No announcement yet.

Earths ships; past,present and future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ultimate dream ship, a joint effort by the Asgard and the People of Earth:

BC-999: “The Hope”

The vary first Starship built in a joint effort by the Asgard and the people of Earth. In an effort to ensure that no force ever threaten either of the 2 Galaxies again the two Races decided to build the ultimate Defense Ship. “The Hope” would take a year of round the clock research the needed technology, by both Races, from the Alteran Database located in Atlantis and 2 years to build the ship, but in the end the result of the joint effort resulted in one of the biggest Startship ever made. With the help of the Asgard and the Atlantis Teams access to the Atlantis’ Database, the two Races where able to integrate Alteran technology into “The Hope”. The Alteran technology that was integrated included; an Alteran Trans Galactic Hyperdrive, Defense shields, Energy Cannons, Stasis pods, Advanced Sensors, Puddle Jumpers, Drone Silos/Production facility, and a Zero Point Module production facility(However it currently takes 3 years to produce a single ZPM). The ship its self is powered by 3 Asgard generators and 2 ZPMs, which are only to be used under in cases of emergency. The use of the ship is determined by a council formed by the two Races, in order to insure the ship is not used as a weapon to repress others.

Type:
    Hyperspace capable warship
    Technology Base:
    Earth/Alteran/Asgard.
    Operational Area:
    Atmospheric - Local Space - Deep space - Hyperspace
    Power plant:
    3 Asgard Generators
    2 Zero Point Modules
    Engines:
    Alteran Hyperdrive
    Asgard ion drive sub-light engines
    Antigravity wave generators.
    Crew complement:
    200-300 personnel.
    Weapons Array:
    24 Alteran based Energy Cannons
    2 Drone Launch Silos-(Full compliment of Drones)
    Forward mounted VLS pack of 5 X 10 Missile silos for a total of 40 launch packs.
    100+ defensive Rail guns.
    Defensive Technology:
    Alteran designed defense shields.
    Probable Electronic Warfare equipment.
    Heavy trinium alloy hull.
    Support Craft:
    Hanger bays supporting-
    3 BC-303 (Daedalus Class)
    50+ Reversed engineered Puddle Jumpers.
    20+F-302
    Troop capacity:
    5 companies
    Other Equipment:
    Asgard transporter beams
    Alteran advanced sensors
    Alteran Trans Galactic Hyperdrive
    Hanger bay Atmospheric containment fields
    900 Alteran Stasis pods
    Dimensions:
    Length: 6 kilometers
    Width: 3 kilometer

Sublight Engines
    Unlike any Earth Starship, “The Hope” uses 6 Asgard ion drive sub-light engines mounted aft of her primary hull to provide primary thrust.
    FTL
    Like the BC-909, “The Hope” uses an Alteran Trans Galactic Hyperdrive.
    Shields
    Like the BC-909, “The Hope” has Alteran designed shield technology as its primary defensive system. Capable of absorbing a concerted attack by a half dozen Hiveships and up to fifty or so Cruisers if one of the ZPM is being used. The shields are similar to those on Prometheus and Daedalus, in that the shields are a bubble-type. However like the BC-909 the shield is visible wither subjected to fire or not. There are shield emitters both fore and aft, in the ventral and dorsal arcs as well. The shields can be depleted by a sufficient sustained assault by enemy ships. However a sustained attack by an insufficient amount of firepower does not degrade the shields strength. Only once the shield fails will, hull damage start to occur.

Weapons Systems
    Missiles
    "The Hope" has a forward pack of missile launchers, in a 5x10 VLS array firing into her dorsal arc.
    Rail Guns
    Defensive anti fighter protection is provided by 100+ Rail Gun mounts placed in strategic locations around the Daedalus hull. They generally fire in rapid bursts of 10 shots against targets, trying to bracket enemy fighters. They proved highly effective against Wraith darts, generally blasting them into exploding vapor with even a single hit from each burst.
    Alteran based Energy cannon
    Like the BC-909, “The Hope” is equipped with Alteran based Energy Cannons (AEC). However unlike the BC-909, “The Hope” is equipped with 24 AEC. The AECs are arranged with 6 on each side of the ship, spaced every 900 meters.
    Drones
    Like the BC-909, “The Hope” is also equipped with two Alteran Drone Launcher Silos (ADLS). Akin to the ADLS found in the Ancient Outposts, Atlantis and the Alteran space ship Aurora, “The Hope” caries two full compliments of Drones along with an onboard Drone production facility. It takes a minimum of one week to full re-supply both silos if they are completely depleted.

