This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Thanks so much! I thought you didn't quite look like above-ground 'goggle boy', so thanks for letting me know who was under that make-up. It was good to see him 'resurrected' in Travellers - he has a really great Wraithy look, deliciously creepy (in a good way!). And yeah, I pay a little TOO much attention to the green guys. It's an obsession.

Thought it was Jeff in Suspicion - thanks for the confirmation.

The dark room fight in Sateda is great. Was it really that dark when you filmed it - or was it blacked out afterwards? In some ways, it's frustrating because I want to see SO much more (I am a greedy ol' bint ), but I appreciate that it's not meant to show more...it's meant to reveal just enough in those brief flashes of light to thrill and to tease - leaving the rest to our wild imaginations (which it does...and I SWEAR goggle boy healed from his wounds. AHA! And Travellers proves it!! )

Interesting detail about the camera. Any difficulties arise using it during the fight sequence? Guess you could get away with that because of it being - ya know - a dark room fight. Otherwise...Wraith running around with cameras strapped on their heads sounds like something straight out of Monty Python. Heh.

The Suspicion fight is excellent! (Hubby just confirmed that, too...only he said it 'rocked'. ) I was not aware that you directed that one, and just want to say that it was beautifully done. The use of movement is just about perfect, especially the overhead shots. A visual treat! From the way Steve takes the bullets, to slapping Teyla down, you really get the feeling that these guys are NOT to be messed with. You did a great job with that. It's that sort of thing I'd like to see more of - would even be great seeing such a fight between two enemy Wraith, actually. THAT would be awesome. All that hair flying around... lol...

Not sure if you're into comics, but just last night I caught up with my Iron Man books (yes, I'm a total geek), and in two issues (#26, 28), there's a couple excellent fight sequences between Mandarin, and Iron Man. The artist on the book (De la Torre) did an excellent job portraying Mandarin's movements during the fight, and the fact that he was sporting a mane of long, flowing white hair just reminded me of what I'd love to see done with the Wraith - heavier on the martial arts, much lighter on the masked goons with stunners. So, I hope we'll get to see more hand-to-hand Wraith combat in the future.

Again - thank you for your time, and your insights. Appreciate it very much!

(Sorry for this being so long - I think I've gotten it all out of my system (so many questions!) - and future posts will be brief!)

das
    Yes, it was pretty dark in the "darkroom" fight....and everytime I fired my stunner, a SPFX flash would go off either blinding Jason of myself, putting us 2 or 3 techniques behind the other guy.....it was a hard one for sure. We just worked well together so it worked out through all the challenges. The little camera on my head was very light and comfortable to fight with.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
      Bam Bam, this is why I need Green. This is April 22nd, and it's not supposed to be like this!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler for size.

That is two feet of snow on my deck, my friends. The huge amount to the right is sitting on my patio table. Two days earlier there was absolutely no snow on the ground.
      I greened you.

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
        Hows life in 2Bams World today!!!!!
        Great thanx....busy....and you?

Comment

Hi BamBam

Do you have a different approach when arranging stunts or fight scenes with the female actors or stunt woman? I mean as opposed to arranging fights and stunts with the men.

Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
            Great thanx....busy....and you?
            Thats good to hear!!!!!

me?? im studying for my Personal Training and Sports Therapy exams at the start of may at the moment..not exciting stuff though

oh i do have a question!

have you ever heard of Master Tylus Quon Do? He's the founder of CCU (Core Combat Unlimited) www.corecombatunlimited.com our martial arts club is hosting a seminar of his in May.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
              Yes, it was pretty dark in the "darkroom" fight....and everytime I fired my stunner, a SPFX flash would go off either blinding Jason of myself, putting us 2 or 3 techniques behind the other guy.....it was a hard one for sure. We just worked well together so it worked out through all the challenges. The little camera on my head was very light and comfortable to fight with.
              Thanks!! I will watch that scene now through even more appreciative eyes! (secretly imagining a wee little camera taped to your head... )

Thank you for your time - have a great one!

das
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                Here on The Wirral in england (next to Liverpool), it's so warm and lovely!! Just rubbing it in!

*Tosses a snowball at Kady. Misses, then tosses another one.* Hmmm, gotta work on my aim.

I greened you.
                Aw, thank you Bam Bam...

Question: What part of Canada are you from?
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

*Tosses a snowball at Kady. Misses, then tosses another one.* Hmmm, gotta work on my aim.

Aw, thank you Bam Bam...

Question: What part of Canada are you from?

*splutters*

you missed kady but hit me in Ireland!!!!!!

ummmmmm snow cone!!!!!!!!

Comment

Will there be any big fight scenes/stunts in Whispers?

Comment

Thanx.....very.....much.
                      Sounds like you're not sure if you should thank me.

What does your name mean......? Forgive my stupidity.
                      It's from an SG-1 ep called Fragile Balance... and it's very naughty, but most people only figure that out when they say it out loud. I blame Peter DeLuise since it was his remark on the commentary that pointed it out to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                        Sounds like you're not sure if you should thank me.

It's from an SG-1 ep called Fragile Balance... and it's very naughty, but most people only figure that out when they say it out loud. I blame Peter DeLuise since it was his remark on the commentary that pointed it out to me.
                        That is terrible, NL!!!! I think I'm gonna call you Patty from now on....
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

That is terrible, NL!!!! I think I'm gonna call you Patty from now on....
                          Hey, I'm naughty, what can I say. And call me Patti if you prefer.

Comment

HAHA...that's hilarious.....dirty, but funny.....

Spoiler:
                            David Hewlett's upcoming role:

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                              *lol* That is hilarious

Lovebar made by natz099
                              My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
                                Thats good to hear!!!!!

me?? im studying for my Personal Training and Sports Therapy exams at the start of may at the moment..not exciting stuff though

oh i do have a question!

have you ever heard of Master Tylus Quon Do? He's the founder of CCU (Core Combat Unlimited) www.corecombatunlimited.com our martial arts club is hosting a seminar of his in May.
                                Nope....never heard of him...sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X