

Comment

Oh goody. Something else behind a paywall. I wish more things were behind a pay wall. Pay walls are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohmy Desalad View Post
                In Soviet Russia the computers program the people. I've got to say I'm simultaneously fascinated and vexed by this. How is this pulled off, I want details on how an AI might learn how to create a narrative, or is it just picking up on the speech patterns of how the characters were written in the different scripts that it scanned? Also are they just going to be scenes or is there going to be a coherent narrative? If the former is the case, was that all done by A.I. or will human clean up whatever randomness the A.I comes up with?

From a philosophical stand point, do we want AIs writing scripts for shows? Imagine if you lived in post scarcity society, where people only had to work maybe 4 hours a week, and robots did all the menial labor. I bet most people will either want to accumulate PH.Ds or follow artistic pursuits, painting, composing, game making, writing both prose and screen plays, for those that are into film production to have plenty of fodder.
                Great question.

I created the models that were clustered as the 'AI' that created this content.

Each character has at least 2 models associated with them -- 1 for their reaction (in dialog) to screen direction, and 1 for continuing their dialog.

Additionally there's a model for generating screen directions (i.e. 'The stargate is active') trained on the screenplays. And further models for creating screen directions in response to dialog etc.

I put them all together, gave them a setting, and had them churn out interactions and dialog between the characters.

They came up with some amazing things -- but a story direction -- where the characters have an obstacle to overcome is missing in this, like it would be in any other generated text. But I'm working on that

This will never replace a real writer like Brad, which was part of the point of the exercise.

I hope you get a chance to watch! I think we created something really special.
                Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalgeekzy View Post
                  Oh goody. Something else behind a paywall. I wish more things were behind a pay wall. Pay walls are awesome.
                  Yeah paywalls are annoying, almost as annoying as lying thieving frauds on the internet, stealing other people's accounts, and claiming to have accomplished things they didn't do, or having credentials they don't actually have. UGH! This is a testament to how obnoxious the lairs are, because pay walls are actually trying to tempt you out of your cash, and the two still come to a tie!
                  Last edited by Ohmy Desalad; 08 November 2021, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Really enjoyed the readings. It was everything I'd hoped it'd be, with some fantastic lines.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      Really enjoyed the readings. It was everything I'd hoped it'd be, with some fantastic lines.
                      "We must rest"
                      "Or I could read."
                      "We must act like a wormhole."
                      "It's a matter of coordinates."
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

"Or I could read" was just a savage turndown.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X