Lenght: 603 m
    Width: 198 m
    Height: 53 m

Weapons:

Defensive:
    12 'rapier' improved free electron lasers on 360 by 180 degree mountings
    8 batteries of 5 50 mm railguns

Offensive:
    41 oversized 'Vengeance' missile pods each containing 36 missiles with either high explosive or 30 kiloton nuclear warheads
    8 single tubes for 10,000 megaton naquida enhanced nuclear torpedoes
    1 400 m long magnetic accelerator for firing 40 ton(40,000 kg) depleted uranium rounds at 100, 000 km per second

Other systems
    Asgard shields
    Asgard transporters
    First generation Terran plasma reactor ( a big fusion reactor using a mix of heavy hydrogen and helium)
    12 mark 3 naquida generators as backups

Crew
    Colonel Douglas Whitcomb c/o
    105 gunners
    72 pilots
    89 engineers
    2 Asgard
    12 bridge crew
    200 marines

Support craft/vehicles
    4 squadrons of 12 f-203’s
    15 20 person life boats
    20 Hum-Vee’s
    6 Bradley ACP’S
    4 M1A1 tanks
    9 Malps

History
    Came out of dry dock at Area 53 ( a new ship buliding bunker complex in the rockie mountains) on July 4 2007 .Proceeded on routine shake down and space trials out in orbit around Jupiter. Recalled for installation of rapier lasers form area (51 AKA dreamland) on August 1 2007. Colonel Whitcomb commanded the ship out to Orion’s belt to lead an attack on a single Ori battle ship which had come through the supergate before it was descovered .It was discovered by a jaffa transport on it's way to chulak). The ship jumped in on the ori vessel from behind. The vanguards primary mega-railgun fired and the impact caused the Ori shields to flicker. Whitcomb ordered a full broad side of missiles as the ship passed adminships of the ori vessel. The impact of 1476 missiles ,72 of them nuclear tipped on an area of the size of a football pitch brought down the shields and the Vanguard fired its primary mega-railgun again causing massive damage to the Ori ship . the the defensive weapon opened fir and the ori ship vented atmosphere and fractured under the emense gravational stress .Colonel Whitcomb then proceeded to assist in the battle over Chulak

N.B. the 8 huge nukes were not supplied during the battle but were transferred from the odyssey which met the Vanguard coming back from repairs and refit at earth
    Last edited by hotshotalpha1; 04 June 2006, 07:43 AM.

I call it the X-309 Designed to go through the gate. Not done yet and I'll post the specs later.
    Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
    I shot him...

in the leg...
    I'm invulnerable!
    Spoiler:
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
    http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

There's already a thread for this stuff. Here:http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25173

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

lol, i beleive he has seen that thread, evidence by the format he used, could a mod or an admin of the forums move this post into the original ship design thread?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

oh yeah and to the op

that is one, a a little bit of a fanwank, and 2, the stroy makes no sense, you're saying the power of one of these ships can take out a single ori toilet class? and the armada in camelot couldnt even make the sheild of the other 3 "flicker"

please, change the storyline, if you want to make it a anti-ori ship make it uber and 20 years from now....or do what me and railk did with the Odeadakus, have it one VERY expensive ship, has combined techs of all the "milky way alliance"(jaffa, asgard, tauri)....so yeah......

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Can I just say... SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. Function is provided for a reason.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

As much as i like the X-309 design, i have to say!!!! LOOK AROUND! i can name half a dozen ten page threads on ship design; that design is pretty fanwank ui have to admit but he right, you clearly know the pre established format of psoting ships, so therefore you have just create a thread to post you own design...WHY?!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

A tread with over37 pages is unwieldy and hard to navigate and reply probably

I apologise for any inconvenience and harm done

Also to the person who doesn’t believe that 2160 kiloton blast coupled with nearly 1500 missile wouldn’t do serious damage is of there rocker

Comment

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1
                  A tread with over37 pages is unwieldy and hard to navigate and reply probably

I apologise for any inconvenience and harm done

Also to the person who doesn’t believe that 2160 kiloton blast coupled with nearly 1500 missile wouldn’t do serious damage is of there rocker
                  things called shield powered by an unknow energy source which is mostly likely close in terms of power to a ZPM. A powerful shield generator with a ton of power would probalby stand up to any thing the earth forces could throw at it.
                  Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
                  I shot him...

in the leg...
                  I'm invulnerable!
                  Spoiler:
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
                  http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

the armada in camalot must of only fired around 100 30 mm railgun rounds 12-16 plasma blasts against 3 ori ships . also concentrated fie on a particular point on 1 ship may cause the sheilds to overload . Also no nukes were fired in camalot the Vanguard fired 72!!!

