X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother
    We really don't know what we're using.
    The Serrakin gave the SGC one of their ion engines to study back in season 7. It usually takes a while for technology to go from research to applied, so you can probably expect to see something of it in the near future, if the writers decide to do anything with the Serrakin again.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I didn't know where to post it, but the ejecta propelled out from the Ori warships' engines is actually visible in space, as it turns out as grey plumes of some sort of smoke. By memory, that's the first time I've seen this in the whole Stargate (not counting damaged ships of course).
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Thats from burning unbelievers...joke.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
        Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
        the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
        Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
          Venting HEAT?
          The ship generates gas, which is then used to push ships along in space.
          Generates gas? It carries it along with it not generates.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
            The Serrakin gave the SGC one of their ion engines to study back in season 7. It usually takes a while for technology to go from research to applied, so you can probably expect to see something of it in the near future, if the writers decide to do anything with the Serrakin again.
            Yes it usually does take a while for the SGC to reverse engineer some alien tech. But we already have ion drives for spacecraft we just dont know how to propell it to give us good acceleration. So just by looking over schematics of one of the Serrakins ion drives im fairly certain that they could have gotten a good idea of how to do it but with a complete ion drive that was given to them they could reverse engineer it in no time.

They very may well be using a reversed engineered serrakin ion drive. We dont know that they arent. But the propulsion on the 303, 304 and even the 302's in space look very similair to a Serrakin ion drive.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that most likely not only did they give us the ion drives but probably the blueprints and theory and such behind the technology as well. I wonder what we gave them...

Comment

every ship make toxic fumes dosnt matter what u use u make them so u need to get rid of it somhow even tho the Gould n asguard etc use a powersource they must use some sort of fuel to power it dunno if im correct tho correct me if im wroung
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_5rq5DiN6o/[Ori Trailer]
                http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3435/myaniqy9.gif

Comment

Yeah, you're pretty much wrong. Sorry. Example, the space shuttle main engines burn liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen.
                  2x(H2) + O2 = 2(H2O)
                  E.g. Water is their exhaust. Also since we have no idea what neutrino ion generators are or how they work, we can't begin to speculate if they have any sort of toxic waste but even if it was, it probably wouldn't be exhausted out the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                    I'm pretty sure that most likely not only did they give us the ion drives but probably the blueprints and theory and such behind the technology as well. I wonder what we gave them...
                    Naquadah generators maybe?

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

That's probably a really good guess, actually.

We need more relationships like that with races that are roughly equal to our level of tech such that they have new stuff they can offer us but we're ahead of them in other areas to offer them. Honestly, you'd think that since they're one of the only advanced races we've met that AREN'T snobby towards us, they'd end up being our new best friend out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X