This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aizjanika
    I don't want to sign the petition because I also want all the extras they got everywhere else. I've been checking with Amazon.co.uk and also with a friend who has the UK disks--and also with another friend who has the US set and opened hers (I haven't opened mine because I think I'm going to return it), and these are all the things they have on the UK DVDs that we didn't get on the US set:
    • Full (longer) version of Threads
    • Director's Series for Threads
    • Michael Shanks: A Convention Experience
    • Amanda Tapping: A Convention Experience
    • The Last Days of Teal'c featurette
    • The Lowdown that aired pre season seven (which had an extra 15 minutes that were only on this DVD -- I think this may have been split into two parts, but I'm not positive)
    • From Stargate to Atlantis featurette
    • Two Secrets Revealed specials
    • An interview with Mallozzi & Mullie
    • Director's Series for Moebius

I especially wanted to see the convention things and The Last Days of Teal'c. I would also love to see those Lowdown features. :-( I think I'm going to send my set back and wait to buy the UK set when it comes out. I'm not positive, though...

Edited to add the last item to the list.
    Come on I hate the British, they get better featurettes than we do. How is that possible?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
      Oh no, Daredevil quotes. Peanuts anyone?
      Ok Charlie Brown, I'll hold the football here...
      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

For the same reason as regions exist. The box sets aren't compiled by fans.
        "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Hey I nebvver even got the chance to actually see the extended and loved to have seen it. Trust me I would have loved to have seen it Got the thing opened it saw it wasn't. GOt depressed for two seconds then i got hungry then i was perfectly content. so as I repeat whats the big deal.
          I think you answer your own question, here. If you'd seen the original, extended version, you'd probably understand why many people are irritated they were short-changed with a sliced up version on the DVD which cut out so many scenes that the detail and naunces of the plot were entirely lost.

Since you haven't seen the original, you can't really realise what you've missed out on. So it's not entirely surprising you're not that irked about it. Whether you'd be just as happy with the DVD as is, having compared the two, is of course a matter of prefence. Some fans are. Many more are not. But I think if you'd seen both versions you would at least be able to understand more easily where fans who are annoyed are coming from.

And on that note, can I just say - Yay! while dancing a quick polka around the room. Looks like we're on track for a UK release that I'll be more than happy, nay ecstatic, to buy come March! Woohoo!

Albion
          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I'll admit that I was wrong and am very happy and impressed with MGM's speedy response. I have to say for the record, that I think that the speedy response is due to two things, first the petition organizers and signers, second the downloaders. If not for the second, MGM wouldn't care as much so don't say nothing positive ever came from dl.

Comment

So does this mean they're recalling and re-releasing the whole set? Or should I go buy season 8 now and figure out how to exchange the one disc? I don't want to get screwed out of Threads if they decide to discontinue the exchanges at some point.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It would just be a disc 5 exchange I believe and probably only last a limited amount of time. Details should come out soon.

Comment

so do you think I should get season 8 now, or wait for them to announce what the details of the exchange should be?
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                  Originally posted by Jonzey
                  Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

I don't remember watching the longer version. Wonder what i missed.

Comment

Originally posted by jebus
                      so do you think I should get season 8 now, or wait for them to announce what the details of the exchange should be?
                      Might as well get it, I doubt they will pull the current copies off the shelves and replace them. It would be a major loss in cash.

Comment

who will be stuck with the shipping and handling on the replacement? It was their mistake so they should have to pay for it, but will they? I have my set but have not opened it yet. should I return it? I am not willing to pay more money to get a show that was already listed as being in the set. If we did have to pay one cent more than what we have already given to the stores that would be false avertising. I am afraid that if I return it to the stores and wait a few months, I will end up buying a set at chrtistmas and realizing that it still is missing the original show (like someone said, it would be to costly for them to recall all the sets) and then it would be to late for the exchange.

Comment

I see no reason why they wouldnt pay for the shipping, they paid for shipping of the season 5 stills gallery that was missing and for the replacement clipcase for season 7 from the glue, why would this be any different?
                          Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Whenb do we fine out how to exchange our DVDs?
                            I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

i dont know, but im waiting to get mine.

Comment

I just got an e-mail from Sony about the replacement disc. Here are the instructions for those that need/want them:

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures
                                Home Entertainment (SPHE) products.

To receive a replacement for "Stargate SG-1: Season 8 - Volume 5" please
                                log on to:

www.checkmyrebate.com

Click
                                Find A Rebate

Click
                                Columbia TriStar/Sony/MGM

Click
                                Stargate Replacement DVD

Read the "Rebate Details" then

Click
                                Online Registration

Fill Out Form and print your confirmation page.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued
                                patronage of SPHE products.

It does look like you need to send the whole disc back, but I guess that's OK since it's a full disc replacement.

Kerri

Comment

Working...
                                X