Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree that this version is better.

really got to pull myself away fro Guitar Hero World Tour now and get my bomber moved forward somewhat. Kinda stalled for the last few days.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
      i agree that this version is better.

really got to pull myself away fro Guitar Hero World Tour now and get my bomber moved forward somewhat. Kinda stalled for the last few days.
      yeah stop slacking and get back to work. chop chop

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        RGB where are you finding the time during this Christmas period...that is under the assumption you celebrate Christmas?
        We put up our tree mid november and I finished my xmas shopping last Sunday so a lot of the pressure is off. The only things I have to deal with is work so I do my modeling later in the evening and on the weekend.

Finger13 - I'm really like where you are going with the design.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
        Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Spoiler:

Here we go then.....

I've decided to go with the two cannon idea plus a conventional bomb bay with 18 not so conventional bombs. the bombs will be the usual Naquadah enhanced type.... the ship can take Nuke and non-Nuke varients.

Spoiler:

the bomber has two different types of airlock. one is a single airlock for ship-to-ship transfer, or base access. the other is a pair of hatches that open outwards and down with a ladder attached to the doors. this ladder extends downwards and enables access to and from the ship from the ground without the use of a mobile stairway.

Comment

We put up our tree mid november and I finished my xmas shopping last Sunday so a lot of the pressure is off. The only things I have to deal with is work so I do my modeling later in the evening and on the weekend.

Finger13 - I'm really like where you are going with the design.

I do mine during work, nobody cares if your the boss. lol

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Here we go then.....

I've decided to go with the two cannon idea plus a conventional bomb bay with 18 not so conventional bombs. the bombs will be the usual Naquadah enhanced type.... the ship can take Nuke and non-Nuke varients.

Spoiler:

the bomber has two different types of airlock. one is a single airlock for ship-to-ship transfer, or base access. the other is a pair of hatches that open outwards and down with a ladder attached to the doors. this ladder extends downwards and enables access to and from the ship from the ground without the use of a mobile stairway.
              Dr Lee, did you by any chance come accross the dimensions of the horizon missile platform?

sigpic

Comment

nope.... all i could see was the screencaps for the episode.

Comment

nope.... all i could see was the screencaps for the episode.
                  Same her, screen cap spam! Designed a bomb on paper at the mo, that will be carried. Would be nice to have put the horizon in giving the vessel higher alt attacks.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                    Same her, screen cap spam! Designed a bomb on paper at the mo, that will be carried. Would be nice to have put the horizon in giving the vessel higher alt attacks.
                    I like the horizon weapon in all but isn't that like a last resort? I mean seriously why would we need to simultaneously blow up 9 locations with separate nuclear bombs at once?
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                      I like the horizon weapon in all but isn't that like a last resort? I mean seriously why would we need to simultaneously blow up 9 locations with separate nuclear bombs at once?
                      I think it was 6 nukes and 4 decoys, but i understand what your saying. Is it best to have the option to carry one on a ship should the need arise?
                      A bomber is not a vessel of peace.

sigpic

Comment

The Horizon is more like pre emptive strike weapon enabling us to destroy a enemy war capabilities in a single strike. In the case of the asurans set them back a couple months.

But I doubt SGC would be happy using it against a conventional human form enemies, where civilians casualties would be unreasonably high. So it unlikely to ever be deployed again in the near future.

Comment

complete and utter pwnage lol

You could replace the gate busters with normal naq. nukes and it will be less of a last resort bomb and more of a cluster naq. bomb.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

turn the horizon into a clusternuke.

Comment

heck, in the ten years that stargate has been on how many times have the team been faced with such drastic odds, the next power hungry enemy could be just round the next turn. An horizon could be fired at a small fleet or altered to carry other loads?!

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm.. If you have seen Iron Man? I think that it should be like that, high orbit separation, and then utter rape of everything under it. Except with mini nukes
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X