No announcement yet.

stargate atlantis novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John and Teyla's relationship is developed in the Legacy books and its done very well.. These two have been close since day one on the show and the writers have hinted at their feelings on more than one occasion. I'm delighted that MGM have approved their ongoing relationship..

I think it would be unrealistic to have no pairings at all and unlike the writers of the show Jo Graham actually gives us a realistic relationship. But having said that their relationship doesn't detract in anyway from the action packed storylines and there is plenty to entertain everyone.

I'm loving the series so far and can't wait for the next book.. I also love how everyone gets equal attention and that no character is left on the sideline like in the show..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jcb33 View Post
      I am wanting to collect for the set of SG1 and SGA novels, but notice a fair few are out of print, ergo was wondering if there are any plans to republish them?
      I do want the full set, but I dont fancy paying £100+ for Halcyon for example to achieve this...
      If you have a kindle, or don't mind reading on your pc, you can download Halcyon as an ebook from Amazon. They have quite a few Stargate books there available electronically. It's definately ALOT cheaper than paying a couple hundred for a hard copy book.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Personally I hope these books stay ship-free. I'm not a fan of John/Teyla, so I hope I'm not paying to see them written together.
      If you really hate that pairing then you may not like these books.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      John and Teyla's relationship is developed in the Legacy books and its done very well.. These two have been close since day one on the show and the writers have hinted at their feelings on more than one occasion. I'm delighted that MGM have approved their ongoing relationship..
      I don't exactly ship John and Telya but I don't mind reading about it either. I could see the subtle hints in the show between her and John. And in my opinion a relationship with John would of made more sense than with Kanaan.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      I also love how everyone gets equal attention and that no character is left on the sideline like in the show..

I very much agree. Myself being a fan of the wraith I like how the author has even given more attention to the wraith than the show has.
      The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
        If you have a kindle, or don't mind reading on your pc, you can download Halcyon as an ebook from Amazon. They have quite a few Stargate books there available electronically. It's definately ALOT cheaper than paying a couple hundred for a hard copy book.
        While true I would much sooner own them as physical books, it just feels... right I guess. I may have to consider investing in a Kindle though, but thats why I was hoping they would do a reprint of the books....

Jcb33.

Comment

Well, glad to hear some news about the third book. I wish they could at least hint to when it might be released.

With what some of the other posters above are saying, I'm also enjoy the books focusing on all the characters evenly. I really enjoyed the insight on the Wraith, very interesting.
          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
            Well, glad to hear some news about the third book. I wish they could at least hint to when it might be released.

With what some of the other posters above are saying, I'm also enjoy the books focusing on all the characters evenly. I really enjoyed the insight on the Wraith, very interesting.
            The third book, Allegiance, is supposed to be out in November.
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Good news at last

follow link:

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/2011/09/06/

Cheering
              I came, I saw, I conquered!
              sigpic
              We are unique! Created unique!
              Sevenofnine

Comment

Thank you for the heads up and the link...
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Finally! Only a 6 month wait! Thanks MGM!

Hopefully this'll result in the other novels being published quicker too.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Just wondering, and if I'm repeating a question, I apologize, but why are certain books in the series (for example, The Chosen & Halcyon) so expensive & others not? Are they OOP? And if so, why are the first two (Rising & Reliquary) NOT expensive? Are they back in print? Any plans for #3 & #4 to come back into print? I really want to read #3 & #4, but either way, I'll be stuck spending $100 or more for the pleasure, as I don't own a Kindle.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                      Just wondering, and if I'm repeating a question, I apologize, but why are certain books in the series (for example, The Chosen & Halcyon) so expensive & others not? Are they OOP? And if so, why are the first two (Rising & Reliquary) NOT expensive? Are they back in print? Any plans for #3 & #4 to come back into print? I really want to read #3 & #4, but either way, I'll be stuck spending $100 or more for the pleasure, as I don't own a Kindle.
                      It could be the fact The Chosen and Halcyon out of print as well as all the others, SGA and SG1, that came out the same year as those and what I find odd is all the ones that came out the first year the novels were available, 2006 I think, in US and I'll assume Canada are the ones that are out of print. I don't know why I find that odd but I do. You would think it be the first novels that came that would be out print if any had to be. If you are lucky like I was maybe some gateworlder has an extra copy, you could check a used bookstore or try http://www.alibris.com/ which a gateworlder suggested to me when I was looking for the out of print novels.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Thanks, planet! I'm keeping my eyes out in the used bookstore (yup, singular) in my area. Guess I could try yard sales, too. Will check out the website, as well. Appreciate the answer.

ETA: Alibris shows the same prices as Amazon. The cheap in me rears it's ugly head at paying $45 and up for a used book. Gonna have to go the used bookstore/yard sale route, I guess.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

If you don't own a Kindle there are free programs you can download that will let you read a Kindle version on your computer or your phone. They convert the Kindle version to plain old HTML. Don't know if that helps, but it's an option!
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                            If you don't own a Kindle there are free programs you can download that will let you read a Kindle version on your computer or your phone. They convert the Kindle version to plain old HTML. Don't know if that helps, but it's an option!
                            A link would help. Hint, hint... Or even the name to google. I've got a dumb phone, so it would have to be on the computer.
                            sigpic

Comment

A link would help. Hint, hint... Or even the name to google. I've got a dumb phone, so it would have to be on the computer.
                              http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000493771
                              sigpic

Comment

Done! So now I can download the kindle versions of the books? Yes?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X