This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - SciFi Channel Blog updated Sept. 14

Alex Levine, the script coordinator for Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, has updated his blog at the SciFi Channel site:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

A small excerpt:

For your information, Claudia Black is pregnant. Now if that’s not behind the scenes info I don’t know what is. She’s “with child.’ She’s “in a family way.” Now, there’s a bunch of other ways for me to say it, but they would be… inappropriate, perhaps even misogynistic. But you get the picture, right?

Now, here’s how it went down. Claudia did such a great job in the first six episodes, and was so adored by the producers, the studio, the network and the fans, that it was a foregone conclusion that she would be asked back. The producers wanted to have her back next year. The network was so enamored they wanted her back this year. But…. OOOPS… she got pregnant, because she thought she wouldn’t be back until next year… So Rob wrote the Crusade story in part to accommodate her personal choice to have a baby. What a misogynist!

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Yeah, Congrats Claudia. Now the finale just got a little better.
    sigpic

Comment

Edited to remove content at Claudia Black's request.
      Last edited by GateAngel; 14 September 2005, 12:37 PM. Reason: remove content
      ______
      Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

and since we have two thriving threads in the season 9 area i will ask folks to not use this thread to discuss what the ramifications of Claudia's personal news will have upon Crusade.

If you want to use this thread for congratulations, that's fine, but please save the episode discussion for the already existing threads in the s9 folder
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          and since we have two thriving threads in the season 9 area i will ask folks to not use this thread to discuss what the ramifications of Claudia's personal news will have upon Crusade.

If you want to use this thread for congratulations, that's fine, but please save the episode discussion for the already existing threads in the s9 folder
          What's somewhat odd is that the quotes are from Alex Levine's September 14th blog entry, which was up early this morning, but has mysteriously vanished off the site. Perhaps this news wasn't meant to be released in a blog like that...

Comment

anything is possible. maybe he spoke out of turn, maybe his information was incorrect. doubt we'll ever really know

if claudia is really pregnant, then best of luck to her. if mr levine's information was incorrect....well he's gonna need some luck too

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              anything is possible. maybe he spoke out of turn, maybe his information was incorrect. doubt we'll ever really know

if claudia is really pregnant, then best of luck to her. if mr levine's information was incorrect....well he's gonna need some luck too
              I would like to think the information is being revamped to remove somewhat negative comments about fans here who were just expressing their opinions. I've seen a lot of backlash against RCC in other forums based on the negative remarks about fans made in this blog entry.
              ______

Comment

The reason for Vala's pregnancy in the seasons 2 part ending has been revealed.

I'll copy and paste the article from http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ bellow...

"Working real life into story arcs

Alex Levine, script coordinator, has revealed in his blog on SciFi.com that Claudia Black is expecting a baby! Her pregnancy was worked into the Stargate SG-1 story arc for her character Vala Mal Doran in the episode “Crusade” because the producers and SciFi wanted Vala to return this season!

In “Crusade”, written by Robert C. Cooper, Vala is stranded in the Ori’s home galaxy and is pregnant without having had sexual intercourse. She believes that the Ori have something to do with it, but puts her condition aside in order to warn Earth about the fleet of ten Ori spaceships which will be sent to the Milky Way Galaxy in order to convert humanity to Origin or destroy them for their refusal.

No word on when Black’s baby is due, but Levine says that the nature of Vala’s pregnancy will not be explored until Season Ten, “if there is a Season 10.”

See the full blog entry at SciFi.com
                9.19 “Crusade Part 1″ Episode Guide"

It wasn't just a plot point, its to save her from having to carry large handbags infront of her belly, or having to make "wow i've put weight on" jokes.

Congratulations Claudia!!!
                Last edited by Butterfly-Dreamer; 14 September 2005, 11:32 AM.
                Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
                Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
                Citizen Joe

Comment

Congrats to Ms. Black. I hope she's happy with her child and enjoys raising him/her. I here it's a blast. <of course, you "know" I was the poster child when I was younger>
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Hm.. that is very strange. The most recent blog entry has just disapeared. I guess SciFi didn't think it was 'fan boy'ish enough. I personaly didn't think it was offensive, the guy was just stating his opinion.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                      Hm.. that is very strange. The most recent blog entry has just disapeared. I guess SciFi didn't think it was 'fan boy'ish enough. I personaly didn't think it was offensive, the guy was just stating his opinion.
                      It was removed at Claudia Black's request.
                      ______

Comment

and since it was apparantly removed at CB's request, i'm gonna close this thread until the boys, aka darren, decides whether or not to also remove the content from our forum as well.

I would ask folks to please respect what we understand to be CB's wishes and drop the topic of her pregnancy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X