Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard from Sabine Bauer lately??? I hopeshe is doing well. I was wondering how she was coming along on her Atlantis novel....(ah Vancouver Con bars and drinks...)
    sigpic

Comment

I found a site online where someone is selling a copy of Stargate: Atlantis Halcyon for $85.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
        Has anyone heard from Sabine Bauer lately??? I hopeshe is doing well. I was wondering how she was coming along on her Atlantis novel....(ah Vancouver Con bars and drinks...)
        I exchanged emails with her a couple of weeks ago. If I remember correctly, she's in the editing process on her Atlantis novel. She also said something about running into Colin Cunningham (SG-1's Major Davis) by sheer coincidence at a Vancouver sushi restaurant. I was jealous of both the encounter and the prospect of West Coast sushi.
        Beth
        http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
        http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

...Wow. Musta loved that novel.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

My copy of Blood Ties arrived today! Man, I love Fandy's service - I *so* prefer to buy direct from them rather than going through e.g. Amazon. I ordered the book online on Sunday afternoon, it shipped yesterday and arrived today!

Now I just gotta wait till lunchtime so I can start reading!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
              I found a site online where someone is selling a copy of Stargate: Atlantis Halcyon for $85.
              Wow. I mean, I know I'm good, but hey...

Out Now:
              Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
              Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
              "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
              ---------------------------------------------------
              Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                I exchanged emails with her a couple of weeks ago. If I remember correctly, she's in the editing process on her Atlantis novel. She also said something about running into Colin Cunningham (SG-1's Major Davis) by sheer coincidence at a Vancouver sushi restaurant. I was jealous of both the encounter and the prospect of West Coast sushi.
                Thanks for the update!! Glad to hear her novel is making excellent progress. Sushi huh? Nope, don't like the stuff.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

My copy of Blood Ties arrived today! Man, I love Fandy's service - I *so* prefer to buy direct from them rather than going through e.g. Amazon. I ordered the book online on Sunday afternoon, it shipped yesterday and arrived today!

Now I just gotta wait till lunchtime so I can start reading!
                I called my local book store to see if they had a copy. They said it would be about 2-3 weeks! *eeks*

So I ordered a copy from Fandy on Sunday and had a message early Monday morning that it was already shipped!! I'm hoping it'll be in my mailbox when I get home from work today. 2-3 week wait my arse!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                  I called my local book store to see if they had a copy. They said it would be about 2-3 weeks! *eeks*

So I ordered a copy from Fandy on Sunday and had a message early Monday morning that it was already shipped!! I'm hoping it'll be in my mailbox when I get home from work today. 2-3 week wait my arse!

Yeah, I'm rethinking the waiting for Barnes & Noble to get it in - I'd rather have the book in hand and read instead of the employee discount at B&N! This one sounds too good to wait for!
                  sigpic
                  Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Just saw this on Joe's blog -

Alipeeps writes: “In the latest novel, which arrived today, reference is made in passing to Ronon's immunity to the Wraith feeding process.”

Answer: Then consider that particular novel part of an AU storyline because, in fact, Ronon IS NOT immune to the wraith feeding process. In Runner, the wraith moves to feed on Ronon and hesitates, not because he is unable to feed, but because he is amazed by Ronon’s defiance and fearlessness. It is this spirit that makes him an ideal runner in the eyes of the wraith.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      Just saw this on Joe's blog -

Alipeeps writes: “In the latest novel, which arrived today, reference is made in passing to Ronon's immunity to the Wraith feeding process.”

Answer: Then consider that particular novel part of an AU storyline because, in fact, Ronon IS NOT immune to the wraith feeding process. In Runner, the wraith moves to feed on Ronon and hesitates, not because he is unable to feed, but because he is amazed by Ronon’s defiance and fearlessness. It is this spirit that makes him an ideal runner in the eyes of the wraith.
                      Yup. Sorry about that guys... it was something that jumped out at me whe reading the book as I know it's a subject that has been much discussed amongst fans but I was pretty sure TPTB had been asked the question before and stated that there was no immunity, that the Wraith chose not to feed... and Joe M has confirmed that.

Anyhooo... am very much enjoying the book so far (and, okay, I admit it, I had a quick flick through and, as a Shep whumper, I see I have much to look forward to! ).
                      sigpic

Comment

This is a question directed at James Swallow for the Stargate Atlantis book Halcyon (SGA #4).

Have you read this book? There are quite a few grammar and missing word mistakes in it.

