Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another small update.

And a comparison of my 3 Ancient ships.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

wow, detailing is really good so far.
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

Slowly getting there one polygon at a time.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

lol

Hows the bigger one coming along? (cruiser?)
          sigpic

Comment

442 - I assume ryan is working away on his holoship pretty much all the time rather than his lantean cruiser. Would be nice to see a fleet shot after this challenge though.

sigpic

Comment

well I would say what about making a fleet challenge, instead of just on ship a small fleet would be required.

Though a bit more time would be needed. And a limit should be put on how much previously used ships (for chalenges) can be used in such a fleet.

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Well everyone who enters a challenge, who builds a vessel usually has a style to their ships; so all their ships have a fleet feel.

trying to render a huge fleet is a problem though...lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                  Well everyone who enters a challenge, who builds a vessel usually has a style to their ships; so all their ships have a fleet feel.

trying to render a huge fleet is a problem though...lol
                  as for rendering a huge fleet, I have no idea if its hard or not

that's why I think a fleet could be good, and since you need more space and cannot see the detailes so well, it can be done I think.

with atleast

fighter
                  destroyer
                  cruiser
                  battlecruiser
                  battleship
                  dreadnaught
                  (super) carrier
                  flagship

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

It would be a good tenth challenge. Celebrating the double figures of challenges and all. But it would take a long time to do.
                    sigpic

Comment

well I see Dr Lee lurking...

Rob - How long would it take you to set up and render a multiple ship image of 4 or more. computer speed etc.

sigpic

Comment

My computer? Never damn thing would either explode in my face or a little white flag would pop out the top and start waving at me.

Best thing for me to do would be to build each ship separately then transfer to my bro's computer and render them all in one shot there...

I rendered and Eight model image on his computer a couple of days ago.....free of problems... and while i was working on a different file at the same time.... (Irritatingly Imageshack won't let me upload the image, so i can't show yolu the level of detail it had )

So i guess I could join in with a challenge like that one.... depending on how many already build ships we could use...

Going back to the current challenge... my schedule between now and the end date is quite full (My 25th tomorrow..... a Stag night and Two Weddings between now and then) dunno just how much i can actually do on the ship that could be worthwhile, modelling wise...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                          lol

Hows the bigger one coming along? (cruiser?)
                          It's on hold till the end of the month. I want to make sure I have lots of time to finish the ones for this contest.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          So i guess I could join in with a challenge like that one.... depending on how many already build ships we could use...
                          Or make it into a background contest that would be on going till the end of the year. So you can still have monthly contests but that one would run in the background till December where it becomes the main one for people to finish.

Comment

RJB- I quite like that idea.... maybe have it so we have to include the ships we've submitted for the other challenges we've taken part in...plus some new ones.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                              RJB- I quite like that idea.... maybe have it so we have to include the ships we've submitted for the other challenges we've taken part in...plus some new ones.
                              Or do it so that for X number of new ones made for the challenge you can add 1 exiting one?

Comment

thats what I suggested too.

Personally I think a max of 3 or 4, after all, new ones are most fun to see.

So we could call this the Half Year Contest.

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X