Legacy Series
      Death Game
      Bloodties
      Reliquary
      Rising
      Exogenesis, and
      Chosen

Any others??

Thanks for your opinions, I really appreciate them! :hugs all who answered:
      I thought Casualties of War and Mirror, Mirror were pretty good. Mirror, Mirror was confusing at first but once I got into it I really liked it.

Comment

The Lost is my favorite so far for the element of surprise and the character development.

Comment

In case anybody's interested, there's an Ask the Authors of the next Legacy book, Melissa Scott and Amy Griswold, going on here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/122258.html
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I just finished Death Game today. I enjoyed it but it wasn't my favorite novel. Don't get me wrong, I like Jo and I love the Legacy series so far but Death Game just didn't really grab me until about halfway in. I enjoyed the flashbacks and seeing Radek have some more meat but otherwise there didn't seem to be too much to it. Everyone was bang on character and the writing itself was good. I'd say 3/5.

I finally got Nightfall so that's next on the list. Then I'll be caught up with all the novels for the first time in about a year.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The Legacy series authors are auctioning off a guest appearance in The Inheritors, the last Legacy book, in a charity auction here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/124097.html?mode=reply
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I consider myself fairly tech savy but I can't figure out this auction site. Can someone find a link to the specific auction?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  I consider myself fairly tech savy but I can't figure out this auction site. Can someone find a link to the specific auction?
                  Here is the auction:
                  http://helpthesouth.livejournal.com/...age=6#comments

To quickly locate the post, press "Ctrl" + "F" and search for Zelenka. Or, you can search for "Legacy" to see the other auction for autographed books.

Comment

Hey guys,

I am wanting to collect for the set of SG1 and SGA novels, but notice a fair few are out of print, ergo was wondering if there are any plans to republish them?

I do want the full set, but I dont fancy paying £100+ for Halcyon for example to achieve this...

Thanks,
                    Jcb33

Comment

Hi all.
                      I've just started reading 'Casualties Of War' by Elizabeth Christensen.
                      I got it from amazon...

I agree £100.00 is a bit much to pay for a book to complete a set is a bit much.
                      I've got that problem with another series of books I read.
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Looks like it is going to be along wait for StarGate Atlantis Legacy Book 3: Allegiance. It was supposed to be out this month but now I am hearing that it is still at MGM waiting approval. Why didn't it get written sooner or well the other one was being written as a final draft?

I finished StarGate Atlantis Legacy Book 1: Homecoming in about 3, the same can be said for StarGate Atlantis Legacy Book 2: The Lost, and now I have to wait for the next book in the series, this is SAD ;(. I started this series just last month (near the end of the month) because the 3rd book was to be out this month and I would have had another book that I wouldn't be able to put down. I hate to not finish or read the next book in a series when it isn't out yet, now I hate to learn that someone lied about the publishing date for StarGate Atlantis Book 3: Allegiance, hopefully it will be out before the end of the month if not within the next week. I know that would make me extreamly happy, hopefully though the 3 StarGate books I recently ordered will get here soon even though they aren't part of this series.

As for the Legacy series, I like what I am seeing happening between John and Teyla. I say they should get married, they make a great and lovely couple, plus Torren already calls him "Da". It seemed like John and Teyla would get together in the series, the Legacy books show that there are feelings for him from her and clearly for her from him. John and Teyla getting married would thus be a logical choice sometime in the Legacy Series (Possibly) or another StarGate Atlantis book (and or movie) down the road.

I myself was hoping they would be getting together in the StarGate Atlantis movie that still hasn't come out or is it really canceled?

EDIT/Addition:

Spoiler:
                        Also...is it me or was their insinuations John and Teyla had sex?
                        Spoiler:
                        To answer this, I would say "No", but then again maybe it could be possible if it was a left out scene. I think they are just falling in love with each other and are heading towards that moment. This is another reason why I think and believe John and Teyla should get married and also because: "Doesn't Torren deserve a brother or sister?"
                        Last edited by jetnova16; 13 June 2011, 03:50 PM. Reason: Additional Text To Answer a post I recently saw

Comment

I have the first two books in my possession, but haven't read them yet because I'd be waiting for months for the next book to arrive. I want to read them all together.

Personally I hope these books stay ship-free. I'm not a fan of John/Teyla, so I hope I'm not paying to see them written together.

For those that would enjoy J/T, I'm sure there's plenty of that in FF already.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            I have the first two books in my possession, but haven't read them yet because I'd be waiting for months for the next book to arrive. I want to read them all together.

Personally I hope these books stay ship-free. I'm not a fan of John/Teyla, so I hope I'm not paying to see them written together.

I hate to tell you this since you haven't read the books, but here are 4 spoilers:
                            1) John calls Teyla his wife to stop someone from hitting on her. This is brought up again in Book 2.
                            2) In Book 1 & Book 2 so far, Torren calls John "Da".
                            3) In Book 1 Torren's father wants to be released from Teyla, and realizes her heart and feelings belong to another.
                            4) In both books so far, this is the part then you'll hate, John and Teyla are really getting closer and this is very good!

I am afraid to say you might just be paying for books to see the two starting a relationship, anything is possible I know, but I would say you should start reading the books now because if your going to wait for all of them first, you have a long wait fo the last one comes out in the summer of next year, literally a year away! The release dates are for all 6 books:

The STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy Series:
                            Book 1: Homecoming - October 2010
                            Book 2: The Lost - February 2011
                            Book 3: Allegiance - June 2011
                            Book 4: Avengers - October 2011
                            Book 5: The Secret - Spring 2012
                            Book 6: The Inheritors - Summer 2012

To actually quote the series, some of the other Atlantis team members thought John and Teyla would hook up and even Weir thought Torren's father was John in the episode "Ghost in the Machine".

I personally love seeing John and Teyla getting closer in the books because the FF (Fan Fiction) isn't true to canon anyways and since MGM is approving the content of the books it appears they approve of John and Teyla as well! Keep it coming is what I say. Especially since I haven't read nor located any Fan Fiction that actually fits in to StarGate Atlantis as canon.

By any chance, where can I find close to accurate Fan Fiction for StarGate Atlantis that features John and Teyla?

Spoiler:
                            (I have found some for Star Trek Enterprise, featuring Captain Jonathan Archer and T'Pol being together and even having a child together, and I have even written my own Star Trek novel that spans all the series together but has Archer and T'Pol married. I have even gotten the approval from Star Trek authors on it and soon might be able to get it published.) (If I can find some good ones, I might just be able to do the same thing for StarGate Atlantis, thus I would include StarGate SG-1, StarGate Atlantis and SGU (StarGate Universe) but the main setting would be mostly Atlantis.)

Comment

Okay, let's try this. Closest to an official approved Season 6 until we get the movies?

And no worries, everyone else
                              I can agree with that, the StarGate Atlantis Legacy Series would make a perfect Season 6 for StarGate Atlantis! Well who knows, maybe they (MGM) could turn the series into a movie, maybe it could rejuvanate the series and the franchise for them. After all, many books have been made into movies, why not these ones as well?

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                                I second that!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X