This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your never going to belive this but...

I went to Washington, DC on Wed. (I got home tonight accually yesterday lol) and stayed at the Pentgon City Riz Cariton (I when with my dad on a bussness trip). It took a while to get some stuff done when we got to the hotel, and I was sitting in a chair by the elevator.

Then, I looked up just as a lady in AF blues got on the elevator and looked at her rank. Lt. Colonel. Funny cause she looked a lot like Sam.

Then I looked at her name tag. Carter I'm not kinding!!!!

Is Stargate real? lol

Sorry about my spelling, its 1:05 AM and I'm dead tried.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

I remember reading on another scifi site a few years ago that the actual USAF currently had 43 Major Carter's and something like 17 Colonel O'Neills in there ranks.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I've heard the idea of Stargate came from leaks of top secret files, so the idea was pitched to make a movie of it so if people heard news about it or anything theyd think wow someones watching to mcuh scifi.

but yeah, dont know if thats true or not. kinda wish it would be then again wish it wouldnt. Great TV isnt always great life.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

The names Carter and O'Neill probably turn up a few times the US military is quite big
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I know but seeing a Lt. Colonel Carter in person who looked a lot like Sam is cool.

I wa wondering what she was doing at the Riz when there were cheater hotels down the street. Two days ago (Thrusday) I was on an elevader going down to hte frist floor when they got off on the 2nd floor and there where a bunch of AF officers and officers from other branches, too. They were having some kind of party or seminar.
          I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Guess we know where our tax dollars are going now. Air Force Lt. Col.'s getting to stay at the Washington Ritz. Not a bad place.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
              I wa wondering what she was doing at the Riz when there were cheater hotels down the street.
              In that case what were you doing in the Riz
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

My cousins last name in O'neill, but he is a pilot for the navy.
                ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

There's a pants compant here in ireland called o'neills.... just though you guy's would like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                    There's a pants compant here in ireland called o'neills.... just though you guy's would like that!!
                    i'd expect a lot of places in Ireland to called O'Neills, even i'm an O'Neill, but i'm not a shop, or in the military

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      Guess we know where our tax dollars are going now. Air Force Lt. Col.'s getting to stay at the Washington Ritz. Not a bad place.
                      Are you implying that Lt. Col. Carter is entitled to a nice hotel room? After all she's done for us?!? ...

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
                      Is Stargate real? lol
                      Two words: Plausible Deniability.

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

That would be cool if Stargate was real. And a little creepy all at the same time. You know with people wanting to enslave Earth and have us worship them in all.
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                          I've heard the idea of Stargate came from leaks of top secret files, so the idea was pitched to make a movie of it so if people heard news about it or anything theyd think wow someones watching to mcuh scifi.
                          That's the plot of Wormhole X-Treme!.

~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                            That would be cool if Stargate was real. And a little creepy all at the same time. You know with people wanting to enslave Earth and have us worship them in all.
                            aren't cult leaders, politicians, and even a lot of actors/actresses like that?

sigpic

Comment

Whoa, thats cool! I would have just walked past her and said "Stargate Command" like I was talking to someone else and see how she reacted.
                              sigpic
                              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                              X