Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
    Use that Puddlejumer in the hanger that one time on the Daedalus. Scale the jmper to humans, and the Daedalus to the jumper.
    you wouldn't happen to know what episode that occurred in?
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

...I thought I said that the person's estimate of carter's height was suspect-he said she was 6 feet in the space suit (she had to have been about 7 feet-which is actually a major difference in this case.)
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
        ...I thought I said that the person's estimate of carter's height was suspect-he said she was 6 feet in the space suit (she had to have been about 7 feet-which is actually a major difference in this case.)
        Wait . . . if the space suit is seven feet then the scaling for the rest of he ship would increase, not decrease. At the front of the ship it is 6 X 2.66, for the new scaling it would be 7ft X 2.66 making the height at that part of the ship would not be 16 feet it would be 18.62 feet.
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Ok I re-did the scaling with 7ft Sam

Scaling for the Odyssey:

Height front: 148ft (50 meters)
          Length total: 1746ft (582 meters)
          Height back: 259ft (86 Meters)
          Width back w/o Hangers: 648ft (216 meters)
          Width back w/ Hangers: 1165ft (388 meters)
          Width front: 180ft (60 meters)

Note: in the original the height at the front is not 10x it's 8x sorry
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

When is the next demo due?
            McKay:...ZedPM
            O'Neill: Zed?
            Jackson: He's Canadian
            O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Anyway... the demo will be released at the end of page 82 (when it's achieved.) Since it will be the -ONLY- other demo for the game that there will be (as I became so flustered with all of the versions I released for the beta game that I accidentally put a demo into the 'final' file, and distributed it... Took a day for someone to mention it).

Infact, the only reason there is going to be another demo is because of the drastic changes between the two.
              You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
                Anywho, for the FINAL scalling on Atlantis, I will ust the Citricia picture (edited from Shane Benson's Atlantis Model), and select sceencaps from 'The Siege part 3'.

Actually, that is wrong. Atlantis is just over 2 miles long NOT 11.9. I believe it was discussed early on in THIS thread.
                Where did you get the info that the Daedalus landed on that tiny bit on Atlantis? It landed BETWEEN 2 piers not in the top corner of 1. I know where the east pier is. It's the one in the photo below.
                http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9...ectionsyn3.jpg

It's accurate because it's from "The Eye" where they said a wave was coming to Atlantis from the WEST and in the background monitors (which I studied closely during the ep) show a wave coming from the end I marked as West so the Daedalus landed between the E and NE piers.

Plus, more proof of the sizing:
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...allies176.html
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...allies177.html
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...allies178.html

That's a Wraith transport ship landing on Atlantis in the near the SAME pointed things which the Daedalus landed by and we all know a Wraith transport is a LOT smaller than the Daedalus (sizing got from the apparent size of the F-302's escourting it) and we've seen them leave the Daedalus before disproves the fact that the Daedalus landed in that little tiny bit like in the image above BUT between the E and NE piers.

Sorry to argue with you but I hate to see a lot of people start believing Atlantis is 12 miles long.

Also, incase anybody is confused, the East pier of Atlantis on the blueprint image that was posted above is the one at the bottom of the image.

Thanks,
                AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                  Actually, that is wrong. Atlantis is just over 2 miles long NOT 11.9. I believe it was discussed early on in THIS thread.
                  Where did you get the info that the Daedalus landed on that tiny bit on Atlantis? It landed BETWEEN 2 piers not in the top corner of 1. I know where the east pier is. It's the one in the photo below.
                  http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9...ectionsyn3.jpg

It's accurate because it's from "The Eye" where they said a wave was coming to Atlantis from the WEST and in the background monitors (which I studied closely during the ep) show a wave coming from the end I marked as West so the Daedalus landed between the E and NE piers.

Plus, more proof of the sizing:
                  http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...allies176.html
                  http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...allies177.html
                  http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...allies178.html

That's a Wraith transport ship landing on Atlantis in the near the SAME pointed things which the Daedalus landed by and we all know a Wraith transport is a LOT smaller than the Daedalus (sizing got from the apparent size of the F-302's escourting it) and we've seen them leave the Daedalus before disproves the fact that the Daedalus landed in that little tiny bit like in the image above BUT between the E and NE piers.

Sorry to argue with you but I hate to see a lot of people start believing Atlantis is 12 miles long.

Also, incase anybody is confused, the East pier of Atlantis on the blueprint image that was posted above is the one at the bottom of the image.

Thanks,
                  AGT58
                  if that is true then this is what you say...

The west side pier looks like two "big honkin space guns"
                  Last edited by Ancient665; 20 November 2006, 06:31 PM.

Comment

also tell me where you got just above two miles as its size?, did they say that in the show?, or did you guess?

and where did it say that was the west pier?

Comment

Post #1 for Ancient665: Yes, those designations are correct but no to weapons question, those are just skyscrapers on the west pier, the drone bays are on the 3 skinnier ones but it's entirely possible that there are weapons on the other ones.

Post #2 for Ancient665: Someone, somehow made a scale of Atlantis based on an episode shot somewhere around page 5 of this thread and it was given as 2 miles long, 2 miles wide and about 1982 ft high (not counting the bottom half). The W pier thing was stated in "The Eye" and in the episode they show a graphic of a wave approaching the section I designated "West". I couldn't find a screenshot that shows it but I watched the episode recently to be sure.

Thanks,
                      AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                        Post #1 for Ancient665: Yes, those designations are correct but not, those are just skyscrapers on the west pier, the drone bays are on the 3 skinnier ones but it's entirely possible that there are weapons on the other ones.

Post #2 for Ancient665: Someone, somehow made a scale of Atlantis based on an episode shot somewhere around page 5 of this thread and it was given as 2 miles long, 2 miles wide and about 1982 ft high (not counting the bottom half). The W pier thing was stated in "The Eye" and in the episode they show a graphic of a wave approaching the section I designated "West". I couldn't find a screenshot that shows it but I watched the episode recently to be sure.

Thanks,
                        AGT58
                        it would be tight if they were weapons (after all you need more then one weapon on your flagship--assuming that atlantis was the ancients flagship, im sure it was! )

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          you wouldn't happen to know what episode that occurred in?
                          No I don't. It was the only one where the Daedalus carried a Puddle Jumper.
                          Can't remember which episode.

I am pretty sure it was Seteda though, but havn't found an image of it yet.
                          Last edited by An-Alteran; 20 November 2006, 09:39 PM.

Comment

No I don't. It was the only one where the Daedalus carried a Puddle Jumper.
                            Can't remember which episode.

I am pretty sure it was Seteda though, but havn't found an image of it yet.
                            the Deadalus carried it twice that i know of. the one were ford dies(for now) and sheppard excapes from the hives and forces them to fire on eachother i thinkit was called "The Hive"and "Seteda".

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient665 View Post
                              the Deadalus carried it twice that i know of. the one were ford dies(for now) and sheppard excapes from the hives and forces them to fire on eachother i thinkit was called "The Hive"and "Seteda".
                              Sateda is the one with Ronin being forced to be a runner again by that king Wraith, in Season 3.

And the One with Shepherd and the Hives, he was in a Dart, not a PJ.

Comment

Sateda is the one with Ronin being forced to be a runner again by that king Wraith, in Season 3.

And the One with Shepherd and the Hives, he was in a Dart, not a PJ.
                                the part, the deadlus sends a scout out(a PJ) to keep an eye on the hive's!!!

dont question me im right

Comment

Working...
                                X