This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM
    Read above your entry Tel..........please? LOL!!
    I did & edited my entry as soon as I saw it
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      You were the glow in the dark wraith?! Cool.

Did you guys actually have to fight it out in the dark?
      Yes...........and yes we had to fight in the dark!! Along with being very, not completely dark, in that room......every time my "blaster" fired, a practical SPFX spark would go off, previous to the VFX blasts being put in so.....each burst of sparks would just happen to be either directly in my vision or Jason's......as you know with our fight scenes, if you fall behind with one movement, you are lost for the whole fight because of the speed. We were constantly going temporarily blind....first me, then him, then me again, then him......so this was the most challenging fight to perform, for both of us. We were more then prepared to fight at light speed but couldn"t see each other most of the time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
        Was James L a wraith in Sateda, can you give us some tips on his performance if he was?

thanks
        Tel
        No James L. does not appear as a Wraith in any of season 3 thus far.....there is a new actor Wraith in town.....you will see alot of him in the episode, Common Ground. He will blow you away!!

Comment

No James L. does not appear as a Wraith in any of season 3 thus far.....there is a new actor Wraith in town.....you will see alot of him in the episode, Common Ground. He will blow you away!!
          I hope so, James was 'the wraith' for so long, it's hard to imagine Stargate without him
          "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bam
            Thank you very much......you are always very kind.....I remember you from the Vancouver con, and you were kind then!! I appreciate it alot. I appreciate it even more since you liked the part where he fought with me!
            You guys deserve it. You do a fantastic job! I had a great time in Vancouver. Thanks for being a part of it!

That fight scene was amazing. Does it make any difference to how you instruct the actors/actresses if you are actually in the shot? Is there a different approach you take?

Lovebar made by natz099
            My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

First off BamBam (I hope you don't mind me/us calling u that), let me be the upteenth person to congratulate you on the wonderful action sequences. I'm a huge McKay-centric episode person but Seteda has officially become my favourite episode yet. I was just wondering how long did you and Jason spend on the moves this time and espcially the Wraith scene in the warehouse with the gun set-ups. You've really inspired me to pick up martial arts again, espcialy seeing teyla (Chicks doing Martials arts.. we need more of them!)

Oh and thanks heaps for comming down to our little corner of the Earth for the BOBW con in Sydney. Unfortunately I had exams during the con, but I heard good things about it. It's a pity I wasn't able to attend, but hoepfully next time you can do a con in Melbourne, or dare I say Adelaide (Jason's almost home town!)

Comment

Hi BAMBAM, greetings from Hungary (bc there are a lot of Stargate fans in Hungary)! The fight scenes of Sateda were pretty good, you looked great as a Wraith (although I didn't really like the glasses, sorry ), the fight in the dark room was the best and the Wraith "king" was the scariest Wraith yet.

My question is about Progeny (where the Asurans show up):

Spoiler:
                Do you like the new villains and do you have much work with them?
                sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

OMG Sateda was totally awesome the action scenes were top notch! Even my Husband who doesnt usually watch the show was hooked and I am sure will happily watch next week with me! Well done to everyone indeed!!!

Now Common Ground!!! That is certainly one episode that I am counting down the days to, okay that is really every episode but this one I am totally desperate for!!! Now that you have mentioned it in your post I am probably going to be ten times more unbearable!!

I know that patience is a virtue but I really need to see this episode..now
                  Last edited by Sheppard's Delight; 06 August 2006, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Dear Mr B...

My first visit to this thread. I just had to pop in to let you know how blown away I was by the action scenes in Sateda. Amazing job. !!

They were top notch and the last fight between Ronan and the big bad Wraith was outstanding. The whole thing was so realistic. Well done - to you and to Jason.

I'm really looking forward to Common Ground and was wondering if we are going to get some good fight scenes with Joe. I would love to see him in some hand to hand combat with either the Genii or the Wraith.

I hope this hasn't already been asked.

Thanks again.
                    sigpic

Comment

What's the actor's name who plays the wraith?

Comment

Dear James,

Just letting you know that we all enjoyed the stunts in Sateda. It was a pretty kickass ep - and thanks for all the wonderful stunts. It was fantastic to see the final product when you and Dan had talked about it while here in Sydney. I kept thinking of all the poor stunt men possibly getting bruised (though not too much!)

I was rather impressed with Jason's action sequences as well as the superwraith's. Overall a great ep.

I did not know that you had a blog/post thingy here in GW so I am pleasantly surprised to see this and also pleased to see a post by Sonny.

Please tell Dan his Aussie fans say hi if you catch him around. We enjoyed meeting you both when you were here.

Oh and my question:
                        Did you have a cameo in the first SGA ep (No Man's Land)? I thought it looked like you on the Daedalus.

PS, I feel no sorrow for Cliff! Go Wallabies!!!

MC

Comment

Yes...........and yes we had to fight in the dark!! Along with being very, not completely dark, in that room......every time my "blaster" fired, a practical SPFX spark would go off, previous to the VFX blasts being put in so.....each burst of sparks would just happen to be either directly in my vision or Jason's......as you know with our fight scenes, if you fall behind with one movement, you are lost for the whole fight because of the speed. We were constantly going temporarily blind....first me, then him, then me again, then him......so this was the most challenging fight to perform, for both of us. We were more then prepared to fight at light speed but couldn"t see each other most of the time!!!
                          This answers my questions. But I did want to comment on how utterly in awe I was of all the fighting, Jason and of course YOU! Sateda was a marvel of badassness! lol, if that's a word..??.. Thanks for giving us a great show of stunt work! You still rock dude...keep it up..

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus
                            Hi BAMBAM, greetings from Hungary (bc there are a lot of Stargate fans in Hungary)! The fight scenes of Sateda were very good, you looked great as a Wraith (although I didn't really like the glasses, sorry ), the fight in the dark room was the best and the Wraith "king" was the scariest Wraith yet.

My question is about Progeny (where the Asurans show up):

Spoiler:
                            Do you like the new villains and do you have much work with them?
                            The wraith with the glasses on only became me when he entered the dark room.....the previous wraith walking around and stalking with the glasses was an extra named Cody. By the way.....I love your city. I was there in November/December and in Sarvar for most of October/November. Fantastic country. Yes I liked them, the villains in Progeny. I was on set alot for that episode as there is more action than many episodes so yes I worked with everyone alot.
                            Last edited by 2BAM; 07 August 2006, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                              OMG Sateda was totally awesome the action scenes were top notch! Even my Husband who doesnt usually watch the show was hooked and I am sure will happily watch next week with me! Well done to everyone indeed!!!

Now Common Ground!!! That is certainly one episode that I am counting down the days to, okay that is really every episode but this one I am totally desperate for!!! Now that you have mentioned it in your post I am probably going to be ten times more unbearable!!

I know that patience is a virtue but I really need to see this episode..now
                              Thank you for your words of praise. You will love Common Ground.....great story.

Comment

OH, I forgot to let you know that I posted some caps of your scenes on your appreciation thread

Comment

Working...
                                X