No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we're here in the customizing thread - has anybody tried yet to chop out a bit of the hat, to make the hole larger, so that it would go deeper down? How to do it? Need to find a picture for reference, how deep shall be right.
    Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

You could dremel it out a little. Possibly even put it in boiling water to soften it, then stretch it over the head. Put it in cold water while on his head. Could help the fit. I've tried everywhere to find those McFarlane figures. No one, even ebay, seems to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
        You could dremel it out a little. Possibly even put it in boiling water to soften it, then stretch it over the head. Put it in cold water while on his head. Could help the fit. I've tried everywhere to find those McFarlane figures. No one, even ebay, seems to have them.
        I pm'ed you regarding McFarlane figures. Check your pm.

Comment

Responded. Also, I found Daniel's hat. What a piece. Can't believe they did that. I do think it could be made to fit, but it is still too small.

Comment

My modified ramp and staff.

Comment

Originally posted by rowie4life View Post
              My modified ramp and staff.
              excellent work, if only DST were paying attention and realised that this is how a staff weapon should look. It looks great, as does the ramp

Comment

I agree, great job on the staff weapon.
                Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

In the next few days, I will be casting some Stargate heads. I plan to do several of each major character. Anyone interested in buying a cast, please let me know. I will post pics once they are done.

Comment

So I was looking at all of the Atlantis Figures and thought it would be nice to have some yellow and green on the shelf. Of course, yellow will be coming with Keller (and if they make Carson), so I was thinking about green. Then I thought about Chuck, the technician. I am thinking of taking the SGA series 3 Sheppard head and painting the hair a lighter brown. Then taking it and putting it on a series 1 Sheppard body with the triangles painted green. Does anyone think this would look like Chuck?
                    sigpic

Comment

Are the Series 3 Shepperd heads different to the Series 1 heads?

Another thing that would work to make the men from Atlantis look at least a little bit different is glueing the jackets down over the stomach area. I was pondering on doing that to McKay.

Also, if you took a Series 1 Shepperd, non-FO, painted his triangles dark blue and headswapped McKay, you'd get a Season 2 look for McKay... You know, when he started wearing a darker colour.
                      CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

HAMMOND: "You have a bow!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        Are the Series 3 Shepperd heads different to the Series 1 heads?
                        Yes. The Wave three version has a "default" expression instead of the smirk.

Pic attached...
                        Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 15 November 2008, 01:22 PM.
                        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Got the first molds curing. My first will be FCBD Jack and Col. Jack from series one. I also plan to make a mold of Daniel and rework it to have longer hair. Then I will cast the new head and hopefully have those available as well. (if anyone wants them that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                            Yes. The Wave three version has a "default" expression instead of the smirk.

Pic attached...
                            Oh yeah... There was something bugging me about Wave 3 Shepperd, couldn't quite put my finger on it. Nice
                            CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

HAMMOND: "You have a bow!"

Comment

Quick question- If DST released a figure you had already made a custom of, using the same parts, would you buy it or pass in favor of your custom? If so, would you deconstruct your custom, or keep it? Just thinking since I just made a blue BDU Jack using the case topper Daniel, if they released the same figure with the same parts I would probably pass. Also, due to the price of SDCC Daniel, I made one using FCBD Jack and case topper Daniel.

Also, to anyone interested, the first attempt at casting....did not go so well. So back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
                                Quick question- If DST released a figure you had already made a custom of, using the same parts, would you buy it or pass in favor of your custom?
                                It depends on what it came with, if it came with some cool new stuff then I would use the parts on the custom (cause all I do are headswaps, no repaints) for a different custom.

Comment

Working...
                                X