stargate atlantis novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Check www.stargatenovels.com for more info publisher. You can order ebooks from that website as well.
    Yah..... that didn't answer my question. Nor was that what I was asking.

As I go to the site, a lot (who are the publisher) my question was is there a third part distributor of ebooks? Because the publishers website AKA stargatenovels.com is not updated. It only lists some of the books being available. Which isn't the case if you actually go to Amazon.com or the Kobos site.
    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
      Yah..... that didn't answer my question. Nor was that what I was asking.

As I go to the site, a lot (who are the publisher) my question was is there a third part distributor of ebooks? Because the publishers website AKA stargatenovels.com is not updated. It only lists some of the books being available. Which isn't the case if you actually go to Amazon.com or the Kobos site.
      If you search the Kobos site for "Sg1", "Stargate" and/or "Stargate SG1", you will find several of the ebooks, all of which (plus more) are available on the stargate novels site. I just looked there, and Kobos does not have all the ebooks that the stargate novels site does. Kobos also has several of the SGA novels, but not all of them. What parameters are you using to search for them on any given site?

I don't know what you mean by "third part distributors". My understanding is that Stargate Novels distributes them to amazon, barnes & noble and other booksellers.

Comment

If you search the Kobos site for "Sg1", "Stargate" and/or "Stargate SG1", you will find several of the ebooks, all of which (plus more) are available on the stargate novels site. I just looked there, and Kobos does not have all the ebooks that the stargate novels site does. Kobos also has several of the SGA novels, but not all of them. What parameters are you using to search for them on any given site?

I don't know what you mean by "third part distributors". My understanding is that Stargate Novels distributes them to amazon, barnes & noble and other booksellers.
        I will simply it for you. Why doesn't the publisher site/stargate novels have proper updated information on their info for their books. As I stated I have bought all the books missing in my collection, yet their site does not list them as available in EBook format. Usually in the publishing world, this means a third party distributes the Ebooks - separate from the print distributor - which would explain why Stargatenovels site does not have updated information on their books. I want to know if that's the case. Or is it lack of updating on the site.

Comment

I will simply it for you. Why doesn't the publisher site/stargate novels have proper updated information on their info for their books. As I stated I have bought all the books missing in my collection, yet their site does not list them as available in EBook format. Usually in the publishing world, this means a third party distributes the Ebooks - separate from the print distributor - which would explain why Stargatenovels site does not have updated information on their books. I want to know if that's the case. Or is it lack of updating on the site.
          Have you read the article on Gateworld's main page about the Stargate ebooks and what the publishing company is intending to do?

Some of the older books were not available in ebook format, but they are apparently planning to release all of them in ebook form. Read the article. If your answer isn't available there, it isn't available anywhere.

Comment

Have you read the article on Gateworld's main page about the Stargate ebooks and what the publishing company is intending to do?

Some of the older books were not available in ebook format, but they are apparently planning to release all of them in ebook form. Read the article. If your answer isn't available there, it isn't available anywhere.
            As I stated in my comments above, I bought all books I didn't own. And when I bought them, all books were available in Ebook format on amazon and other stores - not just ones listed on the article or the publishers website. I'm curious as to why the sellers have more updated information than the actual website?

Comment

I can clarify this! Fandemonium is the publisher and they handle the print copies. The actual distribution of the ebooks is through Crossroad Press, an ebook publisher. http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...nj4p5oalpq4be5 If you're trying to get the complete ebooks, the originator of the distribution is Crossroad. They have the most titles (all that are in ebook), which is 36 at the moment.
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I have read Allegiance, but something strikes me as odd

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                Why should the Daedalus and the Hammond just use their railguns instead of their Asgard weapons against the Hive?
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 February 2012, 04:47 AM. Reason: Manual Spoiler tag inserted.:)

Comment

I know there's article on Gateworld about the novels, Stargate novels expand into ebooks, and there was something in there about bypassing bookstores. Does that mean they, any that came out before Stargate SG-1: Transitions and SGA: Allegiance, will only be available on-line?

I'm asking because I tried order Brimstone from the bookstore, I think it was around the time the article came out, but I never heard anything, which is unusual because I've always heard back on the books I've ordered from them so I didn't bother to go back and check around that time. I know that Fandemonium Books will eventually getting all the books came out before Stargate SG-1: Transitions and SGA: Allegiance so they'll print on demand but I figure you could still get those books, the in print ones, at the bookstore until then.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                    I know there's article on Gateworld about the novels, Stargate novels expand into ebooks, and there was something in there about bypassing bookstores. Does that mean they, any that came out before Stargate SG-1: Transitions and SGA: Allegiance, will only be available on-line?

I'm asking because I tried order Brimstone from the bookstore, I think it was around the time the article came out, but I never heard anything, which is unusual because I've always heard back on the books I've ordered from them so I didn't bother to go back and check around that time. I know that Fandemonium Books will eventually getting all the books came out before Stargate SG-1: Transitions and SGA: Allegiance so they'll print on demand but I figure you could still get those books, the in print ones, at the bookstore until then.
                    It appears to be available on Barnes & Noble in paperback and ebook form. You could try there.

Comment

It appears to be available on Barnes & Noble in paperback and ebook form. You could try there.
                      Thanks I'll check at Barnes & Noble for a paperback copy since I was unsuccessful at Book a Million for the book.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/181711.html

The cover for the fourth Legacy book, The Furies.
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...roducts_id=443

SGA-19, The Furies, is up for sale!
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                            http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...roducts_id=443

SGA-19, The Furies, is up for sale!
                            Barnes and nobles has it in ebook form too! Just bought it and starting ro read. Love the cover!

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                              Barnes and nobles has it in ebook form too! Just bought it and starting ro read. Love the cover!
                              Isn't the cover gorgeous? I love it.
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Havent been on here in ages, thought I'd pop I to see if SGA19 had a release date. Very happy to see it has already been released! Just bought it for kindle. Sadly I must started reading ReqLiquary, now I'll have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X