Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes its both just like steal is both an element is 1.A substance that cannot be reduced to simpler substances by normal chemical means and that is composed of atoms having an identical number of protons in each nucleus.
    2.A fundamental, essential, or irreducible constituent of a composite entity.

Comment

and a mineral is A naturally occurring, homogeneous inorganic solid substance having a definite chemical composition and characteristic crystalline structure, color, and hardness. does that help

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
        and a mineral is A naturally occurring, homogeneous inorganic solid substance having a definite chemical composition and characteristic crystalline structure, color, and hardness. does that help

yes its both just like steal is both an element is 1.A substance that cannot be reduced to simpler substances by normal chemical means and that is composed of atoms having an identical number of protons in each nucleus.
        Answers.com is your friend, I see.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

nope and what is answer .com is it like ask jeeves ? no i got those answers from my fresman year i remember alot of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
            Then you would be foolish. SG-1 is not endorsed by the creators of the movie, they mock it, the true sequels to stargate are the books. It's best to consider the two sources having taken place in alternate universes. The differences between them are vast and inexplicable in any other way.
            If that's true, they are foolish!!! SG1 and SGA are far better than the movie and as it is more explored in the tv series and that's the latest info, that matters more. They can't seriously mock it, they don't even know what they're missing!! Plus it doesn't say anywhere they are taking place in alternate universes.
            sigpic

Comment

Pity you didn't remember that steel isn't element.

no i got those answers from my fresman year i remember alot of stuff
              That's quite phenomenal to remember a definition word for word, identical to the dictionary.com one!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mineral

Contrary to my previous belief the term "mineral" aslso comprises pure substances, therefore naqahdah is both a mineral and an element.

EDIT:
              SG1 and SGA are far better than the movie
              In your opinion.

as it is more explored in the tv series and that's the latest info,
              The latest info of the surrogate TV universe. Trite, scifi chic derived, cliched banalness. Cinematic porridge passed to the masses in accessible, non-challenging 45 minute packets.

This fanboy/gurl "rebuttal" doesn't change the fact of the matter that the Stargate motion picture is not part of SG-1 canon and vice versa.
              Last edited by Lord §okar; 05 September 2005, 03:47 PM.
              Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

SG1 and SGA are far better than the movie
                In your opinion.

as it is more explored in the tv series and that's the latest info,
                The latest info of the surrogate TV universe. Trite, scifi chic derived, cliched banalness. Cinematic porridge passed to the masses in accessible, non-challenging 45 minute packets.

This fanboy/gurl "rebuttal" doesn't change the fact of the matter that the Stargate motion picture is not part of SG-1 canon and vice versa.
                Huh?!!!! People here are supposed to be fans of the stargate series, can't even get what you're on about completely, I think you're taking it too seriously and its fangirl and proud of it!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Mr Sokar, I'm going to have do tell you here an now the TV series is pretty much the canon. You could say that yes they are seperate realities, but many fans simple throw on the old discontinuity paste and not care.

I can't see why you come here, there's not much movie discussion, and if you don't use the show as canon, you're pretty limited here.

The omnipedia is a database on Stargate, not some little bio's list.
                  You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                  And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Pity you didn't remember that steel isn't element.

no i got those answers from my fresman year i remember alot of stuff
                    That's quite phenomenal to remember a definition word for word, identical to the dictionary.com one!
                    u are right thats what i remembered dictionary.com i didnt say i remebered reading them

Comment

u are right thats what i remembered dictionary.com i didnt say i remebered reading them
                      Captain, listen... I want to be polite to you, I really do. I've seen some folks round here being incredibly rude to you, and riding you for your phone text way of talking... and I don't want to join them. I don't like it either, but it's just not right to harangue someone openly like that. However, your normal lack of spelling, grammar or punctuation definitely show that you copied and pasted those definitions right from Dictionary/Answers.com, as they are word for word, character for character, and use proper spelling and punctuation. All I ask, is that if you use a source like that, that you credit it. I know you want us to know how smart you are, but posting someone else's work as your own is just never an acceptable practice. KO-Dokey?

