This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAE
    Did you competed in a tournament and won?
    yes.

Comment

Who is the easiest to work with? By that I mean who picks up the moves the quickest?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

How do you become a sunt cordinator?
        First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
          yes.
          I recently competed in NAGA and it was lots of fun even though I didn't place this time (next time I plan to ;-)). Which was you last tournament?

To mods: Can we start a FAQ2B (Frequently Asked Questions to Bamford)? I think some questions are being asked more than once now...

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            Who is the easiest to work with? By that I mean who picks up the moves the quickest?
            Rachel and Jason have had the most training time with me. Everyone picks up different techniques at a different rate. I try to make the fights suit the individuals performing so they all pick up what they need to learn at the same pace.

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
              How do you become a sunt cordinator?
              The first thing to do is learn how to spell stunt................LOL! First become a stuntman/woman...............be involved in or perform almost every stunt there is possible............cover other stunt coordinators a day here and there................learn the book work(breakdowns, budgets.....etc....)...............beg a producer to hire you................that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                I recently competed in NAGA and it was lots of fun even though I didn't place this time (next time I plan to ;-)). Which was you last tournament?

To mods: Can we start a FAQ2B (Frequently Asked Questions to Bamford)? I think some questions are being asked more than once now...
                Judging or competing? Point sparring, full contact, or kata?

Comment

David Hewlett has taken some Tae Kwon Do at one time or another in his life. Rachel only started her training the day we met at the begining of the first season. Jason Momoa has taken a small amount of Kendo, everything else was taught to him upon joining our cast. Paul McGillion was apparently a high level Greco-Roman Wrestler at one time. Joe has trained only for specific sequences in the show. That's about it.
                  Thats very interesting - I didnt think the actors were that skilled
                  Rachel and Jason have had the most training time with me. Everyone picks up different techniques at a different rate. I try to make the fights suit the individuals performing so they all pick up what they need to learn at the same pace.
                  Thanks for answering my question - much appreciated
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

In Duet, when Ronon grabs Teyla by the throat, picks her up, and then slams her down on the mat--was that exactly what happened, or how was it done? Looked pretty painful to me!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Hi again,

Haven't posted here in a while but have been following the thread...thanks for sticking with it

My question is about your training with Jason and Rachel...I was just wondering whether the rather large height difference is at all difficult to work around when you are blocking their fights (I know very little about martial arts) and if so, how you work around it.

I thought their fight in Duet, though brief, looked really great!
                      Last edited by SaharaGate; 10 August 2005, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Judging or competing? Point sparring, full contact, or kata?
                        You seem to like karate! I'm a jiu-jitsu person, but I guess kata is better for actors/people who need to be on TV. Back on task, did you compete in any point sparring/full contact/kata type of tournament and how'd you do?
                        Last edited by Lord You; 10 August 2005, 02:17 PM.

Comment

How do you become a fight chorographer for shows and movies?
                          First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                            In Duet, when Ronon grabs Teyla by the throat, picks her up, and then slams her down on the mat--was that exactly what happened, or how was it done? Looked pretty painful to me!
                            That is exactly what happened. He also swept her legs at the same time with the training sword.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                              Hi again,

Haven't posted here in a while but have been following the thread...thanks for sticking with it

My question is about your training with Jason and Rachel...I was just wondering whether the rather large height difference is at all difficult to work around when you are blocking their fights (I know very little about martial arts) and if so, how you work around it.

I thought their fight in Duet, though brief, looked really great!
                              Differences in size is always a challenge but it is alot of fun to put it together with these two. These actors work very well together. Thank you for the compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                                You seem to like karate! I'm a jiu-jitsu person, but I guess kata is better for actors/people who need to be on TV. Back on task, did you compete in any point sparring/full contact/kata type of tournament and how'd you do?
                                I have competed in all of the above at one time or another. I have done very well..........first places..............won fights.....etc. ...............I have also been knocked out once.....OUCH! I only started with Karate at the age of 12...........since then, I have branched out to various other martial arts that suit my interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X