Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and another thing any idea what season it is taking place in and anything on the storyline
    We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Comment

THEY DID IT-THEY UPDATED THE SITE! ! ! ! ! ! !
      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

No information has been revealed yet about this.
        But they will open a board current 2005 for fans in various languages, so you will be able to ask them directly !!
        Gilles
        http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
        Ben Browder interview
        Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Yes. They updated it about a week ago, but they were supposed to update it two days ago as well, and they bumped the date up a day, then they bumped it up two days last night.

Comment

Maybe they're just trying to buid up the anticipation!

Comment

OMG I said when I first saw these shots ... are we really in 2004/2005 ??? it's look like a HL1 modification !!!! Damn come on guys throw the game to the garbadge and begin with Source engine !!!! a lot more to offer than this poor engine who can't even make a perfect circle on a missile ... Disgusting !
              - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
              - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
              - The Nox

Comment

It looks ok to me, I do see some of the angles on the circles but the textures are beautiful, and the design looks quite nice.

I can't wait to fire a zat gun!
                sigpic

Comment

The engine is Unreal 2.5 with several enhancements, up-to-date and capable of showing some very nice things never seen before. The angles aren`t there by mistake, it`s intention. And its not a missile...

Comment

You guys must have never play Farcry, doom3 or half-life2/counter-strike:source before ... because in 2005 we could have expected a lot more than that ! yes the texture are OK, not as big as hl2 but still ... but there is not enough polygones ! I hope it'll be a great game too but they should have know that Source would have be a better idea, really. just watch the futur mode comming it will be awesome !
                    - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                      You guys must have never play Farcry, doom3 or half-life2/counter-strike:source before ... because in 2005 we could have expected a lot more than that ! yes the texture are OK, not as big as hl2 but still ... but there is not enough polygones ! I hope it'll be a great game too but they should have know that Source would have be a better idea, really. just watch the futur mode comming it will be awesome !
                      Would you prefer the game be made in Unreal Engine 3?

That would push back the development by at least TWO years!

Right now they're using Unreal Engine 2X. Assuming you haven't seen how Unreal Championchip 2: The Liandri Conflict looks great, let me also fill you in on something: the PS2 and Xbox can't handle the graphics capacity that UE3 has, only UE2X.

And on a side note, these screenshots seem to be WIP, so that means they might not be completely polished yet.
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

The screen shots aren't polished yet, correct. They are teasers not the final outcome.

Considering there is still a year (more or less) until the game is releaseed, I think you need give some benefit of the doubt.

It's looking pretty impressive to me so far.

Comment

The game is looking exremely impressive so far

Comment

I wonder if the company that is making the game will be willing to team up with Aspyr Media to make a Macintosh version of the Game.

Comment

Gothann > If you have read the interview you've learned they have their own team for each plateform (I hope I'm not taking about an interview about an another game I read about recently lol ... ) So they could easily do the game Better first, and After that decrease the graphic on other plateform. It is very easy to do and every developper do that !!!

I hope the game will look good but they can't do something like farcry or even around it ... now people want great graphic AND GOOD GAMEPLAY ! The game could be a very very nice game that every website would consider possesing a new gameplay and everything but ... that won't happen.

Don't forget the game won't go in store today, it'll only be finished in one year !!! So the game will be even worse by the time !

Anyway, hope it'll be a nice game that I'll buy for sure
                              - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                                I hope the game will look good but they can't do something like farcry or even around it ... now people want great graphic AND GOOD GAMEPLAY ! The game could be a very very nice game that every website would consider possesing a new gameplay and everything but ... that won't happen.

Don't forget the game won't go in store today, it'll only be finished in one year !!! So the game will be even worse by the time !
                                Now, if you haven't noticed, graphics don't change per platform, it's the coding. Having worked on some individual game-creation projects, each platform has different hex coding, different accepted programming languages and a few other insignificant things (unless you've worked on a team that developped a game on multiple systems). Of course, my experiences are limited to what's out there for free, as in Hex editing and programming for making NES, SNES, Genesis, and other old school game systems, but the concept still holds true.

I wouldn't be so concerned about graphics if I were you. I know it's part of the realism of a game, but if you think that graphics make a game, then I should rush right away play every single Xbox game out there. >_>
                                Now, I don't mean that in a bad way, I meant that balance is a major issue here. They can't have the whole team be comprised of 2D and 3D artists, all of them only having basic knowlege of coding. They need gameplay coders & testers, story writers (ESPECIALLY if it will be canon), graphic artists & modelers...

All in all, making a game is much more than how it will look in the end. Not to mention, I'm SURE they're aiming the game at people who have decent machines (I'm gadging the aim at a minimum requirement of a P4 2.0 GHZ right now, with a good graphics card). This also means they need to tone down the polygons and all, 'cause if not they're going to be in really big trouble.

As a final note, it's not only the gameplay experience, but also the marketing experience. You can't expect a game to sell if it's barely playable on some of the higher-end gaming machines currently out there... There HAS to be some thought for the little guy who can't afford to buy a cutting-edge $2500 PC each year.

PS: Most multi-platform games that have a PC version in parallel production are made to match on all platforms, meaning the PC version is either dumbed down to look like the consoles (not the case right now) or the system version is dumbed down to match the average graphics processing of the PC market.
                                Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                                X