• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
    Okay then, here it is:

Spoiler:

We're wearing the same colors!

I figured. Hey, I like shirts that unbutton themselves!
    Oh dear god!!! *headdesk*

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    That turned out pretty good,of you I mean.....hope that you like it.....ya.....that one button just keeps on popin'!!
    Ah! We don't mind your buttons poppin', love!! *cackles*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
      Oh dear god!!! *headdesk*
      What?

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Wait - you were...Goggle Boy??! We love Goggle Boy... (Or did you only do the dark room fight, with another actor playing the character above ground? I thought the same actor as Goggle Boy was the one in the Travelers fight scene with Larrin. Whoever it was, loved that little foot-flip he did on her...it was bloody cool! But then he died. )

Unfortunately, the poor devil in the warehouse gun fight didn't fair much better, either. Ya know - one thing the Wraith are NOT good at is ducking... (or looking up... )

But back to the dark room fight with Ronon - LOVE that scene! Wraith hand-to-hand fighting scenes are very striking to watch - the flow of their hair and those long coats are a feast for the eyes (Steve's fight scene with Teyla in Suspicion, for instance), but it also enhances the fighter's moves, making the audience feel like we're getting more bang for the buck in those all-too-short fight scenes. Is it all choreographed with such movements (hair/coat, etc) in mind to get the most out of the scene? I wish there was more fighting, and less shooting, especially with the Wraith supposedly being such skilled fighters, and especially with guys like you on the team who can do it all so well!

Thanks again for answering my question. I'm just trying to keep all the men behind the Wraith make-up straight in my head, just so I don't credit the wrong actors for the work done. You've all been great - and we really appreciate how you've brought these characters to life for us. Great job all around!

(for the record, I don't write fan fic or pose action figures in compromising positions. I prefer the more...erm...intellectual...side to the Wraith. And the hair...can't forget the hair... )

das
        Yes....."goggle boy", but only after he entered the dark room to fight. He was another stuntman up to that point until the fight sequence, then it was me doubling him for the fight. You are correct in assuming he was the same guy as in "Travellers". His name is Cody Laudan. In some cases, I design the fight to show off the wardrobe and it's movement.....when possible. In some cases, like the "darkroom fight", we used other "tricks" like a small camera attached to the top of my head for a different point of view. Our Wraith in the "Susupicion" was our regular, "goto" stunt Wraith, Jeff Robinson. That fight was one of my favorites because it was Teyla's first(of many), and I was able to direct that day, just for the fight. Thanx for your interest!!!

Comment

Originally posted by David:) View Post
          Will you be working with Michael Shanks when he makes his guest appearance?........Will he be performing any stunts I mean?
          I am not aware of what that particular script involves.....

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
            Hey Bam Bam:

Do you ever green anyone? I think it would be awesome to get a positive rep point from someone like you. No, that wasn't a shameless hint. Unless you wanted to, I mean. Honest, it was really just a question... really...um...yes...well...heh....

Okay, green would be so cool!!!!
            I don't know how.

Comment

I don't know how.
              You click those little scales at the top right hand corner of the post and it'll let you choose "approve" or "disapprove" and you can leave a comment or not, too. Good luck!

Comment

What is your favourite Stargate Atlantis, or SG1, episode that you have worked on?

Spoiler:
                Reinactment of Midway...

VS.

Comment

Yes....."goggle boy", but only after he entered the dark room to fight. He was another stuntman up to that point until the fight sequence, then it was me doubling him for the fight. You are correct in assuming he was the same guy as in "Travellers". His name is Cody Laudan. In some cases, I design the fight to show off the wardrobe and it's movement.....when possible. In some cases, like the "darkroom fight", we used other "tricks" like a small camera attached to the top of my head for a different point of view. Our Wraith in the "Susupicion" was our regular, "goto" stunt Wraith, Jeff Robinson. That fight was one of my favorites because it was Teyla's first(of many), and I was able to direct that day, just for the fight. Thanx for your interest!!!
                  Thanks so much! I thought you didn't quite look like above-ground 'goggle boy', so thanks for letting me know who was under that make-up. It was good to see him 'resurrected' in Travellers - he has a really great Wraithy look, deliciously creepy (in a good way!). And yeah, I pay a little TOO much attention to the green guys. It's an obsession.

Thought it was Jeff in Suspicion - thanks for the confirmation.

The dark room fight in Sateda is great. Was it really that dark when you filmed it - or was it blacked out afterwards? In some ways, it's frustrating because I want to see SO much more (I am a greedy ol' bint ), but I appreciate that it's not meant to show more...it's meant to reveal just enough in those brief flashes of light to thrill and to tease - leaving the rest to our wild imaginations (which it does...and I SWEAR goggle boy healed from his wounds. AHA! And Travellers proves it!! )

Interesting detail about the camera. Any difficulties arise using it during the fight sequence? Guess you could get away with that because of it being - ya know - a dark room fight. Otherwise...Wraith running around with cameras strapped on their heads sounds like something straight out of Monty Python. Heh.

The Suspicion fight is excellent! (Hubby just confirmed that, too...only he said it 'rocked'. ) I was not aware that you directed that one, and just want to say that it was beautifully done. The use of movement is just about perfect, especially the overhead shots. A visual treat! From the way Steve takes the bullets, to slapping Teyla down, you really get the feeling that these guys are NOT to be messed with. You did a great job with that. It's that sort of thing I'd like to see more of - would even be great seeing such a fight between two enemy Wraith, actually. THAT would be awesome. All that hair flying around... lol...

Not sure if you're into comics, but just last night I caught up with my Iron Man books (yes, I'm a total geek), and in two issues (#26, 28), there's a couple excellent fight sequences between Mandarin, and Iron Man. The artist on the book (De la Torre) did an excellent job portraying Mandarin's movements during the fight, and the fact that he was sporting a mane of long, flowing white hair just reminded me of what I'd love to see done with the Wraith - heavier on the martial arts, much lighter on the masked goons with stunners. So, I hope we'll get to see more hand-to-hand Wraith combat in the future.

Again - thank you for your time, and your insights. Appreciate it very much!

(Sorry for this being so long - I think I've gotten it all out of my system (so many questions!) - and future posts will be brief!)

das
                  Last edited by dasNdanger; 21 April 2008, 10:05 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bam Bam, this is why I need Green. This is April 22nd, and it's not supposed to be like this!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler for size.

That is two feet of snow on my deck, my friends. The huge amount to the right is sitting on my patio table. Two days earlier there was absolutely no snow on the ground.
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                      Bam Bam, this is why I need Green. This is April 22nd, and it's not supposed to be like this!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler for size.

That is two feet of snow on my deck, my friends. The huge amount to the right is sitting on my patio table. Two days earlier there was absolutely no snow on the ground.
                      Here on The Wirral in england (next to Liverpool), it's so warm and lovely!! Just rubbing it in!
                      sigpic

Comment

You click those little scales at the top right hand corner of the post and it'll let you choose "approve" or "disapprove" and you can leave a comment or not, too. Good luck!
                        Thanx.....very.....much.

Comment

What does your name mean......? Forgive my stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                            Okay, why wasn't I told about this sooner?

Sick of you? I find that hard to believe
                            Awwwww......thanx, but it is possible!

Comment

Originally posted by David:) View Post
                              What is your favourite Stargate Atlantis, or SG1, episode that you have worked on?

Spoiler:
                              Reinactment of Midway...

VS.
                              I have a few for different reasons.....Sateda,Missing,Talion(SG1),Broken Ties,Ark of Truth.........that's probably too many to mention I guess....?

Comment

Hows life in 2Bams World today!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X