This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual seasons, or the box set?

My birthday is a month away, and I've started thinking about what I want. The only Stargate related stuff I have is The Ark of Truth, and (as of tomorrow) Continuum. Like any other fan, I want to be able to watch whatever episodes when I want.

It's unlikely I'll get the $240 at once for it, I'm not a fan of them all being packed into one box, unlike the Region 2 set, and I've also heard of problems with the discs being damaged. However, I'm curious to any extra's not available on the extra discs with the individual seasons.

I'm definitely going to wait for the Atlantis box set to see what it has to offer, but I'm fairly certain there weren't any tv specials like for SG1. So yeah, that's what I want to know. Thanks.

Well, the cheapest I remember seeing individual seasons of SG-1 is $32 so to get the whole series is at least $320 I might save for a couple of months and spring for the season box. I can't speak to damaged disk or extras as I got the individual seasons. Damaged disk in an expensive and almost-imposible-to-return-once-opened item would give me pause though.

Now that I think about it, my post probably isn't all that helpful.
    "What's your situation?"
    "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

All 10 SG1 seasons are 25 dollars on amazon.com, so I'd only be saving 10 dollars by getting the box set.

I guess I should point out that I have no intention getting the box set if the extra extras aren't worth, what I believe, the hassle of the ginormous box and possible damage of said bagillion disc set.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
        All 10 SG1 seasons are 25 dollars on amazon.com, so I'd only be saving 10 dollars by getting the box set.

I guess I should point out that I have no intention getting the box set if the extra extras aren't worth, what I believe, the hassle of the ginormous box and possible damage of said bagillion disc set.
        I also have each season of Star Trek: The Next Generation which have large, clumsy packages where one has to open an outer case then slide the inner case out then unfold the flaps, with a booklet trying to fall out, to finally get to the DVDs. Its much less of a hassle with my seasons of SG-1 to just pull the season I want then pull the DVD case out of the slipcase. Again, I don't have the ten season set so I don't know how much help I am.
        "What's your situation?"
        "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

Nah, you haven't had any problems with the individual seasons. That's help to me.

Comment

I have heard of a lot of problems and damaged disks with the complete series packages. Just stick to the individual seasons.

Vala,

Comment

Yeah, I've read a few reviews on amazon and that seems to be the case. Definitely not worth the few extra discs when there's already nearly 10 flipping thousand hours of commentary to listen to, as well as extras with each season.

Comment

Working...
              X