What do you think? A little much sure, but keep in mind that it is a joint effort by the Asgard and Earth. A man can dream can't he?
    Last edited by Macilnar; 25 September 2005, 11:40 AM.
    Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
    O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
    We are the Ancients

Comment

yes but its still the same as the old one, my athena is a joint project between us and its not that advanced! maybe if you found an ancient warship and BE it then it would be viable, also ZPM's will be out of our reach for years along time.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

^^
        Cool your good!!!
        I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
        so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
        But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
        Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
        GW My home away from home....
        My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          yes but its still the same as the old one, my athena is a joint project between us and its not that advanced! maybe if you found an ancient warship and BE it then it would be viable, also ZPM's will be out of our reach for years along time.
          You are right both the BC-909 and "The Hope" are too advanced, unless of course you do what the writers have not and use...Daniel Jackson. Daniel Jackson. He has the knowledge of the Ancients contained in his subconscious:

JACKSON: So now what? We done? You got what you wanted. I don't suppose you wanna just drop me off at the nearest Stargate?

REPLICARTER: It is true -- I learned the location of the weapon that could be a threat to me and my brethren. But I also saw the extent of knowledge your subconscious mind contains. (She steps closer.) You have no idea, do you?

JACKSON: No -- no, I don't.

REPLICARTER: You've tried accessing it, but it's always just out of reach, isn't it? I could help you. We could unlock the knowledge of the Ancients -- the secrets of the universe -- together.

JACKSON: I have to admit, it does sound interesting. (He pauses for a moment as if thinking about it. The RepliCarter smiles at him.) On the other hand, you're an evil killing machine, so, no, pass.
          RECKONING, PART 2

So you see all that needs to be done is access his subconscious and then the technology would be within reach.
          Last edited by Macilnar; 29 September 2005, 11:45 AM.
          Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
          We are the Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by Zekk
            Were going for rellestic not completly stupid
            Realistic, and yours wasn't.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
              Realistic, and yours wasn't.
              How can you say that yours was
              so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*

Comment

and where is yours PHplease.....ours are realistic because they fit in to the continuety of the show and are completly fictional anyway, so realism isnt an issue for you to start compaining about is it.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

your right im sure that if daniel subconsious got unlocked all kinds of stuff would be possible but its not the way it going to go: the athena is likely o or similar to what TPTB would make the next ship be like IMO. its advanced and strong but not a supership, its basicly a deady with weapons and a new fighter wing, which is going to happen because well because we havent reached the pinicle of technolgy yet!
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

Your ideas are all just stupid, no offence, but it's all fanboy wank. Think for just a second about economics.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

fanboy wank
                      ROFLMAO
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

I agree with 3PhDs. Where is the fun in designing a ship that's so grossly overpowered no fleet of 100 ships could stop it?

"I want a ship the size of a small moon with a neutronium(the real kind, not the asgard one) layer close to the hull held in place with force fields. The weapon system fires a billion drones per second and each drone has a 100GT nuke in it. The reactors would have to be able to have an output of a few billion ZPM:s just to keep the neutronium in place, so I guess I'll throw in a few billion extra ZPMs just in case"

Comment

Well in that case my ship is a puddle jumper boosted with the ultimate ZPM producing infinite power. With that powering my shields and weapons good luck stopping me, lol. No more stupid, unrealistic ideas.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Your ideas are all just stupid, no offence, but it's all fanboy wank. Think for just a second about economics.
                            First, this is a joint effort on the part of the Asgard and Earth. Second the Asgard, to our knowledg, do not use money. Third why I am even trying to justiv SciFi to you, it is SciFi no one ever said it would make sense. The Ancients built Atlantis, the Nox have a floating-invisible city, and the Asgard have fleets of ships. Economics?

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            I agree with 3PhDs. Where is the fun in designing a ship that's so grossly overpowered no fleet of 100 ships could stop it?

"I want a ship the size of a small moon with a neutronium(the real kind, not the asgard one) layer close to the hull held in place with force fields. The weapon system fires a billion drones per second and each drone has a 100GT nuke in it. The reactors would have to be able to have an output of a few billion ZPM:s just to keep the neutronium in place, so I guess I'll throw in a few billion extra ZPMs just in case"
                            Now that is not even far to try and say ours are any where near as ridicules as that.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                            We are the Ancients

Comment

The Serberus is a carrier built by the resources of not just Human but also Asguard and Katao(A future race in the show). and it was built in space so it did not cost as much to build(or hide).

Comment

Originally posted by Zekk
                                Katao(A future race in the show)
                                Obviously your related to one of TPTB
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X