No announcement yet.

OOC - Chatter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, I think I went a little overboard in the stores longest post in a while, and to think I put it off because I thought I wasn't in the mood for it... how wrong I was.

Love it when you get some creative flow, and you can just type away for over half an hour
    "I once thought it better to be right
    But now I have finally seen the light
    Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
    I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
    Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Thanks guys. I got all of my Sheppard sigs from Csom. She makes awesome siggys and you can find her in the John Sheppard thunk thread and her siggys are snurchable, as long as you credit her. She made a few John banners for me and a few with my orginal characters with their pairings as well (hopefully that makes sense). All the rest are hers. I'm nowhere as good as the stuff Csom makes. Mine have got Roi in the banners and I've been making them for the last 2 years and have learnt a lot, and I'm still learning.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
      My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
        I'm from the east coat of Australia and the nearest capital city to me is Sydney, by 5 hours drive south of where I live.
        Australia here....I live like half hour away from the city If I go by the M2 route But then again I rarely go to the city anyway.

Comment

Aaaarghtrrrrraghargggggh!

What an agonizingly long, painful week- finally I'm done.

Now to make a Thor and Sharp post (FINALLY) and to catch up
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Just bought myself a new mouse and headphone/microphone (it came in a very reasonably priced bundle, along with a HUGE mousemat [probably about 15' wide by 12' high]) and I already love the mouse. It's got three extra buttons for macros and other stuff ^_^.

The mike's also nice quality, as are the headphones... overall: very pleased .

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Alex - can you tell me more about the clothes post from Stores, please. I would like some pictures (of the BDUs and the Blouse) to get a better idea of what is meant. You'd think I know this, but I don't, really....
              What would typically be sewn where ?

Maybe you could make a post about it in the Update thread, that is the thread I go to when I have questions that I know are answered there, anyway, lol...

Thanks hun. And, congrats on your buy.

Comment

Wikipedia is nearly always the answer.

Other interesting links: Badges, Air Force Speciality Code... can't find anything on where badges and stuff go.

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Good, we don't have the new pattern yet. We're still in 2006, I think. I keep thinking our colors are the olive drab and blue that we've seen on SG1. With black boots.

Do we need a ruling from the GMs? Does it make that much difference?
                  You're never too old to do something goofy.
                  sigpic
                  Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Civilians where what everybody else wears? The standard uniform much like Daniel did?

Pokes role play for fun.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                    My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Civvies woulds wear the same.....you play a civvie over at SGD, you should know

I don't see how Civvies would wear anything different.

Alex: What are talking about with the badges and stuff going? o.O

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                        Good, we don't have the new pattern yet. We're still in 2006, I think. I keep thinking our colors are the olive drab and blue that we've seen on SG1. With black boots.

Do we need a ruling from the GMs? Does it make that much difference?
                        Well it's likely it was in design in 2006... and as the SGC is one of the highest operations they may have got it early... but you're right, it doesn't really matter.

SR - I'm not entirely sure where badges and insignia go on the uniform, Ryn was asking about that.

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

You wrote about that in your own post in the Stores/Quarters, Alex, lol, the one with Lie'na and the Stores guys who are kitting her out . So I thought I'd ask. It would be fun if we had a definitive look on this clothes' thing.

Comment

COOL!!

Was out and spread some green earlier this morning and discovered that you can only spread green now days, not red
                            Nice going Darren et al

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                              Well it's likely it was in design in 2006... and as the SGC is one of the highest operations they may have got it early... but you're right, it doesn't really matter.

SR - I'm not entirely sure where badges and insignia go on the uniform, Ryn was asking about that.
                              I think the badges go on the right side breast of the coat when wearing full dress servies uniform and the insignia go on the shoulders or on the sleeve of the uniform.

This depends on the type of uniform one is wearing, since the dinner dress uniform has the insignia on the sleeve of the coat. Small ribbons and medals are worn with it.

USN Dress Info| USAF Dress info | US Coast Guards Uniform | USMC Dress Uniform | US Army Dress Info

This is for the US. If you need another Military branch let me know I'll hunt it down for you. Hope this information helps.

Edit: Got another one Physical Training Uniform
                              Last edited by SilverRider; 28 February 2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

"marshmallow suit"

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Working...
                                X