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Naquadah, hmm, the gate weighs about 30 tons and is roughly 180 cubic feet, so it has a mass of about 375 (165Kg) pound to the cubic foot.
                        In it's natural form it is very stable, has a very high melting temperature, is immensely strong, is workable, is a superconductor, has a tanished grey appearance.

I like this lol. Carter speaking - De Ja Vue

"Sir, naquadah, despite its phenomenal catalytic properties based on its ability to internally conduct, outwardly resists overwhelming neutrino kinetisism."

"You see, once the neutrinos are absorbed into the metal, naquadah, they enter a different matter flow synchronisation."

Well, the neutrinos effectively acquire a different orbital orientation from the one they occupied outside the metal. The neutrinos flow into the naquadah at a rate governed by one particular cycle but are irradiated asynchronously. The discrepancy between the rate of flow of the neutrinos coming out of the naquadah and the neutrinos which already exist outside the naquadah for all intents and purpose create a field of inertia around the naquadah making it incredibly stable."

http://ipsodixit.com/Skullduggery2/D...Home-World.htm

After an hour of reading about neutrino reations with neutrons, protons and electrons, and forming a theory, I read the statement above and became completely lost.

A large circular ring created by the Ancients, the Stargate is roughly 20 feet (6 metres) in diameter, weighs 64,000 pounds and is made of the quartzite-metal element called naquadah

Abydos site.

Comment

I'm going to have do tell you here an now the TV series is pretty much the canon.
                          Then we're in agreement. SG-1/Atlantis are canon within the context of their own universe. In the movie universe they are not, and vice versa.

Originally posted by EnigmaNZ
                          Naquadah, hmm, the gate weighs about 30 tons and is roughly 180 cubic feet, so it has a mass of about 375 (165Kg) pound to the cubic foot.
                          In it's natural form it is very stable, has a very high melting temperature, is immensely strong, is workable, is a superconductor, has a tanished grey appearance.

I like this lol. Carter speaking - De Ja Vue

"Sir, naquadah, despite its phenomenal catalytic properties based on its ability to internally conduct, outwardly resists overwhelming neutrino kinetisism."

"You see, once the neutrinos are absorbed into the metal, naquadah, they enter a different matter flow synchronisation."

Well, the neutrinos effectively acquire a different orbital orientation from the one they occupied outside the metal. The neutrinos flow into the naquadah at a rate governed by one particular cycle but are irradiated asynchronously. The discrepancy between the rate of flow of the neutrinos coming out of the naquadah and the neutrinos which already exist outside the naquadah for all intents and purpose create a field of inertia around the naquadah making it incredibly stable."

http://ipsodixit.com/Skullduggery2/D...Home-World.htm

After an hour of reading about neutrino reations with neutrons, protons and electrons, and forming a theory, I read the statement above and became completely lost.

A large circular ring created by the Ancients, the Stargate is roughly 20 feet (6 metres) in diameter, weighs 64,000 pounds and is made of the quartzite-metal element called naquadah

Abydos site.
                          I've no doubt you became lost, I did too, it's gratiutous technobabble, and fanon to boot. I don't know where this absurd notion that the gate can "absorb" neutrinos came from, such has never been even hinted at onscreen.

Comment

I've no doubt you became lost, I did too, it's gratiutous technobabble, and fanon to boot. I don't know where this absurd notion that the gate can "absorb" neutrinos came from, such has never been even hinted at onscreen.
                            I think I put that forward at one point as my own idea of how it can seemingly draw energy from anywhere, for thousands of years etc. Given the abundance of neutrinos I wondered if maybe they were being used as a power source somehow.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I do remember that, the difference is you proposed it as a theory. The phenomenon I'm referring to is remarkably prevalent, most stargate tech sites seem to be proponents of that theory, except it's presented as fact. For example: http://www.stargate-tech.net/esy/gate.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X