X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Oh god. I think I love you!
    And this is the way my mind works: thanks to this one line, I now have a David Cassidy song in my head. Don't worry, Alipeeps, I don't blame you for it; I'm just wired strangely.

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    Is there any news on the release date for Exogenesis? Someone mentioned in another thread that when they preorderd the book, the site gave a release date of December. UGH!! Too long!!!
    Aack -- really? That's disappointing. I know it generally can't be helped, but still. I'll ask for an update.
    Beth
    http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
    http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Does Fandy have any specific rules when pitching? Say you wanted to do a novel which while set in the SG universe, focused on the Tok'ra centuries ago, would you be allowed to do it?
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
        And this is the way my mind works: thanks to this one line, I now have a David Cassidy song in my head. Don't worry, Alipeeps, I don't blame you for it; I'm just wired strangely.
        Thanks. Now I have the same song in my head!

It could be worse though: the other day I had Amy Winehouse's Rehab in my head - the only problem being I only know the words to one line so it kept repeating over and over and over "They try to make me go to rehab, I say no, no, no"!!! It made trying to get any writing done quite difficult!
        sigpic

Comment

Is there any news on the release date for Exogenesis? Someone mentioned in another thread that when they preorderd the book, the site gave a release date of December. UGH!! Too long!!!
          Well, I have news, but you may not like it ...

December 8th is the new date, and this time it's for real. I won't make guarantees because it's not up to me, and also because I'm paranoid about tempting fate in any form three days before my football team takes on Ohio State ... but 12/8 is the date. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Thanks. Now I have the same song in my head!
          You're welcome. When I've got a song stuck in my head (which is pretty much a chronic condition), I've been known to forcibly replace irritating songs with more acceptable songs. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
          Beth

Comment

December 8th is the new date, and this time it's for real. I won't make guarantees because it's not up to me, and also because I'm paranoid about tempting fate in any form three days before my football team takes on Ohio State ... but 12/8 is the date. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
            Bummer - cos we gotta wait. But yay - cos at least we have an idea of how long we gotta wait! Thanks for that...

You're welcome. When I've got a song stuck in my head (which is pretty much a chronic condition), I've been known to forcibly replace irritating songs with more acceptable songs. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
            Thanks ever so!

My sister did suggest a solution to the Amy Winehouse problem would be to simply write those 12 words over and over - hey, it worked for Jack Nicholson in The Shining....
            sigpic

Comment

NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!! Now my evening is ruined!

Seriously, thanks for the update. At least I'll have something good to read over the holidays.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                Does Fandy have any specific rules when pitching? Say you wanted to do a novel which while set in the SG universe, focused on the Tok'ra centuries ago, would you be allowed to do it?
                One of the general guidelines is to focus the plot primarily on the characters we all know and love. My guess is that the only way to swing the concept you mentioned would be to do a time-travel story and plunk our heroes right in the middle of it. Which is probably not what you meant. Or possibly show snippets of long-past events that have a direct bearing on a plot taking place in the present; for instance, the prologue of Exo, posted on Sonny's and my websites, takes place during the Wraith siege of Atlantis 10,000 years ago, because it sets up the events of the rest of the novel.
                Beth

Comment

That's interesting to hear. Shame but interesting. As much as I love our 2 teams, I'd love to see some standalones. The SG universe is so much bigger.

On another note. Are any others of you guys gonna be doing bookplates like Karen?
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Jumping back up a bit in the thread ...

Originally posted by Cinc1 View Post
                    Question to all: The magazine teases an Atlantis short story next issue. Would anyone be able to take credit for that story at this time? How about any upcoming stories?
                    <raises hand>

Assuming that 1) the order of things doesn't change and 2) the magazine editors don't hate what I've written, the next one's mine. It's a Sheppard POV that spoils "The Return" pretty blatantly, so you've all been warned.

On that subject: Canadian and UK viewers, have you seen "The Return" yet? Seems like this is about the time of year when you usually catch up and pass the American audience in terms of the number of new episodes aired.
                    Beth

Comment

Jumping back up a bit in the thread ...

<raises hand>

Assuming that 1) the order of things doesn't change and 2) the magazine editors don't hate what I've written, the next one's mine. It's a Sheppard POV that spoils "The Return" pretty blatantly, so you've all been warned.

On that subject: Canadian and UK viewers, have you seen "The Return" yet? Seems like this is about the time of year when you usually catch up and pass the American audience in terms of the number of new episodes aired.

Does it spoil both Part 1 and Part 2 of The Return or just the first one?
                      sigpic
                      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Salty asked what I was going too...does the shory stroy spoil part 1 or 2 or both of "The Return"? I don't want to know anything of Pt2 until I see it in March.

Do you know what issue the story will be in? I don't get the mags unless there is something of interest in it..this story would be of interest.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                          Does it spoil both Part 1 and Part 2 of The Return or just the first one?
                          Oh, is the next episode actually called "The Return Part 2"? <wince> Sorry, didn't mean to introduce confusion. The story mentions certain events from Part I that are a little hard to avoid, but that's it. I don't know anything about Part 2 -- we don't get episode info any sooner than anyone else.

As for what issue it's in, I'm told it's the next one, because that issue is going to be Atlantis-focused. But again, I don't exactly have all sorts of inside info.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
                          Last edited by Elizabeth Christensen; 22 November 2006, 09:08 AM. Reason: Edited because I forgot to answer half the question ...
                          Beth

Comment

Oh, is the next episode actually called "The Return Part 2"? <wince> Sorry, didn't mean to introduce confusion. The story mentions certain events from Part I that are a little hard to avoid, but that's it. I don't know anything about Part 2 -- we don't get episode info any sooner than anyone else.

As for what issue it's in, I'm told it's the next one, because that issue is going to be Atlantis-focused. But again, I don't exactly have all sorts of inside info.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Well then I won't have to worry about being spoiled for The Return Pt2 then. Sounds like I'll be bugging the local magazine shop to find out when the new issue will come in. Thanks!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Well then I won't have to worry about being spoiled for The Return Pt2 then. Sounds like I'll be bugging the local magazine shop to find out when the new issue will come in. Thanks!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
                              The new Stargate magazine? According to the ad at the back of the current issue it should be out just before or after Christmas.

Suse
                              at
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I made a (fortuitous for you authors) boo-boo this month. I'm in the USA. I kept trying to order the books at they became current on Books in Print. Ingram (a book wholesaler) kept saying they weren't available. So I kept trying. Oops. They came in. All of them. Guess what my plus sell titles are? So those of you in the USA check with your bookstore. Have them look the books up in BIP. Stock levels are very hit or miss but the books can be found. Sometimes. If you are lucky. (Imports can be tough to get. It has to do with the discounting strategy publishersretailers use, so large amounts are not bought.)

I'm loving Survivial of the Fittest by Sabine C. Bauer. I love Maybourne.

Suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X