No announcement yet.

McKay & Beckett 1/6th Headsculpt signup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a downer with McKay as he isnt gonna see the light of day ! then I get a PM from Mazojedi, Sheppards BDU Top is finished for my custom, pants to follow :

Im very Happy . . . this baby with patches . . . sweet (work by Mazojedi)

Comment

High five to whoever is looking after Beckett!

Too bad about McKay but here's hoping for sometime down the road.

Thanks for the updates.
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

http://www.wantedactionfigure.com/pr...how.asp?id=579

I likes it definitely Beckett in that sculpt, with the right paint and BDU's . . X

She captured the hair perfectly

Comment

Actually, I emailed her to see if she'd fix it to add Beckett's distinctive dimples, so we'll see. It's good to see she's already put it up on her site to order! Have at 'em, girls and boys. And yeah, didn't she do a great job on the hair? I dare say it looks more accurate than the Sheppard head.
          Last edited by Jersey13; 31 December 2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

There is a Scottish Saying "Sufferin for a freen doubleth freenship."

Ahem, - do Mr McGillion's dimples show when he looks serious though? I thought they stood out only when he smiles?

Again I have done a quick run around the various Pro Beckett threads to post the link to the webpage. Hopefully that may make more people want to commit?
            Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 29 January 2010, 09:20 AM.
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Well, he's supposed to be smiling just a little bit... I asked her to keep it a fairly neutral expression, though, because smiling action figures tend to look a bit awkward when you arm them with guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                Well, he's supposed to be smiling just a little bit... I asked her to keep it a fairly neutral expression, though, because smiling action figures tend to look a bit awkward when you arm them with guns.
                Fair point, and thanks for specifying keep it neutral. DST did the character of Nurse Alyssa Ogawa from Star Trek the Next Generation. Unfortunately, they used a still of Actress Patti Yasutake broadly smiling. - The actress looks lovely. The figure? -

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/sto...74&ImageNo=001

Besides, Dr B looks best when sublty smiling, as he could be happy, or trying to provide reassurance.
                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

eep! Yeah, that's definitely awkward. But I do think just a tiny hint of dimples, not overdone, makes Beckett complete. I really like those dimples... *blush*

Comment

So tell me....why is she charging such a high fee to sculpt this, when she is gonna mass sell it on Ebay and her website?
                    I could see paying the upfront high cost of the sculpt if it was gonna be just for the handful that she was "contracted" to do.
                    Seems like she is getting a little over payed by make you all pay for the initial sculpt then turn around and "mass produce" it for Ebay and her site.
                    http://www.wantedactionfigure.com/pr...how.asp?id=579
                    Just wondering is all?

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
                    Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

She charges a lot more ($600 each) if you want to retain exclusive rights to the sculpt. The cost of making a cast is still $25 each, but we just didn't have enough people interested to do both sculpts. Quality has its costs, I guess.

Comment

Awesome news! I've put my order in.
                        Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Here's a copy of the picture sent to me for final approval. She reworked the chin just a tad and added a little hint of his dimples. I'm really happy with it, so for those of you who have placed (or will be placing) orders, she should be starting the casting process very soon.

Spoiler:

Comment

Well, if you'd like help or suggestions, Mooncat already posted a bunch and I think I've already bought just about everything I'll need. I intend to try to paint the heads myself, and I'm a tad concerned that I'm not going to do a very good job...

Comment

I've finished painting one of my heads. It looks a tad odd stuck on the figure here, but that's only because I'm reluctant to actually glue it on yet 'til I see how well I can do on my second attempt. I'm gonna try to do a better job with the extra heads I ordered, but considering it's my first ever paint job, I don't think I did too badly. I'm happy to receive constructive criticism, and any tips on how to do better next time would be much appreciated.

Spoiler:

Comment

Excellent work, you matched the skin tone of the truetype body superbly, if your leaving him bare armed I can sell you my Sovereign Studios arm skins (if I can locate them, Ive one muscle pair left with 4 sets on order)

However if your going for the Mazojedi BDU's (been a couple of weeks now waiting on a PM back from Matt and Aki) then id say no changes wait for the BDU's to hit your door.
                                Last edited by Mooncat; 24 January 2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X