Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do they not ever use Felger's Cannon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felgers weapon was completed just it didnt work and caused a power failure in the SGC.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
    Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
    the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
    Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Ah right, been a while since I have seen it. Anyway it was an 'in theory weapon' then but did not work in practice. It would have been Earths first combat deployed energy weapon but alas it was not to be.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
        And as I remember it, Felgers weapon was never completed. It was all in theory.
        I really wish people would look at a dictionary once in a while.

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
        Anyway it was an 'in theory weapon' then but did not work in practice.
        I'm going to stop you now, before you misuse that word again.

The definition of Theory:
        Originally posted by Princeton University
        a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena; "theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"; "true in fact and theory"
        The correct term to use would have been Hypothesis:
        Originally posted by Princeton University
        a tentative theory about the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"; "he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"
        Felger's pulsed plasma cannon was a prototype, which means it was the first one built, and it had alot of bugs to be worked out. The military wouldn't have given him their money or time if they didn't think his hypothesis was worth investigation.
        Of course that doesn't mean he was successful; our technological level is a huge hurdle to overcome when it comes to building stuff like his cannon. If we haven't got it now, then we're still waiting for technology to catch up so we can build it.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
          You were right in the first place, Felgers weapon was ment to replace the missiles on the F302...
          Go get your DVD and watch the episode. I may not be perfect on my speculation, but I have almost all of the Stargate Episodes memorized.

Carter quotes it directly, like I said.

Here is a direct copy paste from the Gateworld Transcript of the episode:

CARTER: "It's an energy-based weapon, sir. It could, potentially, replace the missiles on the X-303."
          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

well we dont have that, or any other energy weapon for that matter.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Some various lines from Avenger 2.0:

Originally posted by Avenger 2.0
              FELGER: Don't touch! Don't touch, please. This is a finely calibrated device. It fires a focused plasma pulse.
              CARTER: It's an energy-based weapon, sir. It could, potentially, replace the missiles on the X-303.

O'NEILL: Phaser?

CHLOE: More like a photon torpedo.
              FELGER: This is all based on a Goa'uld design.
              FELGER: No—no—no, please, General, this was just a minor glitch. A minor glitch. I mean, we are so close to a working prototype—
              That's pretty much everything in the dialog I could find.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

well power up seemed good, discharge seemed a little destructive, i was suprised they were standing so close
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

jarnin, there was no need for the post about how people use words, that is rather rude, you knwo what he ment, so who cares

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                    I really wish people would look at a dictionary once in a while.
                    A poor choice of words on my part then if you are going to be so upset about it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by startrekker
                      In the SG-1 Episode Avenger 2.0 Felger showed O'Neill and Carter an plasma weapon akin to a phaser the was based on a Goa'uld designed staff cannon. THe weapon blew the fuses all over the SGC.

That does not mean the the weapon does not work, it just means that the weapon took too much power the the fuses could take. This happens when you chain too many Christmas lights. And judging by the fact the the piece of metal that Felger was going to shoot at was pretty beat up leads me to thing that the weapon had at least once been fired successfully.

What does anyone else think why it has never been seen since?
                      yes it dus

Comment

Originally posted by startrekker
                        In the SG-1 Episode Avenger 2.0 Felger showed O'Neill and Carter an plasma weapon akin to a phaser the was based on a Goa'uld designed staff cannon. THe weapon blew the fuses all over the SGC.

That does not mean the the weapon does not work, it just means that the weapon took too much power the the fuses could take. This happens when you chain too many Christmas lights. And judging by the fact the the piece of metal that Felger was going to shoot at was pretty beat up leads me to thing that the weapon had at least once been fired successfully.

What does anyone else think why it has never been seen since?
                        Maybe because it didn't work
                        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

As far as I can tell the only reason the device was introduced was because they needed something to make Felger look like a complete dope. It will most likely have no long lasting effect on the show. Just as Avenger 2.0 won't.

Comment

Working...
                          X