Comment

actually both earth ships fired several volleys of missiles (presumable naqadria nukes) in the the first ori wave, as well as rail gun fire...no damage done
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by hotshotalpha1
                        Class: BC-X-311-01
                        Type: Heavy battleship (experimental)
                        Name of ship: USS Vanguard

Lenght: 603 m
                        Width: 198 m
                        Height: 53 m

Weapons:

Defensive:
                        12 'rapier' improved free electron lasers on 360 by 180 degree mountings
                        8 batteries of 5 50 mm railguns

Offensive:
                        41 oversized 'Vengeance' missile pods each containing 36 missiles with either high explosive or 30 kiloton nuclear warheads
                        8 single tubes for 10,000 megaton naquida enhanced nuclear torpedoes
                        1 400 m long magnetic accelerator for firing 40 ton(40,000 kg) depleted uranium rounds at 100, 000 km per second

Other systems
                        Asgard shields
                        Asgard transporters
                        First generation Terran plasma reactor ( a big fusion reactor using a mix of heavy hydrogen and helium)
                        12 mark 3 naquida generators as backups

Crew
                        Colonel Douglas Whitcomb c/o
                        105 gunners
                        72 pilots
                        89 engineers
                        2 Asgard
                        12 bridge crew
                        200 marines

Support craft/vehicles
                        4 squadrons of 12 f-203’s
                        15 20 person life boats
                        20 Hum-Vee’s
                        6 Bradley ACP’S
                        4 M1A1 tanks
                        9 Malps

History
                        Came out of dry dock at Area 53 ( a new ship buliding bunker complex in the rockie mountains) on July 4 2007 .Proceeded on routine shake down and space trials out in orbit around Jupiter. Recalled for installation of rapier lasers form area (51 AKA dreamland) on August 1 2007. Colonel Whitcomb commanded the ship out to Orion’s belt to lead an attack on a single Ori battle ship which had come through the supergate before it was descovered .It was discovered by a jaffa transport on it's way to chulak). The ship jumped in on the ori vessel from behind. The vanguards primary mega-railgun fired and the impact caused the Ori shields to flicker. Whitcomb ordered a full broad side of missiles as the ship passed adminships of the ori vessel. The impact of 1476 missiles ,72 of them nuclear tipped on an area of the size of a football pitch brought down the shields and the Vanguard fired its primary mega-railgun again causing massive damage to the Ori ship . the the defensive weapon opened fir and the ori ship vented atmosphere and fractured under the emense gravational stress .Colonel Whitcomb then proceeded to assist in the battle over Chulak

N.B. the 8 huge nukes were not supplied during the battle but were transferred from the odyssey which met the Vanguard coming back from repairs and refit at earth
                        lol fanwank

Comment

yeah i think that basicly sums that ship up.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Its not even just a fanwank, its some form of uber fanwanking session.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

kk, the ships got off more then 100 rail gun rounds lol and more then 12-16 hat'ak disruptor shots, rail gun mags are standard at 10k, but that was when they're on atlantis, on a 304 im guessing 100k rounds, and several hundred shots were probaly fired by the hat'aks...anywho, that, added on with the nukes would most likely compare to 10,000+ kilitons

now, hotshotalpha, it seems like you know nothing what so ever about stargate, and in my vocab you are a n00b to the stargate universe, please, no one reply to this thread anymore, the ship is a fanwank unless you 1. add more years onto the timeline 2. change the design/specs or 3. change the development(races, tech, etc)
                              Last edited by mburrows; 04 June 2006, 09:57 PM.

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Working...
                              X