X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norrin View Post
    McFarlane to release “Egyptian” Themed series:
    http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13170
    Spawn Series 33 - Age of Pharaohs (due in stores March 2008)
    Set in the time of the Egyptians a new Spawn rises to meet his destiny. Features six all new sculpts.
    • Osiris
    • Isis
    • Anubis
    • Soldier of Ra
    • Scarab Assassin
    • Sebek

Could be some good custom & setup fodder coming out here!!
    Figures.com has a preview of these. Could have some useful parts. Nice looking figures all the same. Anubis looks great.
    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
      I have to say that this is one of my favorite customs. Not because it is anything special but because I’ve wanted this version of Sam since day one and I’ve finally got it thanks to the Desert series.

I sanded and filled in the lines of the original shirt at the shoulders and tried to give the impression of folds in the material on the sleeves. The rest is just a repaint.

I would love to do some sort of Vala version at some point as well.

Love the Garrison Sam, I may do that also to complete my SG-1 Garrison team. (I created a Tealc in Garrison previously.)

Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
        Love the Garrison Sam, I may do that also to complete my SG-1 Garrison team. (I created a Tealc in Garrison previously.)

Nice work.
        Many thanks, HG.

Did you post a pic of your Garrison Teal'c? Maybe I missed it. If not, would love to see it.
        Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

I was supposed to be taking a break from customs so I could have time to finish up other things. Apparently I didn’t get the message.

Full credit has to go to Astra for suggesting this figure in the first place. I was skimming through old posts in this thread recently. Its been a long time coming.

Comment

wow thats awsome!!! man those buffy fig work well for the stargate figures. that o'neill is great keep it up!!!
            "Daniel?"
            "For crying out loud!!"
            "Roddney?"
            "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. O'Neill View Post
              wow thats awsome!!! man those buffy fig work well for the stargate figures. that o'neill is great keep it up!!!
              Thanks! You're so right. That Buffy Wesley allowed me to cheat so much on this figure.

Comment

Those look epic! All of the details look official-- man, you're pulling this off well.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                  Those look epic! All of the details look official-- man, you're pulling this off well.
                  Thanks Nekoi, I really appreciate that. The Ultimate Visual Guide is indispensable for this kind of stuff.

Comment

I was supposed to be taking a break from customs so I could have time to finish up other things. Apparently I didn’t get the message.

Full credit has to go to Astra for suggesting this figure in the first place. I was skimming through old posts in this thread recently. Its been a long time coming.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Sorry for the lack of reply, I saw it the day you posted, but I was visiting some friends during Easter and did not have my password for answering.

That looks so wonderful! I like especially the pose at the second picture, and also the one together with Sam looks very nice! Those medals! And the hat! Don't forget the hat! You actually see me at a loss of words for the things I want to say in admiration. I guess if I take THAT over to Mala's world, the whole world will faint. Big time.

I want one I want one I want one

PS: We did lots of new pictures with the figures *rushes over to the picture thread to show them off*
                    Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Thanks Nekoi, I really appreciate that. The Ultimate Visual Guide is indispensable for this kind of stuff.
                      I agree, this book is really really great,...really, i like it so much...^^
                      BTW, i cant wait to get another Sam Figure (Black Ops, Atlantis)

DST should hurry up with new pics
                      Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

Blues, I salute you, I have never seen customs that good before - its exactly how I imagined DST would do the dress uniforms!

I had plans on the drawing board for a couple of customs, but I propbably won't get them done now for budgetery reasons. See what you think:

Dr Weir from New Order (Reuse replicarter's body with Weir's head)

BDU Jonas Quinn (Jonas head and possibly the upper arms on the newly announded Col Shephard BDU body).
                        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                          Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Sorry for the lack of reply, I saw it the day you posted, but I was visiting some friends during Easter and did not have my password for answering.

That looks so wonderful! I like especially the pose at the second picture, and also the one together with Sam looks very nice! Those medals! And the hat! Don't forget the hat! You actually see me at a loss of words for the things I want to say in admiration. I guess if I take THAT over to Mala's world, the whole world will faint. Big time.

I want one I want one I want one

PS: We did lots of new pictures with the figures *rushes over to the picture thread to show them off*
                          Hahaha, I love the squeeee. Thats a new one for me.

The hat was the most difficult part. I originally made it to fit but its out of scale so it looks far better as a prop.

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                          Blues, I salute you, I have never seen customs that good before - its exactly how I imagined DST would do the dress uniforms!

I had plans on the drawing board for a couple of customs, but I propbably won't get them done now for budgetery reasons. See what you think:

Dr Weir from New Order (Reuse replicarter's body with Weir's head)

BDU Jonas Quinn (Jonas head and possibly the upper arms on the newly announded Col Shephard BDU body).
                          Great ideas for customs, certainly go for them if you can. Somehow I always forget that Weir started out on SG-1. I really like the BDU Jonas idea. DST should definitely do more BDU figures. I've kinda run out of ideas myself, though I'm thinking I'd like to do a movie version Jaffa. Were they even called Jaffa in the movie?

And if you actually think these customs are nice, I can point you to a few figure sites that would make your head explode. I'm constantly in awe.

Comment

And if you actually think these customs are nice, I can point you to a few figure sites that would make your head explode. I'm constantly in awe.

Oh yeah, please do! I'd like to see them, too. Such a creative hobby!

Comment

I just finished making the ramp wider and can't wait to show you the outcome.

Before:

I purchased an extra Thor to get more parts and then sawed it in the middle, to get two halfs. This is the ramp part

... and this is the part for the steps, one of it is already glued together.
                              If you look carefully you also will notice that I put little leftover parts of plastic where before was a hole (for the steps to fit onto the grooves at the side of the ramp):

And the ramp after the customizing (I need to remove those white parts yet, the newspaper at the table stuck to the glue a bit):

Now two people are able to stand together on it, and hopefully it also will be wide enough for the MALP to fit (still haven't got this wave).
                              Last edited by GermanAstra; March 25, 2008, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah, please do! I'd like to see them, too. Such a creative hobby!
                                theFwoosh.com is home to a plethora of customs and artists that regularly make my jaw drop. I’ve linked directly to the custom section of the forum. Fantastic sculpting and painting all round. I’ve learned a lot from various areas of this site.

I just finished making the ramp wider and can't wait to show you the outcome.

Now two people are able to stand together on it, and hopefully it also will be wide enough for the MALP to fit (still haven't got this wave).

Astra! Fantastic work on the ramp! Looks better than before and very functional. Great job.

Comment

Working...
                                X