Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend just came up with an amazing idea! (Spoilers for Moebius)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend just came up with an amazing idea! (Spoilers for Moebius)

Ok here's the conversation we had:

yelowcarguy: i just finished watchin sg1
    Sharky277: ok
    Sharky277: questions?
    yelowcarguy: um, not really
    yelowcarguy: like what?
    yelowcarguy: the fish?
    Sharky277: yah
    yelowcarguy: what bout it?
    Sharky277: joe mallozzi, a produced of sg-1 has a ask jmallozzi tread and he answered about it
    yelowcarguy: so, what was supposed to change?
    Sharky277: he said there where always fish in jacks pond but he ws just a lousy fisherman and didn't notice
    Sharky277: nothin is differnt now
    Sharky277: they fixed the timeline
    yelowcarguy: oh, haha
    yelowcarguy: yeah,k
    Sharky277: so they never had to go back, got a zpm and eveything is fine
    yelowcarguy: k
    Sharky277: funny with s/j in the jumper
    yelowcarguy: wait, if they go back in time again, can't they then have 2 zpm's?
    Sharky277: um no
    yelowcarguy: yeah, lol
    yelowcarguy: y not?
    Sharky277: cuz that was on only one
    yelowcarguy: the one from before, and then the other one
    yelowcarguy: cause the rebble forces still had jack's p-90
    yelowcarguy: so technically, they could sorta duplicate em
    Sharky277: well they still had the p90 because jack and everyone on sg-1 but danny where executed
    Sharky277: before the alternate timeline team got there
    yelowcarguy: yeah, and when they went back, they had another one
    Sharky277: its all one timeline with just one zpm as i understand it
    Sharky277: i dun know, would they really wanna **** with time again?
    yelowcarguy: but if u bring it back, then there could be 2, like if danial lived, there would be 2
    yelowcarguy: for another zpm?
    yelowcarguy: hell yeah
    yelowcarguy: but they could probably do it in incriments of 5 min tho
    Sharky277: they would have to go back before they hid the zpm, which would probly alter the future were they wouldnt have the zpm and have to hide it again
    yelowcarguy: 5 min!!!
    Sharky277: i suppose if they carried the zpm with them back again
    yelowcarguy: see?
    yelowcarguy: i win
    Sharky277: theres gotta be some reason y it woulnt work
    yelowcarguy: i say this cause they keep *****in bout how there aren't any zpm's around
    Sharky277: i should post this convo on gateworld
    yelowcarguy: it would
    yelowcarguy: see?
    yelowcarguy: ha!

So they could possibly have infinite ZPM's with the way he's describing it.
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

bump.

Comment

Mmm I'm not sure I got it. Wouldn't they be stealing the same ZMP over and over? At the end they would still have one!

Let me see if I understood you right:

1. No ZPM. Go back in time 5000 years and get it.
      2a. Got 1 ZPM. Present.
      3a. Go back in time 5001 years and get a ZPM.
      2b. They didn't find one 5000 years ago, they had taken it a year ago already. Present.
      3b. Go back in time 5002 years and get 1 ZPM.
      2c. Got 1 ZPM. Present.

It's confusing, but I so was the IM conversation.
      I guess the point is, you can't multiply things playing with time. If there was one ZPM you will end up with one....

If I didn't understand, please explain in your own words what was what you friend said. It's interesting though...

Servatis a periculum. Servatis a maleficum.

Comment

Ok, yah it is confusing but pasically, hes saying if you steal the zpm, take it back with you to the past and steal that one again, and the 2 you now have with you to the past, .....

Theoretically you could have infinite ZPM, all you gotta do is go back like 5 minutes after you steal it to take it again, of course bringing the first one back with you.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Yes, but if you go back 5000 years, then go back 5000 years and 5 minutes, wouldn't the SG-1 from 5 minutes in the past already be there?
          If that made any sence
          So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
          And we never even know we have the key.
          Already Gone---------
          The Eagles-----------

Comment

Well you wouldnt go back 5000yrs and 5mins. More like 5000yrs and 1hr. That way you wouldnt met yourself. After all you already know when ya was out of the way to avoid meeting yourself.

Eventually you will stop aquiring the ZPM. Why? Well Ra had to either find it or bring it to earth. If he found it on earth then ya you can keep going back and getting the ZPM up to the point it was first placed on earth. On the other hand if Ra brought it to earth then it becomes more difficult to keep gettting the ZPM. You would need to know where his ship came fround and broard it on that planet...if that planet had a gate...etc..etc..etc..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
              Ok, yah it is confusing but pasically, hes saying if you steal the zpm, take it back with you to the past and steal that one again, and the 2 you now have with you to the past, .....

Theoretically you could have infinite ZPM, all you gotta do is go back like 5 minutes after you steal it to take it again, of course bringing the first one back with you.

Hope that helps!
              Sam said that they can only make time jumps in increments of a few hundred years, so no five minute jumps.

*Warning* The following statement contains quantum physics talk!*

The problem with having one (or more) quantum copies of the same matter existing outside of their temporal assignment (whatever time they started in) would be that the entropy between them would increase exponentially with every passing second, causing destabilization of all matter outside of it's temporal assignment except for the original, rendering all the ZPMs except the first one useless.

In other words, the first ZPM would be okay, but the rest of them would freak out after a while.

Hope that helped, Sharky.

Comment

I just figured out why it wouldn't work. Remember Jack said Carter wouldn't even let him go back and see the Cubs win the World Series and she said the time machine can't go back just a minutes or even years, it can only go back hundreds and thousands of years. So godbless TPTB for forseeing the infinite ZPM getting and adding that little curve ball.

Comment

Then again, they could go back then foward, back then foward in incriments of thousands, like at point 0 they steal teh zmp, travel ahead 1 thousand years then travel back 1000, but remember the AT SG-1 tried this but ended up 5 years too late, so its not exact and the work involved would be too great and too much of the possibility of not working and/or screwing up the time line again to ever try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quinn
                    Sam said that they can only make time jumps in increments of a few hundred years, so no five minute jumps.

*Warning* The following statement contains quantum physics talk!*

The problem with having one (or more) quantum copies of the same matter existing outside of their temporal assignment (whatever time they started in) would be that the entropy between them would increase exponentially with every passing second, causing destabilization of all matter outside of it's temporal assignment except for the original, rendering all the ZPMs except the first one useless.

In other words, the first ZPM would be okay, but the rest of them would freak out after a while.

Hope that helped, Sharky.
                    O wow, thanks a lot, I was actually thinking of this happening, like in Point of Veiw, but I just didn't know how to say it and didn't know if it even worked in this situation, so thanks a ton!

Comment

Except that new Stargate physics rules clearly protect time travellers from other timelines, even when the events that resulted in their time travelling no longer occur.

for example, see 'Before I Sleep'.

Comment

Originally posted by YodaMate
                        Except that new Stargate physics rules clearly protect time travellers from other timelines, even when the events that resulted in their time travelling no longer occur.

for example, see 'Before I Sleep'.
                        If Old Weir hadn't died, the entropy between her and Young Weir would have increased to a point where Old Weir would have ceased to exist anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X