This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt. Voronokova
    What are your favorite and/or least favorite types of stunts to coordinate and why?

Hee, sorry to sound like a high school essay question, but I'm fascinated by the overall work you guys do "behind the scenes". Great job on SGA stunts this year, and as always, thanks for your time.

P.S. If you speak to Dan Shea, it's all right if he doesn't do any more "fire" scenes this year, in fact I'd be perfectly happy if he didn't.
    Me + fire = EEP!
    Favorite=anything that looks painful and realistic. Least favorite=cheesy fake looking "stunty" stunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren
      Hey Bambam - thanks for coming out to answer us. What's the best piece of advice you can give for men and women who want to get into stunt work? I know you've had similar questions already, but I was hoping maybe your advice might help kickstart me.

And I'm totally impressed with your work - so much so that I have never been able to introduce myself, even though I've seen you on set a number of times. I admire how you have the different characters have such different combat styles and how you keep them from blurring into each other.

Thanks
      Lauren
      Train. Get into the best physical shape possible. That is the overall best advice that I can give. That is the downfall of alot of stunt performers. They don't stay in shape. They risk injury on a far more regular basis if they are not sharp, and on top of their game. That is just for starters. The list is too long to mention here for full and proper advice.

Comment

Thank you. Your reply is much appreciated and already put into action.

Lauren

Comment

Thank you. Your reply is much appreciated and already put into action.

Lauren
          And feel free to introduce yourself next time you see me on set.

Comment

Heya Bam, nice to see you around again. Believe me, I need the cheering up, and seeing you pop in always makes me smile a little...cheesy I know, but, well, you don't want the explanation, and if you do, I'll provide by PM...

Anyway, any updates on the action with you guys and the fights? I find the details of your gym exploits rather more interesting than the stuff you can't tell us about production...

Oh, and any updates on Chris???

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Hey, Bam!

As I understand it, you helped coordinate the GREAT fighting in Babylon between Cameron and the Sodon who was training him. I had to tell ya, GREAT JOB! It sure looked painful, so I guess it would be some of your favorite stunt work, eh?

Did anyone get hurt (esp Ben) doing any of those fights? It sure looked like they might have!

Comment

Yeah the fighting on the episode babylon was awesome. Did it take long for the fight scene for the actors?
                First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                  And feel free to introduce yourself next time you see me on set.
                  Will do. And thanks again. I swear, shyness will be the death of me.

And I agree with Neelan_Liquor and TAE, nice work on the fight scenes in Babylon. Looked very good.

Lauren

Comment

Hey BamBam,

First off thanks for taking the time answer our questions.....Love the blog by the way....

I've got to say i love the fighting scenes...(i would say that for any fighting scene...I just love watching fights ).....but GREAT JOB!...

The question i've got has to do with the Sheppard/Teyla fighting scene in "Conversion"....was that all Joe, or was it a stunt double?......some friends are trying to figure it out cause it seems as though in some shots he looks different.....not that i'm too sure where a stunt double would be needed there but then again i know nothing about stunt work. ...ok that's all.....

Thanx again....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Just taking a quick peek into the thead to give some positive feedback - everyone involved continues to amaze me with the work they are doing. I'm sure all of you have some tough, long days, but your dedication shows in the final product. We all look forward to what you folks are coming up with in the future!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Bambam...

Just have to compliment you, Rachel and Joe for their awesome fighting scene in Conversion....They look magnificent!
                        Thanks for the great job that you are all doing...and please pass this word along to Rachel and Joe....Keep up the good work!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                          Heya Bam, nice to see you around again. Believe me, I need the cheering up, and seeing you pop in always makes me smile a little...cheesy I know, but, well, you don't want the explanation, and if you do, I'll provide by PM...

Anyway, any updates on the action with you guys and the fights? I find the details of your gym exploits rather more interesting than the stuff you can't tell us about production...

Oh, and any updates on Chris???
                          On Sept.9th, three of the fighters from Franco's destroyed their opponents in MMA matches. Josef, Hardeep, and if I could pronounce or spell his name I would be a king, all won very, very skillfull fights.......with KO's no less. Just amazing fights, the opponents were tough ones as well. Chris has gotten out of the hospital, and is on his way to recovery. I believe he asked his longtime girlfriend, Michelle, to marry him, and only has the future to unfold. p.s. Go ahead and PM me to let me know what is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                            Hey, Bam!

As I understand it, you helped coordinate the GREAT fighting in Babylon between Cameron and the Sodon who was training him. I had to tell ya, GREAT JOB! It sure looked painful, so I guess it would be some of your favorite stunt work, eh?

Did anyone get hurt (esp Ben) doing any of those fights? It sure looked like they might have!
                            Nobody was hurt........and yes, it was my assistant, Dan Rizzuto, and I that put all the Sodan village fights together. Ben did everything himself in the fights sequences, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
                              Yeah the fighting on the episode babylon was awesome. Did it take long for the fight scene for the actors?
                              Did what take long?

Comment

Will do. And thanks again. I swear, shyness will be the death of me.

And I agree with Neelan_Liquor and TAE, nice work on the fight scenes in Babylon. Looked very good.

Lauren
                                Thanx!!

Comment

Working...
                                X