This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by epiphany
    Oh I agree, I think I said that in one of my previous posts, so I agree.
    You did? I must have missed your post. I'll have to go back and look.

Anyway, I think the mystery of the glasses is solved!

No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
      You did? I must have missed your post. I'll have to go back and look.

Anyway, I think the mystery of the glasses is solved!
      "And that's the end of that chapter"

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
        that would be me as well LtLisa, only I'm -11 in my right and -10 in my left. thank god for contact lenses and good spec lenses. I would be the person bumping into walls or falling in ditches. In fact, if I lived in stone age times a sabre-tooth would have eaten me at the age of 4. Daniel doesn't look too badly sighted, he looks like he needs them for far away vision, or else why wear them?
        Wow - a whole bunch of people who'd run into walls...I got -8 on both eyes AND astigmatism...I have glasses, but I also have these nifty high tech contacts with little incisions in them so that they always stay properly aligned in my eyes....if Daniel's only got astigmatism, he probably also has these expensive lenses in "Summit" - he was lucky not to lose them - they cost more than a pair of glasses!

And of course he needs his glasses to look intelligent - I always wear glasses when I teach, for example - it's like a kind of shield....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

*waves* to those that like me couldn't see the wave without our trusted lenses. I think Daniel has one eye that has a near-sighted astigmatism and one with a far-sighted astigmatism. Hence, sometimes he needs the glasses to prevent strain while reading old books and sometimes to see large faraway items.

I have three pairs of glasses because my eyes are horrid in every way imaginable. And, have been basically told that even with laser surgery I'd still likely have minor reading and far strain because of the eyes having different types of astigmatism.

Perhaps the sarcophogus (and a symbiote) can't "cure" something that is neither an illness or an injury, but is genetically part of the individual?

Anyhow, that's my rationale for it all.....and the glasses are part of the look. One of the things that I love about 2010 is that Daniel still has his glasses -- they are just a totally sleek funky style.
          Grace Under Pressure & Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
          two lj communities celebrating some of scifi's most compelling creations

stargate_women bsg_women

Comment

Originally posted by KingKha
            how bout this also then: why does jack use a p-90, sam uses what looks to be a juiced up mp-5 and there are other teams that use a m-16 or mp5?
            Of what i can remember, they changed Carter's weapon because the ammo used for the P-90's ran a bit short cause of the war in Iraq a year ago.

So they changed Carter's weapon..
            As for Jack's P-90, instead of shooting at everything that is moving, they are now shooting only when it's really needed and if then.. not even that much anymore.

Not sure if i explained this one all right, but it's being mentioned in the Audio Commentaries on the episode "Avenger 2.0" on the DVD
            Teal'c: A serpent guard, a horus guard and a setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The horus guards beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Comment

Originally posted by Apepi
              To Teal'c, soz mate posted that wrong way around it was Micheal Shanks Directing as we know,soz doing this while am working
              So your original post meant to say "and Michael Shanks and Micheal Shanks were doing a round of interviews and this question about the glasses was brought up"?

Originally posted by KingKha
              how bout this also then: why does jack use a p-90, sam uses what looks to be a juiced up mp-5 and there are other teams that use a m-16 or mp5?
              Erm.... where's the inconsistancy?

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                that would be me as well LtLisa, only I'm -11 in my right and -10 in my left. thank god for contact lenses and good spec lenses. I would be the person bumping into walls or falling in ditches. In fact, if I lived in stone age times a sabre-tooth would have eaten me at the age of 4. Daniel doesn't look too badly sighted, he looks like he needs them for far away vision, or else why wear them?
                yup...we'd be dead...and I still bump into walls sometimes!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I would have also liked poor Daniel to get a *new* pair of glasses sometimes...he's been wearing the same style for *seven years* now...I've gone through four pairs in the same time (okay, they DO look pretty much alike apart from my 2010 style black frame , the rest being of the nerdy round metal variety...)

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                  Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                  ~CELLO!~
                  ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                  X