stargate atlantis novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
    Did any of the Pre Legacy SGA books have any Wraith centered stories?
    I know of these:

Rising
    The Chosen
    Halcyon
    Entanglement
    Blood Ties
    Nightfall
    Deathgame
    Hunt and Run

Comment

10-Q. I just wondred cause when I would read the descriptions on the books it always seemed that the wraith were just sort of being used as a background threat.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        10-Q. I just wondred cause when I would read the descriptions on the books it always seemed that the wraith were just sort of being used as a background threat.
        Some of them still do, to various degrees. Of these, I most recommend "Entanglement" because not all of them are cannon fodder.

Comment

I bought two from Forbidden Planet for 99p each. I'm not sure if you're American or British or whatever, but I live in England and can get them from Forbidden Planet (they also have a website but I'm not sure if they'll be on there - they might be though!!). If you don't have one nearby, maybe if there are any similar sci-fi/comic-based shops?

Comment

Some fanart of the Eidolon Wraith in "Entanglement":

Trishen (by myself):
            *http://wraithworshipper.deviantart.c...shen-326489736

An original character named Arren (by Katsuja81):
            *http://katsuja81.deviantart.com/art/SGA-Arren-271960510
            *http://katsuja81.deviantart.com/art/...lose-272317630

Comment

Any news when the final Legacy Series book comes out? I want to read Secrets, but I'm guessing it will be a cliffhanger, and would like to have the next one in my hands, so I'm not waiting.
              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                Any news when the final Legacy Series book comes out? I want to read Secrets, but I'm guessing it will be a cliffhanger, and would like to have the next one in my hands, so I'm not waiting.
                From what I heard, its place in queue was switched with Mobius Squared and should be early 2013.

Comment

There is also this thread for discussing the Legacy books themselves:
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...cy-Book-Series

Feel free to drop in and chat about hopes, fears, speculations, reflections, and so forth. It's like a book club in there right now.

Comment

Thinking of reading Entanglement next. It was a toss up between this one and The Chosen. I'm trying to wait closer to the release of the final Legacy book before I read Secrets.

Any thoughts which I should choose next?

Comment

Thinking of reading Entanglement next. It was a toss up between this one and The Chosen. I'm trying to wait closer to the release of the final Legacy book before I read Secrets.

Any thoughts which I should choose next?
                      Entanglement is one of my favorites. It has a lot of mystery with a Quantum Mirror and a (sort of) different alien society, where not everyone can be trusted.

If you are a McKay fan or squeamish about violent deaths, including for enemies, I caution you about The Chosen. I almost could not finish the book.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                        Entanglement is one of my favorites. It has a lot of mystery with a Quantum Mirror and a (sort of) different alien society, where not everyone can be trusted.

If you are a McKay fan or squeamish about violent deaths, including for enemies, I caution you about The Chosen. I almost could not finish the book.
                        And both still sound interesting. Entanglement more so. Why would being a McKay fan influence men for the Chosen? Or is that a major spoiler?

Comment

Why would being a McKay fan influence men for the Chosen? Or is that a major spoiler?
                          I don't think a reader's gender would influence the perception of how McKay was written. Actually, McKay haters would dislike him here too, because he is constantly getting on the nerves of the rest of the team and complicating issues for the first 2/3 of the story. I also remember this book confused me because there were so many new characters I could not keep track of who did what, who was on which side, and what all the planet's struggles were about. I just kept track of what the team was doing, even if I could not understand the OC characters. It got me through the plot well enough. Maybe jotting down character names and notes would have been helpful, but I didn't expect so many twists and it was too late for me to go back and do so once I realized I was confused.

Conversely, by these same authors, I did like Blood Ties a lot, in case you haven't read it yet. For me, it is right up there with Entanglement. John's team was more cohesive and the new characters were easier to track, both friend and foe. The entire voice of the story was different and shrouded with more mysteries and possibilities-- right here on Earth, too.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                            I don't think a reader's gender would influence the perception of how McKay was written. Actually, McKay haters would dislike him here too, because he is constantly getting on the nerves of the rest of the team and complicating issues for the first 2/3 of the story. I also remember this book confused me because there were so many new characters I could not keep track of who did what, who was on which side, and what all the planet's struggles were about. I just kept track of what the team was doing, even if I could not understand the OC characters. It got me through the plot well enough. Maybe jotting down character names and notes would have been helpful, but I didn't expect so many twists and it was too late for me to go back and do so once I realized I was confused.

Conversely, by these same authors, I did like Blood Ties a lot, in case you haven't read it yet. For me, it is right up there with Entanglement. John's team was more cohesive and the new characters were easier to track, both friend and foe. The entire voice of the story was different and shrouded with more mysteries and possibilities-- right here on Earth, too.
                            I meant "Me" not "Men" I'm still trying to get used to typing on an iPad. I would say that was autocorrect, but this time it was just a big fail on my part.

McKay is always annoying, but by the sounds of it he's more annoying than usual. Blood Ties has caught my eye too. The slight cross-over sounds interesting.

Comment

Auto correct on the iPad is a nightmare lol

Comment

McKay is always annoying, but by the sounds of it he's more annoying than usual.
                                I'm not sure what the writers had planned there; maybe they imagined things had to come to a head with McKay offscreen for the team to function as a whole onscreen. He does fall into step more by the end of the book, which may have been their goal. It's very noticeable, though, and my best guess to explain it.

Blood Ties has caught my eye too. The slight cross-over sounds interesting.
                                It was. It's mostly Daniel working with the team and his recalling applicable legends was fascinating.

Oddly enough, coming from a Wraith fan, I also enjoyed Hunt and Run for the story telling dynamics. The book is like two interrelated stories, with a plot structure like passing through a sphere with a another sphere tucked inside of it, of John's team up against a cunning, dangerous group while Ronon tells a story from his past. So, you kind of get two stories for the price of one.

Comment

Working...
                                X