Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU Casting ,News and Tidbits (Spoilers S1 & 2)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    As to the twitter reference about 'teen drama,' after making an inquiry (which basically, is probably spoilers), yes, it does sound like teen drama.
    Eh, I guess I just don't see it this way at the moment. I mean, looking at the scene in question:

Spoiler:
    Sure it may come across as "Boo hoo, all of my friends weren't really my friends at all." However, the fact is that people use eachother, and something like this happening is definitely not a teen-only occurrence.

I mean, I think anyone of any age group would feel hurt in some way if they found out their friends really didn't like them, and given Chloe's situation (e.g. her father having died recently), I don't blame her in the slightest for even a mildly-melodramatic reaction, which I still don't think the writers would do.

So I guess if having your feelings hurt qualifies as "teen drama", then I'd agree with the actress who made the comment and say that it is. I said it in my last post, but I think context means a lot, and that's not necessarily something a guest star may have cared to learn, especially if they don't want to be there in the first place.

Disclaimer: I don't claim to know more about the show than a guest star who's actually been on set. I guess I'm just remaining optimistic.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      Eh, I guess I just don't see it this way at the moment. I mean, looking at the scene in question:

Spoiler:
      Sure it may come across as "Boo hoo, all of my friends weren't really my friends at all." However, the fact is that people use eachother, and something like this happening is definitely not a teen-only occurrence.

I mean, I think anyone of any age group would feel hurt in some way if they found out their friends really didn't like them, and given Chloe's situation (e.g. her father having died recently), I don't blame her in the slightest for even a mildly-melodramatic reaction, which I still don't think the writers would do.

So I guess if having your feelings hurt qualifies as "teen drama", then I'd agree with the actress who made the comment and say that it is. I said it in my last post, but I think context means a lot, and that's not necessarily something a guest star may have cared to learn, especially if they don't want to be there in the first place.

Disclaimer: I don't claim to know more about the show than a guest star who's actually been on set. I guess I'm just remaining optimistic.
      i agree with you.and if feeling sad and realizing your friends dont actually like is a teen drama thing...then everything in life is a teen drama thing.friends are an important factor in life and i dont care wat age...when they turn out to be fake or betray you...it will frelling hurt you.

Comment

Stargate Universe - Charity Buzz: Charity Auction Lunch on Set of Stargate Universe:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....16&postcount=1
        Last edited by morjana; 11 April 2009, 10:44 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post

Spoiler:

I'm not reading the spoilers, which are based on incomplete sides and definitely subject to interpretation often times they are drafts. I'll just wait until, gee, probably next year before the episode in question airs...

Comment

Looks like there will be interviews. When we see them is another thing...

Some snippets from Twitter, 4/13...

Ivonbartok @DavidBlue Proper sit down interviews this Wed & Thursday... that was just a little on set behind the scenes candy.

Comment

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_12048451

Horoscope: Robert Carlyle

BIRTHDAY GUY: Actor Robert Carlyle was born in Glasgow, Scotland today in 1961. This birthday guy became an international name in the mid 1990's, starring in the hit films "Trainspotting" and "The Full Monty." His success continued with movies such as "The World Is Not Enough," "Ravenous" and "28 Days Later" to his credit. Recently, he starred in the TV movie "24: Redemption" and is slated to star in the upcoming sci-fi spinoff, "Stargate Universe."

Comment

There's a new fansite for Robert Carlyle at

http://sites.google.com/site/robertcarlyleobe/

Comment

Waterkeeper Alliance Earth day Auction;

Own the Premiere Script of Stargate Universe

Description

Includes: Own the Premiere Script of Stargate Universe. In condition as donated, may not be returned or exchanged.

https://auction01.charitybuzz.com/se...&order=default
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                    Waterkeeper Alliance Earth day Auction;

Own the Premiere Script of Stargate Universe

Thank you again, tsaxlady!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Publicity material on SGU at

http://www.syfy.com/Imagine/

Click on PROGRAMMING, to get photo of Robert Carlyle.

Good link for SGU material as no doubt they'll add to it.

Comment

SGU - Ivon Bartok's Twitter Update Apr 14 '09:

Recent updates at Ivon Bartok's Twitter site include:

Interviews cancelled for this week... man, this is going to be an interesting year.

8 minutes ago from web

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU - i09: Alaina Huffman Guest Stars on Smallville season finale:

At i09:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

How Shiny Will Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow Costume Be?

Morning Spoilers...

By Charlie Jane Anders
                          Tue Apr 14 2009

... Smallville:

Guest stars in the season finale will include Impulse (Kyle Gallner) alongside Alaina Huffman as Black Canary.

[Kryptonsite]

http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

~~**~~**

Episode is scheduled to air May 14, 2009

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...ting-call.html

Casting tidbit. Under tag in case you're a spoilerphobe.

Spoiler:
                            [ANNIE BALIC] Female. Mid 20s. Pretty. She has been through a lot emotionally. Has an 8 year old son she is trying to raise, and is struggling to get by. Not too proud to do what she has to to support her family. Strong emotional scenes.sptv050769 GUEST LEAD. POSSIBLY RECURRING. NAMES PREFERRED

Comment

SGU - Hollywood Reporter: 'Stargate Universe' nabs guest stars:

At the Hollywood Reporter:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

'Stargate Universe' nabs guest stars

Sci Fi recruits Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping

By Nellie Andreeva

April 15, 2009, 03:00 AM ET

The Sci Fi Channel has lined up guest stars for its upcoming series "SGU: Stargate Universe."

... Four veterans of the "Stagate" franchise, Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks and Gary Jones, will reprise their roles in guest stints.

.. Grammy-nominted Janelle Monae will play herself and will perform with her band two songs from her latest album, "Many Moons" and "Sincerely."

Carlo Rota will play Carl Strom, head of the International Oversight Advisory, the civilian oversight committee that heads up the Atlantis expedition and all funding.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Grammy-nominted Janelle Monae will play herself and will perform with her band two songs from her latest album, "Many Moons" and "Sincerely."
                                Err wait what?

Comment

Working...
                                X