I haven't read it all yet and am not even half way through it. I have a mild form of OCD so i notice these things and am quite picky about them. Fortunately i'm not about to insult you or anything equally horrible as i am not in a position where i've made money writing novels or have actually ever finished writing a novel. I just thought you might like to know and maybe have someone go over it so it's more enjoyable for any other person who wants to read it.

I realise it's probably not your fault as i'm aware of proof-readers and editors, maybe someone took out something too much or fixed something that didn't need fixing.
                        "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak" Jayne Cobb, Firefly

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Yup. Sorry about that guys... it was something that jumped out at me whe reading the book as I know it's a subject that has been much discussed amongst fans but I was pretty sure TPTB had been asked the question before and stated that there was no immunity, that the Wraith chose not to feed... and Joe M has confirmed that.

Anyhooo... am very much enjoying the book so far (and, okay, I admit it, I had a quick flick through and, as a Shep whumper, I see I have much to look forward to! ).
                          Yeahhh ... that's one of those things that MGM's read-through is meant to catch. (The bit about Ronon, not the whump.) Our interpretation of the Wraith's action was that he couldn't feed, not that he changed his mind (I'm still not sure why he would've changed his mind at the last minute, truthfullly) -- and apparently that wasn't what TPTB intended. <shrug> If that's the biggest canon goof we made, I'll live, because it was a throwaway line that doesn't affect the plot -- promise. Hope it doesn't mess with anyone's enjoyment of the book.

Truthfully, I'm more bothered by a canon glitch in my recent short story for the magazine (issue #19, currently in stores). Again, it's just a one-line thing, but I made the mistake of using a secondary canon source: the MGM and Sci-Fi website character bios. Specifically, I believed the Shep bio that began, "The son of a respected Cold War colonel ..."

Then I read later on Joe M's (thoroughly awesome) blog that those bios weren't vetted by TPTB and Shep's dad was not in fact military. Dang it. Of course, the line in the story only referenced Shep living in base housing as a kid, so I have a new theory: maybe his mom was actually the colonel. It's technically possible, right? I'm gonna go with that until either the show or Joe M proves me wrong.
                          Beth
                          http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                          http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                            Yeahhh ... that's one of those things that MGM's read-through is meant to catch. (The bit about Ronon, not the whump.) Our interpretation of the Wraith's action was that he couldn't feed, not that he changed his mind (I'm still not sure why he would've changed his mind at the last minute, truthfullly) -- and apparently that wasn't what TPTB intended. <shrug> If that's the biggest canon goof we made, I'll live, because it was a throwaway line that doesn't affect the plot -- promise. Hope it doesn't mess with anyone's enjoyment of the book.

Truthfully, I'm more bothered by a canon glitch in my recent short story for the magazine (issue #19, currently in stores). Again, it's just a one-line thing, but I made the mistake of using a secondary canon source: the MGM and Sci-Fi website character bios. Specifically, I believed the Shep bio that began, "The son of a respected Cold War colonel ..."

Then I read later on Joe M's (thoroughly awesome) blog that those bios weren't vetted by TPTB and Shep's dad was not in fact military. Dang it. Of course, the line in the story only referenced Shep living in base housing as a kid, so I have a new theory: maybe his mom was actually the colonel. It's technically possible, right? I'm gonna go with that until either the show or Joe M proves me wrong.
                            Don't worry, it didn't mess with my enjoyment of the book at all. Still reading it and enjoying it. It was just something the sad, obsessive fangirl side of me noticed in passing.

Bummer about the story glitch. I know there'd been a lot of debate about those bios on GW and other places and the general consensus has usually been that they are not official canon... and Joe recently confirmed that for us. I guess we'll find out what is canon re: Sheppard's dad when Outcast airs...
                            sigpic

Comment

Re: Elizabeth's mention of "canon glitch" - this is a problem that comes up when you're writing in parallel with a show that's actually airing (and evolving its backstory) at the same time, because -as I said elsewhere upthread - TV trumps Tie-ins.
                              Case in point - When I was writing Halcyon I found some info that explained the meaning of the tattoo on Ronan's neck; it was a "Wraith glyph", like the tribal/cadre tatts we'd seen on Wraiths, marking him as a Runner. I liked the idea, so I put a bit of dialogue in the book where this is mentioned.
                              Later, waaay after I'd finished the book and delivered the manuscript, on the TV show Ronan's tattoo was shown to be a Satedan thing, and not Wraithy at all. Either the initial info I had was wrong, or the writers on the show decided to change this minor bit of background. It's not a story-breaker, but it's now a glitch.

Out Now:
                              Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                              Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                              "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                              Twitter

Comment

Just FYI, an excerpt from my new Stargate SG-1 novel Relativity is now up online over at my website Here...

Out Now:
                                Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X