X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate (mentioned) - Multichannel News: Q & A with MGM's Gary Marenzi

From Multichannel News:

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...tml?q=stargate

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Q&A With MGM's Gary Marenzi

-- Multichannel News, 1/14/2008 8:15:00 AM

Since taking over MGM’s international distribution and production efforts last summer, studio veteran Gary Marenzi has been looking for ways to use international markets to help expand the new product going into the studio’s pipeline. Marenzi talked to Multichannel News International about the studio’s increased production, the global sales climate, the impact of the writers strike and NATPE. An edited transcript follows:

Q: How do you see the international demand for programming as we go into 2008?

A: I don’t see any real slackening of the demand for U.S. product. I just hope that that with the strike the industry can deliver enough quantity.

**snippage**

We are still hard at work extending the Stargate franchise and we continue to look at our library to potentially make or co-produce new product. I would say half of my time is spent on looking at acquisitions or co-productions or distribution opportunities for new product.

Q: How much new product do you expect to have flowing into your distribution pipeline each year?

A: I think our sweet spot will be 6 to 10, maybe 12 feature films where we have rights to most of the international markets.

On the TV side, we will do 10 to 15 direct-to-video/TV movies. Some of these concepts will hopefully go right to series or work as de facto pilots for series.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X