Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It says to send the disk AND/OR send the proof of purchase. I replied to the email I got to confirm that sending only the proof of purchase is OK. It's a lot cheaper than shipping the DVD and Jewel Case like it says.
    Flagship of the Asgard Fleet

Comment

That's really cool. Thanks Switch42
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beliskner
        It says to send the disk AND/OR send the proof of purchase. I replied to the email I got to confirm that sending only the proof of purchase is OK. It's a lot cheaper than shipping the DVD and Jewel Case like it says.
        Yeah, but that requires cutting the box. Which I really don't want to do...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
          They'll probably send you a new box (saying there are commentaries on all episodes)
          sigpic

Comment

The receipt/order form isn't sufficient?
            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
              The receipt/order form isn't sufficient?
              I think they want to make sure that your copy isn't a pirated one
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
                Maybe not. The paper insert inside the disk 5 box itself has a proof of purchase in the bottom corner. That's what I asked in my reply email (whether I'll get a reply or not I don't know)

Comment

Maybe not. The paper insert inside the disk 5 box itself has a proof of purchase in the bottom corner. That's what I asked in my reply email (whether I'll get a reply or not I don't know)
                  Crap. I think I threw that out.....

Comment

Thank god I saved mine.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just got a reply from Sony: Good news!

The proof of purchase is acceptable and it can be found "on the corner of the paper insert in Season 8, Disk 5's package (number 12187).
                      No cutting the box if you have your insert paper.

Comment

Yay!! I have that!

Comment

I also have everything needed to get the replacement, I'm glad that they dealt with this so fast.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info.
                            I went over to check on this process and found a registration form. Is that the form you need to mail in? It has a spot for an account number. Do you have to have an account number? what is the mailing address? Did I miss a step?

Comment

That is so sweet.

Straighten this up for me, all you have to send is the proof of purchase tab (from the bottom-right of the Disc 5 Case) and the certificate from Checkmyrebate.com. Right.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                                That is so sweet.

Straighten this up for me, all you have to send is the proof of purchase tab (from the bottom-right of the Disc 5 Case) and the certificate from Checkmyrebate.com. Right.
                                That's what they said when I asked about it. No receipt, or UPC code, no DVD, just the little proof of purchase from the bottom of the insert paper inside the disk 5 case and the checkmyrebate form.

I just put the store and date purchased on that form, the account number line didn't have an asterisk like the others so I assumed it was optional and didn't apply in this case.

On the form that you print out after filling out the form it has the mailing address.

Comment

Working...
                                X