No announcement yet.

stargate atlantis novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We might have the Ouroboros ebook in a week.
    http://mescott.livejournal.com/32904.html

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
      We might have the Ouroboros ebook in a week.
      http://mescott.livejournal.com/32904.html

My summer is looking up!!!! I feel parched from the lack of SG novels. This will help!

By the way is this an SG novel, an SGA novel, or a crossover?

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
        My summer is looking up!!!! I feel parched from the lack of SG novels. This will help!

By the way is this an SG novel, an SGA novel, or a crossover?
        It's a crossover.

Comment

I plan on reading the Legacy series after my next re-watch (which might not be for a while). So I'm wondering what are some other well written SGA novels that I can get on the kindle? I had my eye on Blood Ties. Has anyone read that?

Comment

Hey, Cody, and welcome to the boards! I hope you have as much fun here as I do!

Aside from the Legacy series, there are some wonderful, standalone novels out there - and since I've just finished it, I can recommend Blood Ties very highly!

It's a really good crossover between SGA and SG1, and if you're a Sheppard fan, you won't be disappointed. He has a great storyline. As a Lorne Lover, I was pretty happy with his share of the action too!!

Daniel and, to a lesser extent, Landry also feature from SG1. The story itself is very well thought out, and the author has a real feel for all the characters.

Others you might want to try are Casualties Of War, Death Game, and Brimstone.

I hope that helps - and if you do get to read any of these, I'd love to know what you thought of them too!

Cate
            sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

^^^ I second the Blood Ties book. Very good reading and nice in character writing. I also enjoyed Mirror Mirror. I thought it was pretty gripping.

Comment

are there any that feature sam nicely?
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CodyCampbell View Post
                  I plan on reading the Legacy series after my next re-watch (which might not be for a while). So I'm wondering what are some other well written SGA novels that I can get on the kindle? I had my eye on Blood Ties. Has anyone read that?
                  I second what Cate's Corner said about Blood Ties.

Entanglement was also enjoyable and captured my imagination. I felt like I could see the characters in the AU the 'gate team encountered and enjoyed the different technology and the mystery of not knowing who could be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Hey, majorsal!

Yes, there's an excellent standalone book that features Sam a lot. I meant to add it to my previous list, but forgot - sorry about that!

Anyway, it's called Nightfall, by James Swallow.

I enjoyed it very much (lots of Lorne too, so I was happy!!)
                    Spoiler:
                    But just to let you know there are a few less favourable reviews on Amazon, saying the characters aren't true to the series, and pointing out some technical errors too. So you might want to read those first. Personally, I prefer to read these books and make up my own mind on how much I enjoyed them

Hope that helps - and if you do read it, I'd love to know what you think!

Cate
                    sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      "Angelus" takes place in Season 4, so there's a fair amount of Sam in the book. It takes place within her first month on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyCampbell View Post
                        I bought Mirror, Mirror and Casualties of War in paperback and they are both excellent.

Blood Ties... I didn't get very far into because I didn't care for it. But YMMV, of course.

Comment

thanks, cate's corner and hedwig.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

SGA and SG1 crossover Ouroboros is out in ebook!
                            http://mescott.livejournal.com/34326.html

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                              SGA and SG1 crossover Ouroboros is out in ebook!
                              http://mescott.livejournal.com/34326.html
                              Was just about to post that. Sadly it's not available for my Kobo yet unless I go through crossroads. Still exciting news. I hope its followed by news of more Stargate novels!
                              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                                Was just about to post that. Sadly it's not available for my Kobo yet unless I go through crossroads. Still exciting news. I hope its followed by news of more Stargate novels!
                                It's at Crossroad Press now, in more formats: http://mescott.livejournal.com/35032.html Happy reading.

I hope we can get more books too. I would like to read more about Elizabeth's adventures and the Pegasus Asgard.

Comment

Working...
                                X