X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe GW can Incorporate some kind of Alpha site RPG Clan

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto
      This is a load of rubbish, it means we very likely won't see SGTA and will have to wait ages again for it to come out, then we will have to pay monthly just for the privilege to play it, all they care about is money :rolleyes
      You do know that not all MMO's require monthly fees right?

Plus "a" stargate game is better than "no" stargate game.

No one has played the final version of Alliance so I won't judge whether or not it was any good, I will only look towards the future.
      I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Discussion of another Stargate game backed up by MGM

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060131/latu006.html?.v=43

http://www.cheyenneme.com/home/index.php

Comment

Damn it why they have to go and make something like this i mean i guess then its gonna have its subscription charges etc. I would have preferred along the lines of a startgate game similar to star wars empire at war becasue theres alot u can do with it and what a game it could be. However i guess this does have its advantages.

Comment

God what a crock. It's finally out why Alliance was cancelled, they simply didn't want people to get their stargate FIX by playing a game they could pick up anytime once they had bought it. NOPE they want you to buy the game then keep paying them just because it is the only one you can play. MMO for free HAHAHA you gotta be kidding right. MONEY HUNGRY BUNCH. They don't give a rat's ass that some people really don't want to play online, and wanted to play a game ABOUT SG-1 with the characters they have been portraying for so long NOPE MONEYMONEY MONEY MONEY

Comment

id prefer it this way, its going to be awesome, if they can do to stargate what they did with SWG then im all for it...its going to be worth the wait.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

This is the coolest news EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                  You do know that not all MMO's require monthly fees right?

Plus "a" stargate game is better than "no" stargate game.
                  Maybe, but I have never bought into this online gaming stuff. I have to buy the game then pay to play it? That's crazy. I can't believe they cancelled Alliance, a game that I could just play for free, only to make a game that I will have to subscribe to.

This better not require a monthly fee.

Comment

...how about right here. YEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

This is the best Stargate news I've heard in awhile. Gateworld is going to explode in popularity after the release of Worlds. All the mods should get ready for the tidal wave of new entries.
                    ...that is course hoping that the game doesn't completly suck.

Comment

I've never heard of an MMORPG that doesn't require a monthly subscription fee.

This is not why The Alliance was reportedly cancelled. The MMO is in the earliest stage of development and probably won't be out for another two years or so. In that time MGM could release The Alliance, have that go through its sales life cycle, and create another title or two and have them sell through before the MMO launches.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Anyone seen the concept art? This would be an excellent way of explaining the many arcs they left behind like Retu, Oannes etc. I also wonder if this will go to Atlantis as well. Or perhaps would that be included in some kind of expansion or patch later?

Well apparently there will only be the Goa'uld System Lords (bad guys) vs SGC (good guys). So this might mean that the Lucian Alliance, Free Jaffa Nation, Tok'ra etc are NPC factions.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well, I have high hopes for it... but I'm an MMO veteran and unfortunately most of them are huge dissapointments.

I've checked out some of the concept art and the Serpent Guards don't look right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                            I've never heard of an MMORPG that doesn't require a monthly subscription fee.

This is not why The Alliance was reportedly cancelled. The MMO is in the earliest stage of development and probably won't be out for another two years or so. In that time MGM could release The Alliance, have that go through its sales life cycle, and create another title or two and have them sell through before the MMO launches.
                            Guild Wars comes to mind.
                            Check out www.mmorpg.com
                            There are a number of Free MMORPGS. Some are actually pretty decent.

Comment

Why would gateworld explode because of this?

GateWorld is already very popular.

Comment

The issue with 'system lords' is that there really are none. There may be goa'uld out there, but they're lords of precicely squat.

Oh, also concerned that the 'company' was formed in July 2005, veterans or not.
                                "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Working...
                                X